Newcastle United v QPR Saturday 22nd December

Tooj

Look I'm not having a go. I'm actually in awe of your boo interpretation skills. Perhaps you could reopen the cold case on the booing vs Wolves when Robson was in charge, and we can resolve that one for once and for all. :razz:

disgust with Shearer for missing the penalty iirc

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look I'm not having a go. I'm actually in awe of your boo interpretation skills. Perhaps you could reopen the cold case on the booing vs Wolves when Robson was in charge, and we can resolve that one for once and for all. :razz:

I'll bite all day :lol: back when you were a fan did people not speak at games? Did they not shout out at the players and the manager despite knowing they wouldn't hear them?

but at least i tell the truth.

to say the booing was uniform is a lie.

to say you are omniscient is also a lie.

ergo, you are a liar

So the entire ground didn't boo when cisses number came up?

Write us a story about it if it makes you feel better

We wouldnt have had to wait until the 81st minute to win the game if he could see it wasn't working earlier like every other fucker in the ground. Lets not kid ourselves that early changes of set up or personnel in a game are one of Pardews strong suits.

Cisse on the right and Jonas on the left wasn't working from the start

We probably wouldn't have won in that case because Shola is a hulking, Eric Pickles of a man who can only be effective for half an hour against a ragged defence that haven't stopped running all game.

Pardew has had nought but abuse on here all season long for being low on ideas and failing to make the changes that win games. He's made a good change over the weekend that has won the game and got stick for making the change.

For all the moaning of Cisse being out wide all game, he was right in the centre when he spurned the best chance of the game from 6 yards and then a header from 6 yards too.

I bet the folks around you did though, Motd made a point of showing the crowd loudly booing Cisses sub btw if you need your memory jogging

I know there was booing, I'm the one who raised the issue in this thread you helmet. My point was how mint it was to see those boos rammed back down peoples throats, whatever your interpretation of the reasons behind it.

Certainly around me all the shouts that went up were "Fucking Shola?!" or "Fucking hell Pardew!" or variations on that. When Shola scored several of us made a point of laughing in the faces of the lads that said it.

I was as frustrated as anyone when I came out for the second half and no changes had been made, I said to the lad I sit next to "Pardew will probably wait till the 80th minute like he always does"....but he didn't, he gave the starting 11 another 15 minutes to see if his team talk inspired an improvement and then changed it for the remaining third of the game, and had made all his changes with 20 minutes to play, a dangerous tactic with a couple of players finishing the game on bookings, and an increasingly injury prone squad.

If it didn't work then he should get stick...and he has all season. As it did work though, it deserves credit. Not a petulant "should have been done sooner!" to justify yourself booing the lads.

MOTD also made a point of praising Ryan Nelson to the hilt. He was a one man wall of impenetrableness against anything and everything that came in to the near post. We were getting plenty of possession and we were putting plenty into the box (Anita and Gutierrez put 14 and 13 crosses in respectively). Cisse was getting in the middle and wasting chances when he did.

We probably wouldn't have won in that case because Shola is a hulking, Eric Pickles of a man who can only be effective for half an hour against a ragged defence that haven't stopped running all game.

Pardew has had nought but abuse on here all season long for being low on ideas and failing to make the changes that win games. He's made a good change over the weekend that has won the game and got stick for making the change.

For all the moaning of Cisse being out wide all game, he was right in the centre when he spurned the best chance of the game from 6 yards and then a header from 6 yards too.

Talk about rose tinted glasses :lol:

He picked a team, it didnt work.

He made two subs, it didnt work.

He finally included a player that most fans had been wanting on the pitch at the start of the game. Guess what, it worked. :lol:

Sorry like, he gets no credit for that.

What probably pisses most of the boo'ers off is that had he played Marveaux from the start, against piss poor opposition lets remember, then we would more than likely would have had the game won by half time.

Instead he once again hauled off Cisse, who is getting played out of position, and is week by week stripping the lad of any confidence he has left.

I know there was booing, I'm the one who raised the issue in this thread you helmet. My point was how mint it was to see those boos rammed back down peoples throats, whatever your interpretation of the reasons behind it.

Certainly around me all the shouts that went up were "Fucking Shola?!" or "Fucking hell Pardew!" or variations on that. When Shola scored several of us made a point of laughing in the faces of the lads that said it.

I was as frustrated as anyone when I came out for the second half and no changes had been made, I said to the lad I sit next to "Pardew will probably wait till the 80th minute like he always does"....but he didn't, he gave the starting 11 another 15 minutes to see if his team talk inspired an improvement and then changed it for the remaining third of the game, and had made all his changes with 20 minutes to play, a dangerous tactic with a couple of players finishing the game on bookings, and an increasingly injury prone squad.

If it didn't work then he should get stick...and he has all season. As it did work though, it deserves credit. Not a petulant "should have been done sooner!" to justify yourself booing the lads.

MOTD also made a point of praising Ryan Nelson to the hilt. He was a one man wall of impenetrableness against anything and everything that came in to the near post. We were getting plenty of possession and we were putting plenty into the box (Anita and Gutierrez put 14 and 13 crosses in respectively). Cisse was getting in the middle and wasting chances when he did.

Fair enough, we made Nelson look better than he is by once again failing to beat the first man with 50% of every ball into the box however

Almost seamless how you've flipped from Shane being the solution to all NUFCs woes to Marveaux.

Your missing the point.

The solution is attacking creative players not seriously out of form players (Jonas) or more defensive players (perch).

Not a fact Ive checked but Marveaux and Ferguson probably have 3 assists each, more than any other players.

I'm sure if you do one of your little charts with time on the pitch x assists / by who knows what..... It will all become clear to you ;)

Your missing the point.

The solution is attacking creative players not seriously out of form players (Jonas) or more defensive players (perch).

Not a fact Ive checked but Marveaux and Ferguson probably have 3 assists each, more than any other players.

I'm sure if you do one of your little charts with time on the pitch x assists / by who knows what..... It will all become clear to you ;)

I thought it was the worst I've seen Jonas play.

I'm just not a knee-jerk arsehole who thinks one of our longest serving, most reliable players and stand in captain is finished because of a few lethargic performances, after three 40 game seasons on the bounce with a world cup in between.

Similarly, I'm not gonna start sucking Marveaux's cock like I'm Stevie and he's Weldy off the back of a few assists. He might prove to have the ability, however judging by his reaction to the most tension releasing goal we've seen at SJP for some time, I fear it's his attitude keeping him out of the team.

Top post. Couldn't agree more. I thought the subs were a bit shit at the time but I didn't boo and was delighted to be proved wrong. Some people still can't admit they were by the looks of it.

Unbelievable stupidity CT, it was Shola who scored and he had all the work to do. I'm delighted Marveaux had a role to play in the goal but it was a simple pass made by Santon's run and Shola's movement. Over-playing his role in the goal to denigrate Pardew's management is about the clearest example I've seen of why people don't take you seriously.

I really can't believe anyone would praise Pardews bringing on as Shola as some sort of inspired substitution. We all know that Shola is fucking hopeless except for an odd moment of magic (usually against the makems). You can't bring him on expecting him to change a game because 90% of the time he looks like football is something entirely new to him. How many decent (not good just decent) games has he ever had for us in the last 12 years?

Bringing him on was a sign of desperation because things were anything but working. Yes we weren't being threatened in the slightest but despite being camped in their half, Green was having one of the easiest games of his career. The reason there were the boos, I believe, is exactly what J69 says. People were pissed off that we had last seasons top scorer playing out of position (he really can't play there especially with only that clown Simpson to assist him on that side of the pitch). Pardew said the other day that Cisse and Ba could definitely play together yet he continued to try and force something that we just don't have the players to make work. If he wanted to change things (which of course he did and certainly should have) he could have just put our far more reliable striker up top rather than bringing on a man who's stole our money for over a decade.

On this occasion he got very lucky end of story. Given how things have been going for us this season that was probably a lot more important than being good at the moment but we do need to kick on from lucky and start getting good or else we will be firmly in the shit!

They were right to praise the performance of Nelson but fuck me the quality of ball we put into the box was nothing short of embarrassing. We all know crossing isn't Jonas's strong point which is why he needs to start beating his man and getting into the box so that he can pass it in rather than floating aimless balls in that even if they are won, no striker is going to be able to do anything with.

I'm actually almost surprised they bothered showing the game on MOTD. If we hadn't scored I really think they would have struggled to show anything because it was one of the most turgid excuses for a football match I've ever seen.

I really can't believe anyone would praise Pardews bringing on as Shola as some sort of inspired substitution. We all know that Shola is fucking hopeless except for an odd moment of magic (usually against the makems). You can't bring him on expecting him to change a game because 90% of the time he looks like football is something entirely new to him. How many decent (not good just decent) games has he ever had for us in the last 12 years?

Bringing him on was a sign of desperation because things were anything but working. Yes we weren't being threatened in the slightest but despite being camped in their half, Green was having one of the easiest games of his career. The reason there were the boos, I believe, is exactly what J69 says. People were pissed off that we had last seasons top scorer playing out of position (he really can't play there especially with only that clown Simpson to assist him on that side of the pitch). Pardew said the other day that Cisse and Ba could definitely play together yet he continued to try and force something that we just don't have the players to make work. If he wanted to change things (which of course he did and certainly should have) he could have just put our far more reliable striker up top rather than bringing on a man who's stole our money for over a decade.

On this occasion he got very lucky end of story. Given how things have been going for us this season that was probably a lot more important than being good at the moment but we do need to kick on from lucky and start getting good or else we will be firmly in the shit!

It wasn't a lucky win though. Anything but imo. The subs worked well (not just the goal), yet now Pardew "got lucky". Makes me think he can't really win for some people.

They were right to praise the performance of Nelson but fuck me the quality of ball we put into the box was nothing short of embarrassing. We all know crossing isn't Jonas's strong point which is why he needs to start beating his man and getting into the box so that he can pass it in rather than floating aimless balls in that even if they are won, no striker is going to be able to do anything with.

I'm actually almost surprised they bothered showing the game on MOTD. If we hadn't scored I really think they would have struggled to show anything because it was one of the most turgid excuses for a football match I've ever seen.

It happens. QPR's tactics and the weather played their part , wouldn't you agree?

It's getting back to the old idiom on here which Chez has railed against for a few years. Luck wins, incompetence loses. you can't have it both ways though.

As I don't believe in luck I have to ask why we won? We were the better team. We had the better posession, more in their third, more opportunities. We just weren't scoring from it. Ba and Cisse had both spurned a number of opportunities failing to do so much as hit the target.

As the system was working (unspectacularly), it needed a change of personell rather than wholesale reshaping the team. The ONLY strike option we have on the bench is Shola. His reputation precedes him. He is unfairly maligned. He has a wealth of experience he handles the "fishbowl" with ease. He's good at putting his foot on the ball and slowing things down, he's a more physical presence for QPR to deal with than either of the other two. He CAN play for half an hour. He did the job.

It wasn't a lucky win though. Anything but imo. The subs worked well (not just the goal), yet now Pardew "got lucky". Makes me think he can't really win for some people.

I've not been one of the people on here calling for Pardews head, far from it. But the way I see it is everyone knows how bad Shola is most of the time. How can you base a considered decision on the hope that you get one of his one or two good moments a season?

In my opinion it's luck that he just happened to turn it on at that moment. On the back of it he'll probably start on Boxing Day and have his usual mare.

It happens. QPR's tactics and the weather played their part , wouldn't you agree?

Of course, especially QPR's tactics. I was saying in the first half that it was a game where the team and (perhaps even more importantly) the crowd needed to be patient. However, that doesn't excuse our awful passing and crossing especially given the number games this season where you could level the same accusation.