Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Barton talking up Newcastle to him, good deal if it comes off. Him and hopefully Debuchy would be a big help

Yep, still desperate for a centre half though. About half of our goals conceded can be attributed directly to Williamson/Simpson atm

Pardew saying we're only going to sign one player. Fucking criminal if true. I can't believe they'd stick with Simpson for the rest of the season.....

I think Ashley's logic (whilst not agreeing with it) is thus: Simpson can do a job and he's leaving in the summer so we'll sign his replacement then. I would be more inclined to let him move on a free in January if we could get a replacement in though.

I think Ashley's logic (whilst not agreeing with it) is thus: Simpson can do a job and he's leaving in the summer so we'll sign his replacement then. I would be more inclined to let him move on a free in January if we could get a replacement in though.

He's reportedly 'only' on £12,500 pw so moving him on wouldn't be a massive saving.

He's certainly not worth more than the £25k pw we've offered him but he probably well get more elsewhere.

He can do a job if that means fucking every decent crossing opportunity and letting the oppo have a free run at goal. I agree with you Alex, we'd improve the team at a stroke with any half decent signing. He's not a purple, he's really quite shit.....

He can do a job if that means fucking every decent crossing opportunity and letting the oppo have a free run at goal. I agree with you Alex, we'd improve the team at a stroke with any half decent signing. He's not a purple, he's really quite shit.....

I couldn't agree more with this. The fact we've been saying this for three years and still haven't addressed it is quite frightening.

Hopefully this is already what you class as a 'done' deal and it just waiting to be announced. If we signed him and kept Ba I'd be ecstatic, yet if we signed him and lost Ba we still may end up better as a team as this might allow Cisse to play centrally again whilst him and Ben Arfa are both allowed to roam around him. Either situation sounds good to me at the moment.

Plus this might also mean we're moving forward as a club and that weren't not left in the lurch like we were with Carroll, if there's any hit that a player is moving on let's bring his replacement in first. Then that can either show ambition to other players that we mean business and the other player might also re-consider their decision, or if not we don't have an unhappy player on our books and we've already got a replacement in.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-agree-10m-loic-remy-1498940

Toon Rem-edy: Newcastle agree £10m Remy deal.. as Ba prepares to leave

20 Dec 2012 22:30

Marseille striker is poised to move in January after club beat off interest from West Ham, Tottenham and QPR

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has agreed a £10m deal for Loic Remy - paving the way for Demba Ba to leave next month.

Marseille striker Remy, 25, is poised to move in January in a deal which could involve Sylvain Marveaux going the other way.

It will be a major coup for Pardew and Newcastle as they have beaten off interest from West Ham, QPR and Tottenham to get Remy.

Marseille have decided to cash in this January rather than allow France international Remy to run down his contract as he was valued at £20m last summer when Spurs enquired.

But Newcastle have moved in because they are set to lose Ba who has a £7m contract buy-out clause, with Arsenal among the interested clubs.

Newcastle have moved to renegotiate Ba’s contract and remove the buy-out but with no success so the stand-off has pushed them into bracing themselves to lose him in January.

But there is also a deeper underlying problem in the strike force which Pardew believes his January merry-go-round could solve.

Ba was outspoken again this week in an outburst about style of play and his teammates, which is understood to have upset some of the squad.

Ba and his Senegalese international team mate Papiss Cisse have struggled to play together this season and that breakdown is a major factor in recent disappointing results.

Cisse was a sensation when he arrived last season with 13 goals, including the Goal of the Season in a victory at Chelsea.

But even Match of the Day pundit and Newcastle legend Alan Shearer has highlighted the fact that they do not appear to be passing to each other.

Even though they play together for club and country, the partnership has not worked. Ba played wide for much of last season while he has switched inside this term only for Cisse’s goals to dry up.

Pardew now faces having to sell Ba because of his contract but Remy coming in provides the perfect solution.

Pardew hopes Remy will give Newcastle a much needed lift as his pace and goals have made him one of Europe’s most sought after strikers.

If Ba goes, he will be a big loss. Very few forwards have the same knack for scoring that he has. Have only seen very little of Remy. I'd say that Ashley will be less than reluctant to do the deal because Remy is younger, doesn't have the same injury cloud, and will be on lesser wages.

If Ba goes, he will be a big loss. Very few forwards have the same knack for scoring that he has. Have only seen very little of Remy. I'd say that Ashley will be less than reluctant to do the deal because Remy is younger, doesn't have the same injury cloud, and will be on lesser wages.

Not sure about that like, i know during his medical for Marsielle they found he had a heart defect, but they said it shouldn't become an obstacle to his footballing career.

But anyway, i said to a lad at work, if we got Remy, it wouldn't be so hard losing Ba in my eyes because Remy is quite good out of the left, and Cisse can take his place back in the middle and hopefully score. And signing another Frechman could only do us good in terms of keeping Cabaye happy and Ben Arfa, and hopefully it persuades Debuchy to join aswell.

The positive out of signing Remy I believe is that he often plays out wide which would mean Cisse can sit in that central position permanently.

The club have made it clear in the past that when players don't sign contracts they get sold.. We've been here before with ex players and it was all doom and gloom when they left but the club brought in better quality and I have faith that will happen again.

Apparently Marveaux is going the other way as part of the deal?? In my opinion I'd take that as I don't think his injury problems are fully behind him and I don't think he is as good as some people are making (up) out on here.

Not sure about that like, i know during his medical for Marsielle they found he had a heart defect, but they said it shouldn't become an obstacle to his footballing career.

I perfored a 5 second cover my butt google before I posted, and subsequently shoved in the word 'same' as a covert coverall caveat. Would normally have looked into it in greater detail, but was on my way somewhere.

A Remy and Debuchy par deux would be encouraging. If it's a stagnant window it will only hurt the performance of our existing players.