Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

So essentially it's Ba and Marveaux out and Remy in. Good player but Marveaux is one of the few players we can bring on in a game. Whichever way you look at it this weakens the squad

Ba and Marveaux were free transfers so their wages are exorbitant. This will reduce the wage bill. Who gives a fuck what happens on the field, as long as the accounts keep getting better?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so long as we're freeing up the wages to sign Debuchy i'm not bothered about Marveaux going.

From the sounds of it, Ba is burning his bridges with the team so given our precarious position it needs to be sorted out. Evidently the club see bringing in Remy as the solution and hoping Cisse gets his arse into gear.

I've always said Ba is planting little seeds, either from his own mouth, or through his brothers. He is obviously pushing for a move, but at the same time trying to look loyal to Newcastle. By basically saying Arsenal is a dream, and the style of football they play is a dream, is already just about the beginning of burning those bridges. I'd much rather the team stayed happy, and if he is causing bother which is affecting the team then goodbye to him.

I'd much rather have Remy come in and play on the left, put Cisse back in the middle, and i can see him scoring like he used to. Bringing in a French national can but only help keep the morale up for the likes of HBA, Cabaye and our other French speaking players. And i'd like to think it can give Debuchy that urge he needs to join Newcastle. And then i wouldn't complain if we got Douglas in aswell. Would be a happy window for me if those 3 happened.

Edited by henda11

Getting this lad, debuchy and Douglas on and losing Ba would be a decent window by recent standards. We'd still be short up front but might mean we're forced to play 433, which could be a good thing.

I honestly think most of us are being too presumptuous. More than half of us thought he was gone in the summer as well. Let's wait for it to happen before jumping the gun.

I have a feeling he'll stay for a few reasons:-

1. If he moves, he will try to make a step up. If he makes the step up, how much first team action will he get? Manure, Citeh, Tottenham don't need him. That leaves us with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea. Don't think Arsenal will take a punt on a player with supposedly weak knees nearing 28 who will cost far more than 7 million with the agent fees. Chelsea need a new striker but they'll probably get a more high profile striker than Ba( Falcao, Negredo, etc.) . Liverpool maybe, but will that be a step up? He also probably won't get first team football at Chelsea, Arsenal(if Giroud starts firing).

2. Exorbitant wages he'll be asking for at new club (around 90 k). How many clubs will be ready to spend that amount? Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham maybe. Arsenal? Not too sure. Citeh don't need him, neither do Man United.

3. He has stated time and time again that he enjoys life at Newcastle, and even though we've heard that before from several players only for them to slap in a transfer request the next day, I truly believe that Ba does like it here especially given the fact that he is banging them in.

4. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The likes of Torres, Carroll left for pastures greener recently, but struggled to make much of an impact. If I was Ba, I definitely wouldn't want to take a risk with a transfer, given that he probably is in the form of his life.

Having said that I could be completely wrong, but there has been so much b0llocks written about so many players in recent times, that I'd only believe it when it happens.

Don't think anyone is assuming he's anywhere near a done deal, just offering their opinion on him IF he were to come under differing circumstances.

I'm not holding my breath like. Been here many times.

Agreed. Days of getting over-excited about possible transfers are beyond me now, I'll start acting like a child at Xmas when I see the new signing (if he's any good) holding a black and white shirt up in a PR shot at Benton/SJP. We're always involved in a laughable amount of speculation/rumours when it comes to transfers, naturally only a minimal amount of it actually comes to fruition. That and you get the odd pleasant surprise like Cisse last January.

Similarly it's not worth getting angered by outgoings till the deal is done.

Agreed. Days of getting over-excited about possible transfers are beyond me now, I'll start acting like a child at Xmas when I see the new signing (if he's any good) holding a black and white shirt up in a PR shot at Benton/SJP. We're always involved in a laughable amount of speculation/rumours when it comes to transfers, naturally only a minimal amount of it actually comes to fruition. That and you get the odd pleasant surprise like Cisse last January.

Similarly it's not worth getting angered by outgoings till the deal is done.

:lol: Post of the year. When did you EVER get excited about possible transfers :lol:

If we got Remy and lost Ba then I wouldn't be so unhappy. As much as I like Ba for his very active role he takes as a striker and as much he seems like a good guy, unfortunately I think his agents do a lot of damage the harmony of the club. It's funny how the biggest Wheeler Dealer 'Arry revealed the Ba Clause as a possible favour or backhander from an agent. The reason why he hasn't moved is cause his agents want too much money and let's not forget Ba does have a say in his future.

If we got someone like Remy followed by Debuchy then it would be a great window. Topped off with Sahko. It's pie in the sky though. One thing we lack is that player who loves getting to the by line for a cross and constantly providing crosses. A forward 3 of Remy, Cisse and Ben Arfa would be very difficult for any team to handle. It would cause a lot of problems.

Ba - needs to sign now or go. If he really wants to stay, he needs the show it by signing

My favorite quote so far:

" There will probably be some movement in this window, we are in the market as a few other clubs will be as well Im sure"

:lol::lol:

The oracle of delphi must be envious of your clairvoyance Alan, movement in a transfer window is there really?