Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

Is this guy really worth 11 million? Seems a lot of money for a player who is third choice in league 1.

It's not at all if you knew a bit about him. You need to dig deeper sometimes CT and fully evaluate the circumstances.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not at all if you knew a bit about him. You need to dig deeper sometimes CT and fully evaluate the circumstances.

Fire away!

I know he's 3rd choice this year and has started 2 league games.

I gather he was top scorer for marseille with 12 goals last year.

Im happy for you to tell me if its simply a case Marseille have bought better players or whether its just a bad season etc etc.

Is it not that he's had injury problems of late, and hasn't been able to dislodge the current first team forwards?

Two and a half years ago Marseille forked out EU 15M so they'd want to get as close to that as possible one would imagine (12M+ pounds).

Apparently it's the local paper in that area (their equivalent of the Journal. Not sure that's a good thing like!) who first broke the story of us signing HBA and were spot on about that. Not that a paper's ever been right about one deal but way off about another!

http://www.laprovence.com/actu/om-en-direct/mercato-newcastle-va-passer-a-loffensive

It basically says that but adds that the 'sum of 11m euros has been evoked in England' which could mean the figure of the actual transfer itself.

But ! The second paragraph asks whether the challenge of playing for Newcastle interests him? "Having reflected upon it for a long time with his entourage (and leaving some doubt?), Loic remy will be from now on inclined to envisage his departure. To pursue his career at Newcastle tempts him" which is very positive.

To pursue his career at Newcastle tempts him" .

Sounds like Barton and maybe HBA (they must know each other at least?) might be whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Anyone want to express an opinion as to what sort of player he actually is? Darren Bent type? Andy Carroll type? Shola type? :lol: Whats the thing about him being able to play wide as well, does that mean in midfield of further forward?

I would have to wonder what positives Barton would say to him. Fans, stadium and facilities yes but I can't see him being massively positive about Pardew and he'll certainly be negative (to say the least) about the owner/chairman!

As for what type of player he is, Christmas Tree's the man to ask there! I know little myself but from what I understand he's more than comfortable playing wide as part of an attacking three so he would suit up with Cisse and HBA. From that I would take it he's not like either Carroll or Bent and the fact that he's a French international would suggest he's nothing like Shola!

I would have to wonder what positives Barton would say to him. Fans, stadium and facilities yes but I can't see him being massively positive about Pardew and he'll certainly be negative (to say the least) about the owner/chairman!

As for what type of player he is, Christmas Tree's the man to ask there! I know little myself but from what I understand he's more than comfortable playing wide as part of an attacking three so he would suit up with Cisse and HBA. From that I would take it he's not like either Carroll or Bent and the fact that he's a French international would suggest he's nothing like Shola!

Here man, Shola is a Super Eagle!

Interestingly, Football365 has a Top 10 of transfers that clubs should avoid and guess who is number 1...

http://www.football3...argets-To-Avoid

I don't know anything about that site but I have to say that I don't think it's a particularly well thought out article on most of the players mentioned. It strikes me that whoever wrote it doesn't know a lot about any of the players on the list.

I don't know anything about that site but I have to say that I don't think it's a particularly well thought out article on most of the players mentioned. It strikes me that whoever wrote it doesn't know a lot about any of the players on the list.

It does spew a lot of shite to be fair, I just thought I would post it as it's quite a harsh opinion on our No 1 transfer target.

It does spew a lot of shite to be fair, I just thought I would post it as it's quite a harsh opinion on our No 1 transfer target.

Yeah I know it's not great like but while I don't buy into the whole 'if Car's scouted him he must be great', I am more inclined to believe we know more about someone we're looking like attempting to spend circa £10m on than whoever wrote that. I'd love us to be going for someone who I knew a lot more about and was confident would be a success but I can't say I can think of any realistic target who would improve us so I will have to back our scouts to have done their job properly.

Can anyone sum up the latest with this then?

My phone died so I've got no twitter & I'm on my lunch break, not surprised nothing has happened like & I'll probably be the same in two weeks. ;)