IPCC report on climate change for 2013 leaked early

Happy Face

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye OK :rolleyes:

Are you trying to say that deliberately misleading the public about man-made global warming in order to raise taxes isn't a conspiracy then? How does that work?

Precisely. Climate change is happenning (they stopped calling it global warming some while back :lol:) but it has little to do with man made co2. Man made co2 is tiny amounts compared to say what comes off the oceans.

The other misnoma people fall down on is that it's now an industry - once something becomes an industry (taxable means of exchange) it goes onto a different roster where science is concerned. Scientist questioning it are put in the bad room. ;)

The golden rule for science is that the grants and profits must never be threatened.

No conspiracy at work just capitalism.

The weather has been commodified and that's the end of it. No more debating allowed or profits are threatened.

Utter garbage stolen from the usual suspect internet sites.

Time and time again when it comes to science you show yourself to be wilfully ignorant in terms of process and knowledge. Yawn.

As for Toonpack, he likes his cars and guns. Scientific fact and human catastrophe isn't going to spoil it for him. As ignorant and selfish as they come.

Time and time again when it comes to science you show yourself to be wilfully ignorant in terms of process and knowledge. Yawn.

As for Toonpack, he likes his cars and guns. Scientific fact and human catastrophe isn't going to spoil it for him. As ignorant and selfish as they come.

I note when you get desperate you get personal and take a dismissive high hand which is not only lazy but casts you in a very bad light.

Yeah you're the one that chased Wolfy around these boards for 3 months. :lol: Mr Science.

For a lefty you're pretty naive.

Climate change is now an industry. Science is irrelevant.

Edited by Park Life

Are you trying to say that deliberately misleading the public about man-made global warming in order to raise taxes isn't a conspiracy then? How does that work?

It's an exaggeration not a conspiracy in my book. It's something that is there and is taken advantage of, it's not totally engineered. That makes it different IMO. If that doesn't fit with a pure definition of a conspiracy I couldn't care less.

It's an exaggeration not a conspiracy in my book. It's something that is there and is taken advantage of, it's not totally engineered. That makes it different IMO. If that doesn't fit with a pure definition of a conspiracy I couldn't care less.

Think it's moved across that magic line from conspiracy to something the majority have accepted.

Yeah you're the one that chased Wolfy around these boards for 3 months. :lol: Mr Science.

For a lefty you're pretty naive.

Climate change is now an industry. Science is irrelevant.

Healthcare is an industry you internet nuts think is a conspiracy (such as your views on hiv, for instance). I work in that industry. I am currently writing a grant application for new research. I can categorically tell you it doesn't work in the way you describe.

Whenever there's posts on scientific matters you go into wolfy mode. Why?

Healthcare is an industry you internet nuts think is a conspiracy (such as your views on hiv, for instance). I work in that industry. I am currently writing a grant application for new research. I can categorically tell you it doesn't work in the way you describe.

Whenever there's posts on scientific matters you go into wolfy mode. Why?

Yeah we get it - you're a healthcare professional a kind of scientist of sorts and all that jazz. What you actually are is a crushing bore.

You chased Wolfy around these boards for months (because you feel inadequate and lacking in alpha male needs). :lol:

You cried and and called the samaritans till LM was banned.

Yes that's you. ha ha

Edited by Park Life

Think it's moved across that magic line from conspiracy to something the majority have accepted.

The most powerful groups involved here are those with interests in the petrochemical industry. Telling that they are losing the argument despite the billions that are available to them.

As I've pointed out, your opinion has no impact on the meaning of the term.

946.png

If it's all a global conspiracy to make money, one that all governments and science and business are all in on, all the most powerful factions....then why has nothing meaningful been done to avert it (to milk the cow)?

The most powerful groups involved here are those with interests in the petrochemical industry. Telling that they are losing the argument despite the billions that are available to them.

You need to read up on the different approaches of say Bp as against Esso.

Yeah we get it - you're a healthcare professional a kind of scientist of sorts and all that jazz. What you actually are is a crushing bore.

Fair enough but tell me how someone with no knowledge of a subject can hold a valid opinion on it?

Rather be a bore than be whatever you were on the thread about kids being massacred btw.

You chased Wolfy around these boards for months (because you feel inadequate and lacking in alpha male needs). :lol:

You cried and and called the samaritans till LM was banned.

Yes that's you. ha ha

How old are you? Rattled by any chance?

Not in the slightest, wrong again. (a scientist making stuff up, say it isn't so !!!)

Human catastrophe is an accident waiting to happen. Mankind is probably the most damaging organism in the history of the planet, to himself and everything else. Actually given overpopulation, human catastrophe is well overdue.

The problem is, some (like you) think mankind has the natural ability to be wonderfull, some like me believe it doesn't. Man by nature (as evidenced the world over, with few exceptions, since we walked upright) is a thoroughly nasty piece of work and that "nasty" is bubbling along just below the surface even in the "nice" places (like the west).

Sounds horrible but it's 100% perfectly natural, "survival of the fittest". That's the golden rule, mess with/give up your advantage and someone/something fitter will come along, it's the way of the world. So not selfish, not a bit, just in tune with nature.

The problem is, some (like you) think mankind has the natural ability to be wonderfull, some like me believe it doesn't. Man by nature (as evidenced the world over, with few exceptions, since we walked upright) is a thoroughly nasty piece of work and that "nasty" is bubbling along just below the surface even in the "nice" places (like the west).

Somewhere in the middle is true but man is the only animal capable of rational thought and transcending 'nature'. It's what sets us apart. Virtually nothing about modern living is 'natural'.

Not in the slightest, wrong again. (a scientist making stuff up, say it isn't so !!!)

Human catastrophe is an accident waiting to happen. Mankind is probably the most damaging organism in the history of the planet, to himself and everything else. Actually given overpopulation, human catastrophe is well overdue.

Sounds horrible but it's 100% perfectly natural, "survival of the fittest". That's the golden rule, mess with/give up your advantage and someone/something fitter will come along, it's the way of the world. So not selfish, not a bit, just in tune with nature.

I'm sure you are aware Hitler had similar views.

Not sure what it has to do with the veracity of anthropic climate change though. To recap, I get the impression you fit the evidence to suit your views rather than the other way round. And that's a bit of a concern for someone who obviously has a particularly nihilistic point of view like yourself. Or it would be if you were in any way influential.

Somewhere in the middle is true but man is the only animal capable of rational thought and transcending 'nature'. It's what sets us apart. Virtually nothing about modern living is 'natural'.

you're mad, absolutely barking mad :D

Are aeroplanes, houses and clothes etc. 'natural' then? Do other species ponder the origins of the universe. Has any other species shaped and altered nature? Etc., etc. That's what I was getting at.