Shearer as manager

snakehips

Someone on another thread just suggested Shearer as manager.

Personally, I don't think this would work.

To be a manager, you have to be 100% dedicated to the football and your family life has to take a monumental back step. I just don't think Shearer can do this. Everyone knows his family is the main-stay in his life and I just don't think he could deprive them of his attention the required amount that's necessary to be a top manager.

Best stick to the tv work Alan.

Aye id probably agree that FS might have this in mind if he gives Souey the boot. The arguments for and against him have already been discussed, however i wouldnt be surprised if Shearer had a word with Mike Newell and had a ' 'arry & Jim' kind of partnership. Newell has done a good job with all the clubs he's been at. I was impressed with him when he managed Hartlepool and he's gone on from there to be a success with Luton.

Mourinho recently said that he would walk away from Chelsea if his family wasn't settled. He reckoned his kids came first, then his missus and then Chelsea.

I'd suggest Shearer would be the same and if he did become manager, I wouldn't mind him being as successful as Jose has...

Aye id probably agree that FS might have this in mind if he gives Souey the boot. The arguments for and against him have already been discussed, however i wouldnt be surprised if Shearer had a word with Mike Newell and had a ' 'arry & Jim' kind of partnership. Newell has done a good job with all the clubs he's been at. I was impressed with him when he managed Hartlepool and he's gone on from there to be a success with Luton.

76350[/snapback]

What was it that impressed you about his time at Hartlepool?

Hartlepool fans werent impressed and neither were the towns landlords

76350[/snapback]

What was it that impressed you about his time at Hartlepool?

Hartlepool fans werent impressed and neither were the towns landlords

76353[/snapback]

Mike Newell is quote unquote "a fucken twat"

Mourinho recently said that he would walk away from Chelsea if his family wasn't settled. He reckoned his kids came first, then his missus and then Chelsea.

I'd suggest Shearer would be the same and if he did become manager, I wouldn't mind him being as successful as Jose has...

76351[/snapback]

ha ha, not a chance.

76351[/snapback]

ha ha, not a chance.

76780[/snapback]

You really don't like him, do you? :rolleyes:

Gut feeling is that Shearer thinks he's more important than the club, he went a long way to proving that in his dispute with Gullit.

On the other hand, if he's able to attract good players to the club then he'd have a chance, comes down to whether his ego gets in the way, as it does with Souness.

Big gamble imo. Would rather not see it happen, I think he's been holding the club back for the last 2 years and the club needs to start afresh.

Luton looked good against the benefits cheats on satdee. Not met a Poolie who has a good word to say about Newell mind. Think he was too fond of the drink and ladies?

76783[/snapback]

and the odd punch up down the town too

Well when Chris Turner left, pools were flying in the 3rd division. Bringing a new manager in could have upset the cart, however Newell came in and maintained the run getting them promotion. There are a lot of stories surrounding his behaviour whilst at the club but its all hearsay. No-one at the club has ever come out to say what actually happened.

Well when Chris Turner left, pools were flying in the 3rd division. Bringing a new manager in could have upset the cart, however Newell came in and maintained the run getting them promotion. There are a lot of stories surrounding his behaviour whilst at the club but its all hearsay. No-one at the club has ever come out to say what actually happened.

77418[/snapback]

i saw him myself getting thrown out of one place and mouthing aload of abuse at people...... Pools we're running away with the league then Newell came in, fell out with half the playing staff and they just ended up scraping promotion

Same with what's happening now, although Boyd is injured him and Scott cannot stand each other