Steve Wraith

Ally

Who is Steve Wraith?

Keeps coming up on my Twitter feed and seems to give it the big I am. His name rings a bell but can't think where from? (Ps I live in Leeds these days so he could well be some Look North character)

He's actually a really decent bloke, gets a lot of bad press from other fans. Not sure why really, he is a promoter and promotes things, that is his livlihood, due to being known he seems to be interviewed a fair bit, not sure why people have a go at him for that.

He is a huge fan of the club, he isn't too keen on the Ashley regime. Like most fans then.

Edited by GeordieMark

He's actually a really decent bloke, gets a lot of bad press from other fans. Not sure why really, he is a promoter and promotes things, that is his livlihood, due to being known he seems to be interviewed a fair bit, not sure why people have a go at him for that.

He is a huge fan of the club, he isn't too keen on the Ashley regime. Like most fans then.

Welcome to Toontastic Steve ;)

One of the lads in the bar was talking about him yesterday actually and said he used to go to the match with 'KRAYS' on the back of his shirt . Is that true ?

He has done books or dvd's about the krays, not sure if he ever knew them mind.

One of the lads in the bar was talking about him yesterday actually and said he used to go to the match with 'KRAYS' on the back of his shirt . Is that true ?

He used to visit the Krays in jail, then he wrote a book about them called the geordie connection, mainly about him visiting them in jail. Obviously he was a bouncer too, but we've all done daft things. He used to play for a team in the same Sunday League as me, and he kicked me off the pitch a few times, when I was 19, and about 12st wet through, but we can all be wanks when we're young. I think in terms of twitter he comes across really well, he's 40 now and seems content with himself.

He used to play for a team in the same Sunday League as me, and he kicked me off the pitch a few times, when I was 19, and about 12st wet through,

Like I said above*, class bloke ;-) haha!

Edited by GeordieMark

He used to visit the Krays in jail, then he wrote a book about them called the geordie connection, mainly about him visiting them in jail. Obviously he was a bouncer too, but we've all done daft things. He used to play for a team in the same Sunday League as me, and he kicked me off the pitch a few times, when I was 19, and about 12st wet through, but we can all be wanks when we're young. I think in terms of twitter he comes across really well, he's 40 now and seems content with himself.

Aye, fair play to him for his entrepreneurialship like (is that a word !?)

I've heard he's a canny bloke

Does that book mention when they came up to Newcastle in the 60s and they were infamously 'frog-marched' back to central station and sent back to London? By the bloke who ran all the doors on Percy Street (where all the clubs were at the time I think), who had various other interests in Newcastle and around the country.

^ im sure ive heard that Central Station thing is meant to be myth .

I got told the story as a kid by someone who should know if its true (the bloke in question's son) but I was never sure. The story was in the journal or chronicle about a decade ago. If I told you the story of the son, you wouldn't believe that either but i know each detail of his remarkable life is true. Who knows tbh.

I don't know him personally but I wouldn't want him to speaking on my behalf about anything to do with NUFC.

Someone who has openly associated himself with convicted murderers and Class A drug dealers. He has lined his own pockets on the back of promoting a 'talk-in' with a convicted rapist.

Thats why the TV companies and local press should not be going anywhere near him for quotes etc.

I don't know him personally but I wouldn't want him to speaking on my behalf about anything to do with NUFC.

Someone who has openly associated himself with convicted murderers and Class A drug dealers. He has lined his own pockets on the back of promoting a 'talk-in' with a convicted rapist.

Thats why the TV companies and local press should not be going anywhere near him for quotes etc.

I take it you mean Tyson? Not the first and won't be the last person to make money off the back of that man and I can't say I blame him.

I used to have the same view of Wraith, that he was only interested in self promotion and was permanently getting himself on the box/ radio etc to be interviewed about NUFC. After my time with NUST however I came to realise that it wasnt him chasing the interviews but the other way round.

Basically, once media get the number of someone they can get a soundbite from they go to them relentlessly. Steve, I believe is one of those, At the same time, hes not going to turn them down, it would be daft for a promoter and aspiring actor to miss out on a chance. Same went for the bloke who ran "Independent Supporters Trust" (cant remember his name, ran pub at Four Lane Ends I think). He was never off the box, once NUST appeared though he happily passed their details on to media people and dropped out.

Steve, is a canny bloke, Im not aquainted with him as well as the likes of Ian is but Ive had a few conversations and a couple of pints over the last 2 or so years and I can see he has a passion for NUFC. More importantly hes very well connected and generally if he says something has happened/ is happening in the club you can be fairly confident its true.