Manchester United v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please feel free to provide me with proof of that in relation to the word phones

you could have said "the ability of my phone to spell."

you chose not to & said, or should have, "my phone's ability to spell."

the apostrophe you omitted was required as you were talking about your phone's (note how i've used it) ability to spell, which is a quality it possesses.

Well we are compared to Man Utd. We are not a big club anymore and thats thanks to Llambas and Ashley - but Pardew constantly highlighting "we cant compete" in the pressers doesnt help either.

Mcfaul agrees with the bit in bold Im sure.

I agree we can't compete and a large reason for that is Ashley's mismanagement of the club and inability to maximise revenues. The rest though well I don't agree. I don't think a club who last season averaged the 14th largest attendances can't be described as "wee". A club who are made to feel important by the vast media coverage are not "wee", we're significant because people care, and we have as many proper supporters in this country as anyone apart from Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. We're the biggest club North of Manchester in the UK in my eyes, we have a genuine catchment area from North Yorkshire, to Cumbria to Southern Scotland, and we're supported everywhere within that vast part of the country. We win fuck all, but we got in to a position to challenge by becoming the FIFTH RICHEST CLUB IN THE WORLD at one point, not by some Ayatollah throwing in billions. I think him calling us wee is his worst moment, the fact that he's called us "wee" suggests that he doesn't think we are to me. You wouldn't come out on telly and say Boro are wee, or West Ham are wee because it's just accepted.

I agree we can't compete and a large reason for that is Ashley's mismanagement of the club and inability to maximise revenues. The rest though well I don't agree. I don't think a club who last season averaged the 14th largest attendances can't be described as "wee". A club who are made to feel important by the vast media coverage are not "wee", we're significant because people care, and we have as many proper supporters in this country as anyone apart from Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. We're the biggest club North of Manchester in the UK in my eyes, we have a genuine catchment area from North Yorkshire, to Cumbria to Southern Scotland, and we're supported everywhere within that vast part of the country. We win fuck all, but we got in to a position to challenge by becoming the FIFTH RICHEST CLUB IN THE WORLD at one point, not by some Ayatollah throwing in billions. I think him calling us wee is his worst moment, the fact that he's called us "wee" suggests that he doesn't think we are to me. You wouldn't come out on telly and say Boro are wee, or West Ham are wee because it's just accepted.

Very true

Agree with all of that Stevie. The problem is, we are being ran like a "wee club". If you do that for long enough, eventually you become one.

Takes alot of reverse effort to get there with such a following - granted - but spend money like wigan for 10 years and you are bound to become an "also-ran" eventually.

"wee club in the North East"

What a cunt. Why has he never said that about the likes of Everton, Reading or QPR? Wee club in the NE who had FAR more fans and more trophies than his own club before the global sympathy which came with the Munich Air Disaster. I wish we still had to play them at home.

I distinctly remember him calling Benitez arrogant when he said something like "it's difficult when small clubs come here just to defend" after a Merseyside derby.

I really wish they still had to visit SJP as well.

If we get past Brighton we could get manu in the cup....

You'll notice that no one is now talking about rvp twatting Colo in the face just before he scored, or Valencia's career threatning challenge on Anita, both unpunished, or Mike Dean failing to mention the on pitch intimidation of 3 different match officials by a team manager in his match report.

Its the oldest trick in the book. Deflect criticism away from the team and manager by saying something utterly ridiculous. Ferguson has acheived a lot in football but every single one of those acheivements are tarnished by him seeking to gain an advantage over the opposistion by intimidating officials. This is partly true to one extent or another for all the trophies he's won so he's basically in part won them through bullying and cheating, yet he demands respect for this record, partly acheived by cheating. The thing is respect has to be earned, its not the right of the biggest bully in the playground to get it automatically, because if he doesn't he may make your life a misery. He doesn't get any respect from the vast majority of supporters ultimately because we fuckin well know for a fact he has zero respect the game he claims to love.

The FA are supposed to be the guardians of the game, but they have singularly completley bottled taking him on over this. They have allowed him and indeed the great manu cash generating machine to become untouchable. Its a pitiful state of affairs.

Edited by PaddockLad

If we get past Brighton we could get manu in the cup....

You'll notice that no one is now talking about rvp twatting Colo in the face just before he scored, or Valencia's career threatning challenge on Anita, both unpunished, or Mike Dean failing to mention the on pitch intimidation of 3 different match officials by a team manager in his match report.

Its the oldest trick in the book. Deflect criticism away from the team and manager by saying something utterly ridiculous. Ferguson has acheived a lot in football but every single one of those acheivements are tarnished by him seeking to gain an advantage over the opposistion by intimidating officials. This is partly true to one extent or another for all the trophies he's won so he's basically in part won them through bullying and cheating, yet he demands respect for this record, partly acheived by cheating. The thing is respect has to be earned, its not the right of the biggest bully in the playground to get it automatically, because if he doesn't he may make your life a misery. He doesn't get any respect from the vast majority of supporters ultimately because we fuckin well know for a fact he has zero respect the game he claims to love.

The FA are supposed to be the guardians of the game, but they have singularly completley bottled taking him on over this. They have allowed him and indeed the great manu cash generating machine to become untouchable. Its a pitiful state of affairs.

Cracking post.

Nailed it.

Indeed.

We calling for a new manager yet, or is this just the time we've allotted for championing fringe wingers? I do so enjoy the random throwing of CT's considerable girth behind a reserve player. It makes him seem so in the know. I mean sure none of his predictions come to fruition, but its the gusto that matters, right?