Aeris in fairness wasn't doing what LBT was in this thread, and like i've said many many times they're not the same person so knock that line of shite on the head ffs.

an admin who deserves my love <3 ok, thats it for me this year. signing off to get pissed.

Edited by Aeris

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just before everton gubbed newcastle last season, alan pardew stated , "Forget about Everton and Aston Villa, we have put ourselves in a similar position to Arsenal,"

well, theyre certainly on another level to Everton now.......!

Hi Salty/LBT.

Must try harder.

Aeris in fairness wasn't doing what LBT was in this thread, and like i've said many many times they're not the same person so knock that line of shite on the head ffs.

Really? She's constantly having a dig imo. One thing that makes this board so special is the moderators tolerance. Fair play, to an extent, I'd be automatically banned from RAWK for the same shit though. Which, as a scandinavian, she should go on anyway.

Whats with the aeris hate? never understood why a difference of opinion on team setup or mentality is grounds for 'wind up and ban'

Knows bugger all about football, follows LBT around like a 13 year old Bieber fan. Only purpose on here seems to be to wind everyone up.

There is a difference to a different opinion and just being a knob. There are plenty of people who aren't happy on here but they don't piss off the majority like she does.

Disappointed today. We just fell apart in the 2nd half, never mind the last 10mins.

For me, Cisse & Ba can't play together without Ben Arfa & Cabaye; and even then I'm not convinced. Cisse's becoming a bit Asprilla-like for me (without the antics). By that I mean, he's upset the balance up front. Mind you, we have bigger problems defensively and in midfield - which is detracting from the goals we are scoring.

I can't believe we've scored 6 in the last two games (away to OT & Emirates) and we have fuck all to show for it. For once, we can't blame a poor run of form on an inability to score goals. We're creating chances too, just not showing enough strength to keep people out.

I hope to fuck we buy some players, whilst we have bought plenty of 'prospects for the future'; our first choice team picks itself - and we have no tangible backup. The prospects are exactly that - prospects and aren't ready yet. We're clearly suffering because of injuries, but it's highlighted the obvious problem we all saw when we didn't strengthen in the summer.

I worked out what I thought we could get from our remaining 19 (18 now) games with my Dad yesterday and I reckon we'll finish 13th / 14th. According to my Dad, I picked many of those results with my heart and not my head. If that's true, we're fucked.

In all seriousness, obviously hysteria is easy after such a result; the most important thing, as far as I’m concerned, is Pardew keeps his nerve & reflects on his substitutions. Without the changes we would probably have lost anyway, but going so gung-ho caused the late collapse. This must never happen again; otherwise I may start to wonder about his judgement. While at any ordinary club, such a result would be seen as reason to sign players to strengthen the team, we are far from an ordinary club; although, in the midst of that defensive carnage, we scored 2 truly excellent goals in the second period. In December 2000: Arsenal 5 Newcastle 0 - a far worse battering than today. In 76//77 we let in 7 at Man Utd & 5 at Arse, but finished 5th, so don't despair!!

Fundamentally, all that matters now is we beat Everton. That will not happen unless Pardew keeps his job & his temper & the team step up. The manager knows what he has to do is pick the players up, put the obvious faults right & hope for some good luck; that happens, we're fine. If it doesn't & he panics or has the rug pulled from under him in any way, we're screwed.

I reckon there is more to the substitutions than meets the eye (ie injury / perceived tiredness).

Tiote and Bigi's dominance in that deeper area meant Arsenal's attacking threat was limited to the wide areas. Once Bigi came off, that all changed.

Guys

I've not been on here for a while as I was having a rest and busy with Christmas, work and a project I have been working on.

Today though has driven me to come on here.

I am concrened, very concerened. We need a CB and fucking quick. Perch has had a new arsehole ripped open today and not helped one bit by the shocking display by the midfield. Tiote, WTF was he doing today, he was fucking pump. Simpson, well, he is far too busy pumping that fucking skank from Xfactor. Get rid and ASAP.

Marveaux and Ba were the only people who really showed up for us today.

Sort it out Pardew or we are fucking down.

I am disgraced with the team, bar 3 of them. Only Cisse, Ba & Marveaux came over to applaud the away support, the rest fucked off down the tunnel. Pricks.

Poor form, and it's not much of an excuse given what they're paid, but I imagine they were gutted and just wanted to get out of there.

Extremely tired legs killed us at the end, they can be proud of our last 2 performances (aside from that last 20 minutes) like Happy Face mentioned earlier putting 6 past Man Utd and Arsenal away from home in 2 games 3 days apart is a plus. The defensive side is very worrying but this is something Pardew has always struggled with at us, pace. Walcott decimates us nigh on everytime he's played us under Pardew as our tactics really struggle with pace, I cringed when I saw Walcott playing up front as the little prick is too quick. Santon was dreadful defensively today, Tiote looked weak and Colo again struggled. Perch isn't a CB tbh he does ok in midfield with a back 4 behind him the same as Ryan Taylor does okay on the right side of midfield, neither are good enough to be in the last line.

Ba is fantastic, I'll be gutted if we lose the bloke as his attitude on the field and goal scoring ability is immense. Marveaux was also superb, he looks so assured on the ball, Bigi looked much calmer and assured than Tiote and Obertan put in a decent shift. There are positives from this, I said to a lad that the 7-3 scoreline is embarrassing and tbh doesn't reflect our performance overall.

Also will add I'm glad we're finally rid of that LBT prick, the blokes a total heed the ball.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Tim Vickery said he had heard Colo wants to move back to Argentina the other night (think Vickery said he had heard this from Colo's dad). He hasn't seemed at all like himself lately.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Tim Vickery said he had heard Colo wants to move back to Argentina the other night (think Vickery said he had heard this from Colo's dad). He hasn't seemed at all like himself lately.

Would be a disaster if he left, as poor as he's been recently he's still the best defender we have by a mile. It would explain his recent poor run like you say mind.

If Colo was to go we'd be completely stuffed, as it is James Perch as a starting centre back is testament to our current dire position. I'd father Ramage. The worst part is we were all aware of it, but the club failed to act during the window.

This has been exacerbated by Tiote's self conversion to an attacking midfielder, leaving our extremely soft underbelly exposed. It was a complete shambles at the end, not sure whether it was fitness, effort, attitude or a combination that lead to it. Perhaps it was just a lack of cohesion and team work.

Watching our defense is like remembering that time in high school when I walked into a party, saw a group of like five or so incredibly attractive women in the middle of the room, and then, trying to look like a somewhat interesting person, forgot to use my eyeballs to scan my surroundings while I walked. I tripped over a chair and pulled down a lamp, which broke. I can still hear them laughing at me.

We need some legitimate defenders like yesterday. It's almost more frustrating somehow to see us threaten offensively with a fair bit of consistency while knowing that, short of netting five, we're quite possibly looking at 1 point at best.

I suppose I'd rather see us fighting for the win before failing to seize it, rather than getting blanked and blown out from the opening kick, I suppose. (Yeah, I know...that's reaching.)