well yeah - both teams had defensive lapses that led to the two goals, but especially towards the end of the first half we definitely looked like the more dangerous intent side. They were struggling to move around with any kind of patience and organisation and resorted to a few counter hits on the break, only one of which led to anything. Whereas we had more than a couple of well built up plays that whilst didnt result in any more goals, showed a lot more discipline than we have for a while - going forward at least, the back was still a shambles! :(

I've watched MOTD 4 times today and that's really not how it was, as much as I'd like it to be.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So banshee is the Oslo 2?.....or have I got all that wrong too?....

No you're wrong.

Banshee is someone who loves the club and is sickened by the way things have gone after last season.

I'm 57 years old and sickened that, despite huge amounts of money and incredible support, we've won nowt.

Don't attempt to be more clever than you are.

Wait wait wait

4 times?

Yeah, there's a modern medium whereby you can record television programmes and view them again.

I watched our match, a few times, to attempt to work out what happened instead of just spouting off.

Watching the game live doesn't always give an honest impression as you're too wound up at the time.

Yeah, there's a modern medium whereby you can record television programmes and view them again.

I watched our match, a few times, to attempt to work out what happened instead of just spouting off.

Watching the game live doesn't always give an honest impression as you're too wound up at the time.

True that like. Not about the recording smart arse ;) but someone's I'd get back from the match and see a completely different game on MOTD. You could watch it several times and see different things.

Me? I didn't even watch MOTD once ;)

True that like. Not about the recording smart arse ;) but someone's I'd get back from the match and see a completely different game on MOTD. You could watch it several times and see different things.

Me? I didn't even watch MOTD once ;)

Yes, I'm a smart arse but that doesn't make me a bad person. (That's all the other things.)

Seriously though, I was particularly watching how Colo was organising the defence on the 3rd and 4th occasions.

Not a pretty sight tbh, he was spinning like a top for most of the game.

The way both our fullbacks were constantly caught out of position was the biggest issue from the game I watched.

Without Jonas or Hatem neither side had the additional normally afforded to them.

Bigi helped as much as he could and Squidward tracked back when possible but whereas Jonas lets Santon bomb forward and then sits behind him, Squidward was often past Santon as we tried to break forward.

And no offence to Cisse but he's not a winger and with someone like Simpson as your RB, they need all the help they can get defensively.

Possibly the worst second half I've ever seen from a Newcastle side in all my time supporting the club.

Nevermind the fact we bossed them in the first, that was absolutely appalling. Entire team needs to feel ashamed of themselves because we just rolled over and conceded some shitty, shitty goals.

Possibly the worst second half I've ever seen from a Newcastle side in all my time supporting the club.

Nevermind the fact we bossed them in the first, that was absolutely appalling. Entire team needs to feel ashamed of themselves because we just rolled over and conceded some shitty, shitty goals.

We came from behind twice in the second half and only capitulated in the 85th minute.

Some OTT reactions to a fresh arsenal taking advantage of our tiredness very late on.

We came from behind twice in the second half and only capitulated in the 85th minute.

Some OTT reactions to a fresh arsenal taking advantage of our tiredness very late on.

Especially given that, at 4-3, Pardew "went for it" and gambled on attacking ability to win the day over defensive strength. He did the very thing CT (amongst others) have been lambasting him for not trying. He threw the dice and hoped our attacking players would be able to hold and use the ball better.

Everton is important, but a point would be ok. We should field a younger side against Brighton and really gun for it against Norwich, Reading and Villa. 8 points from the next 4 games would be a realistic aim, imo.