Take away the last 20 mins last night, did we play as well as we did v manu?...

Add in the last 20 mins, why did no other away team in the prem yesterday seemingly run out of gas and give up?..especially when you had a decent away point at 17 mins left on the clock..Arsenal didn't play boxing day, but all the rest bar West Ham did. Squad size?...or did playing v two of the most potent forward lines in Europe in 3 days eventually just take its toll? Both?

What the fuck has happened to Tiote? Last seasons 100% pass completion stats look like a sick joke now.

Santon is a decent footballer but a poor defender.

An Everton win on the 2nd is going to see the knives out, a cup exit to Brighton will see a few of them being thrown in the direction of Pardew, rightly or wrongly. He'll do well to survive January under those circumstances at most large-ish clubs, but second guessing how Ashley would react to things getting worse is pointless. Lack of an obvious decent other option will keep Pardew safe...for the moment.

Who the fuck is going to want join us next month in this state?....still don't think we'll go down but this season is turning out to be a huge missed oppurtunity, and could get worse before it gets better...but I think it will in the long run.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Tim Vickery said he had heard Colo wants to move back to Argentina the other night (think Vickery said he had heard this from Colo's dad). He hasn't seemed at all like himself lately.

Neither has Tiote, or Jonas, or Cisse.

Tiote is the most alarming one for me. Such a massive decline in his game overall. He's been a liability this season with his silly unnecessary fouls and horrible passing that has cost us on more than one occasion.

Other results didnt really go our way either yesterday. There are going to be a lot of bruised egos and tired legs on Wednesday. Wouldnt be surprised at all if we lose again.The key is going to be games after that in January all of which are very much winnable and with a couple of decent buys things could be on the up again. Problem of course is we cant be sure despite all the screw ups this season and the obvious strengthening needed in some positions are top brass will be moved enough to give a shite.

Wish people would stop saying we aren't going to get relegated because it makes all of this seem so eerily similar to 2008 :unsure2:

It was always going to be tough yesterday. I thought in the first half we played great and looked the better side. Lets not forget its was a hard fought game on Boxing Day while Arsenal were resting.

It was always going to be tough yesterday. I thought in the first half we played great and looked the better side. Lets not forget its was a hard fought game on Boxing Day while Arsenal were resting.

That's true but there's more to it than this. When the season never took off after a few games I thought we were just herxing. Now it looks more like discontent, greed and home sickness in the dressing room. Maybe threats. I hope there is big crowd for Everton.

Take away the last 20 mins last night, did we play as well as we did v manu?...

Add in the last 20 mins, why did no other away team in the prem yesterday seemingly run out of gas and give up?..especially when you had a decent away point at 17 mins left on the clock..Arsenal didn't play boxing day, but all the rest bar West Ham did. Squad size?...or did playing v two of the most potent forward lines in Europe in 3 days eventually just take its toll? Both?

What the fuck has happened to Tiote? Last seasons 100% pass completion stats look like a sick joke now.

Santon is a decent footballer but a poor defender.

An Everton win on the 2nd is going to see the knives out, a cup exit to Brighton will see a few of them being thrown in the direction of Pardew, rightly or wrongly. He'll do well to survive January under those circumstances at most large-ish clubs, but second guessing how Ashley would react to things getting worse is pointless. Lack of an obvious decent other option will keep Pardew safe...for the moment.

Who the fuck is going to want join us next month in this state?....still don't think we'll go down but this season is turning out to be a huge missed oppurtunity, and could get worse before it gets better...but I think it will in the long run.

Both I think. Was still disappointed with the way we crumbled yesterday though. Could have at least retained some dignity for the fans' sake. A few players made no effort to come back and try and defend when they were running ragged in the last 20 minutes.

We've been so unfortunate with injuries as well. I do believe we have looked good the last three games but just unlucky, if someone said to me you'll go to Old Trafford and The Emirites and score three goals respectively I'd of been rubbing my hands together.

Hopefully two or three additions in January and we can really start to push on and move away from the bottom half of the table, hopefully a CB and a RB.

Edited by 2bias

We've been so unfortunate with injuries as well. I do believe we have looked good the last three games but just unlucky, if someone said to me you'll go to Old Trafford and The Emirites and score three goals respectively I'd of been rubbing my hands together.

Hopefully two or three additions in January and we can really start to push on and move away from the bottom half of the table, hopefully a CB and a RB.

Like has been said a million times we should have foreseen this in the summer. Blame lies as much on our visionary top management as on bad luck.

Extremely tired legs killed us at the end, they can be proud of our last 2 performances

Are we all really supposed to swallow this shite about extremely tired legs, it's pathetic.

I've heard it repeated so many times I'm starting to think everyone's still pissed from Christmas.

These players have played the same amount of games as most other teams and will, no doubt, have not trained heavily in between games.

Sorry but it's a very poor excuse for the way they laid down and died last night.

Edited by Banshee

Plenty of positives to take from the first 90mins against Man U and the first 73mins against Arsenal

The rumours of colo wanting to leave are alarming though. I'm not sure where our goals are going to come from if we let Ba go and Marveaux seems to be doing the job we've asked of Jonas all season and yet he's rumoured to be off too. The next 4 weeks could have a big bearing on the next few years of this club. Keep everyone and buy a striker,LB,CB and we will be fine. History suggests that's wishful thinking however

Are we all really supposed to swallow this shite about extremely tired legs, it's pathetic.

I've heard it repeated so many times I'm starting to think everyone's still pissed from Christmas.

These players have played the same amount of games as most other teams and will, no doubt, have not trained heavily in between games.

Sorry but it's a very poor excuse for the way they laid down and died last night.

There will be some truth in it following a great display against Man U and a great display (70 minutes) against Arsenal, but the main cause of the capitulation IMO was Pardews subs and near total reorganisation of the team for the last 10-15 minutes.

Went chasing the draw and it backfired.

Still great heart has to be taken from recent displays. Personally I think the corner has been turned and we won't score six and get nowt very often.

The danger is Pardew losing his new found attacking nerve and making us more defensive again.

The back four can only be solved by transfers and hopefully we can get two descents in that area as all of them look fucking dreadful at the minute.

Gutted to get nowt but positive for the run in.

Tavernier has to come in for Simpson. Has to. Cant be any worse can he? At least he might develop into something useful for the future. Simpson is beyond hope

Edited by aimaad22

Cabaye closer to a return than HBA last I read, Cabaye possibly early than anticipated (which to me means he might be back on time which is still a month away). Worrying that Ben Arfa is still that far away. I don't think there is a date on either Jonas or Anita yet though I could be wrong. Hopefully they'll both be available before Cabaye.

What killed us, apart from atrocious defending, was the change in shape/tactics. Taking a midfielder off for Shola and pushing cissé further forward simple further exposed our flailing defense. I can understand pardew's thought process, however it was a bit narrow-sighted. This is supported by the fact we shipped 3 (nearly 4) since the substitution in the 82nd minute. Also would like to note Simpson was woeful. This man should be backup at best. Was simply going through the motions (struggled doing that as well) yesterday. However I don't think its all doom and gloom, there were positives to take out. It's how we react now that is key.

Football fans claiming their team is tired, have injuries & suspensions and that games in Europe affect the team is nothing new.

But suggesting that highly paid athletes can excuse such a dreadful performance is lame.

Colo looks like he's on drugs, Simpson couldn't care much less and Tiote is obviously playing for a move. No players form can drop so badly without a good reason and his passing has suddenly become woeful.

With where we finished last season we had the chance to attract decent players. What position are we in now?

If Ba goes and we expect the replacement to settle straight in then we'll be in trouble.

Ashley has been quiet for some time and I'm just waiting for his next stunt in the transfer window or his sacking of Pardew.

Chris Hughton and Fat Sam must be looking at us and struggling to keep a straight face.

Pardews substitutions, last night, were bordering on hysterical.

Edited by Banshee

I noticed on .com the other day that the on this day mentioned in in 82 I think we played Grimsby and Derby within 24 hours - I remember mild comments at the time but nothing like the shite thats spouted nowadays about 48/72/96 hours. Spolit bastards is the phrase that comes to mind - especially considering the relative squad sizes as well.

The Man Utd game would have taken it out of our players, that's the kind of game it was but regardless of this professional footballers should be able to back up 3 days later and not fade like they did. Mental application was lacking.