Favourite city

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than your home city.

I love the obvious ones Paris, Berlin, Hamburg, Las Vegas, Havana. For very different reasons. Which ones are yours?

Edinburgh, New York, and London for me. Out of your list, love Paris and Havana, dislike Berlin (a lot), not been to the others. Also love Rome, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, and I'm sure many others. worst city. Is Stoke actually a city?

Bilbao, Budapest, Cork

Got to go to a wedding in Vienna at the start of June and considering flying to Budapest and getting the train up to Vienna before flying back. Any suggestions? I was thinking about spending 3 nights / 2 full days there.

Newcastle (been twice, would love to go again), Milan (fantastic place and home to the best restaurant i've been to - Trattoria Milanese; a 100 year old family restaurant), Burgos and Madrid (pretty near to each other...ish) and Nottingham.

Aye, real lively place and very beautiful in places.

We walked along the red light district and out into one of the plazas to find some american missionary spouting shite. We were pissed so listened for a bit and he told us: "Did you guys know that aids exists because man fornicated with a sheep?" I said something about blaming the welsh then thought it best we left him alone.

Bruges is a great city too aye. Expensive, mind.

Not been to many places abroad but Amsterdam, never known a place like it, just get a buzz walking round like it's the safest place on earth

Going to Barcelona in March, heard it's bad for pick pockets but looking forward to it

Not been to many places abroad but Amsterdam, never known a place like it, just get a buzz walking round like it's the safest place on earth

Going to Barcelona in March, heard it's bad for pick pockets but looking forward to it

The Metro in Barca is probably the worst for pick pockets. The Catalans aren't even subtle when it comes to their light fingers tbh.

I think mine are pretty obvious. Rome, its just a stunning city. Milan, Ive been a few times and love the place. I have yet to see a woman that wasnt stunning in Milan like. Huge city and then on the outskirts some Vineyards that you can go to etc. Barca I always enjoy and you get a good mix of good climate and nightlife. Only been to Miami in the states and that city itself is nothing to write home about apart from driving around feeling like you are in GTA Vice City :lol: Miami Beach was ok though. Rio though I'll add. Its somewhat downtrodden but I do think its a place you should see once. Some of the food is fantastic and when you hear about the various footballers that grew up there and play on the beach as kids and then you see them all there (kids). Also went to the Maracana there to see a game (Botafogo v someone I cant recall) and while the stadium was huge, the crowd was probably 20-30k.

Barcelona and New York - the latter is helped by those damn yanks being so friendly - a different planet from European cities in that respect.

Rome is also great as there's a palpable sense of the history.

I went to San Francisco for 3 nights in November and was quite disappointed. I had heard from a lot of people how amazing it was so perhaps my expectations were too high. Would have made a good day out but by the 3rd I was bored of it....

New York is awesome though

I don't think I've got an overwhelming favourite but love different cities for different things. New York for the madness, atmosphere and iconic buildings around every corner, Sydney for the picture postcard views at the Quay and the laid-back atmosphere, Cape Town because its the most stunning place I've ever been and Manchester because it was my home for so long and being there makes me happy.