Favourite city

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I'll just add I cant stand London like. For the odd weekend, sure if Im taking wor lass to the theatre or something but as a whole I find it unfriendly and unpleasant.

Similarly like there are loads of places I'm eager to visit. Next on my list I think will be New York and then somewhere like Calgary as I want to see a lot of Canada.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really enjoy Barcelona tbh though the fact that it pissed it down constantly for the three days that I was there probably didn't help. I also couldn't rank Las Vegas up there either, it's a massive holiday resort rather than a great city in my mind.

My favourites would have to be NY and London. I initially despised London but that's because I was working there and didn't know anyone else at all. The more time I spent there and the more I got to know people and had time to just walk around the place and get to know the city the more I enjoyed it.

NY just has a great vibe about it, again the more I've been there the better it's got. I saw return flights there in January for £286 but just about managed to resist booking a trip. Unfortunately I've got other priorities coming up.

London is too busy for me, if that makes sense. Then again I guess that goes for most of the major cities. To be honest I've never ventured out of Europe so don't have much to go on but I really liked Malaga a few years ago and part of Paris are obviously wonderful (other parts of it that I went through are dire).

Needless to say I love Newcastle and wish I lived nearer so I could visit more often (both for the place and for SJP). I like Norwich, quite a spread out area though. I'd like to live in Bristol one day. I've got Cumbrian blood but never fancied living in Carlisle, and somehow have never set foot in Liverpool or Manchester so don't have an opinion of those two.

Lincoln isn't great (there are many bigger towns, never mind cities) but I'm very attached to the place as I had the best years of my life living there so I'd have to say that too.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Last 12 months I visited, Newcastle, London, Berlin, Munich (2), Madrid (3), Barcelona, Milan (5) Rome, Bordeaux, San Sebastien, Geneva (15+), Zurich (3), Amsterdam, Brussels, Stockholm, Chicago, Detroit, New York/New Jersey. Plus a few more I've forgotten, got my platinum card for Air France for the first time this year.

I live in Paris and have over the years worked in Manhattan but my number 1 favorite city in the world is Newcastle.

I'll just add I cant stand London like. For the odd weekend, sure if Im taking wor lass to the theatre or something but as a whole I find it unfriendly and unpleasant.

Similarly like there are loads of places I'm eager to visit. Next on my list I think will be New York and then somewhere like Calgary as I want to see a lot of Canada.

Snap on London. It's the world capital of snobbery and they never disappoint in a display of their skills. They're still gassing on about the Olympics even now. Most of the problems we got eminate from there.