Talking to the Enemy

Walker9009

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly not think they're a big club?

I think they have a history comparable to ours, slightly better that doesn't make them big. Their support isn't indictive of a big club, and their finance certainly isn't. There stadium is a wreck, they haven't put a title bid for 25 years, they've never played in the Champions League, the media aren't interested in them. So no. I really don't. You're not one of these idiots who believe they're "bigger" than Chelsea are you?

West Ham play in a city which has 19 league titles, 35 FA Cups, and 8 European trophies, are they better than us as well? Why would you mention Liverpool's success as relevant to Everton. The fact is they have 15 major trophies Newcastle have 11, they are seen as over achievers we are seen as under achievers. Work it out Ste.

You work it out Ste. It was you that said they compare themselves to you, they don't at all. Why would they when they play in a city that has seen so much success?

Evertons history is better than yours on quite a few levels as I've already pointed out. You said they've only won one trophy in 25 years, why would you point that out when your own club have only won one in nearly 60 years?

West Ham play in a city that has a lot of football teams, Everton play in a city that has only two teams, and if they made comparisons at all it would be against their rivals.

I think they have a history comparable to ours, slightly better that doesn't make them big. Their support isn't indictive of a big club, and their finance certainly isn't. There stadium is a wreck, they haven't put a title bid for 25 years, they've never played in the Champions League, the media aren't interested in them. So no. I really don't. You're not one of these idiots who believe they're "bigger" than Chelsea are you?

Their history on many levels is better than yours.

The media interest? FFS, since when have the media seen past Man U and any other top 4 side in any large proportion?

You go on about finance and then pick out a few years where your turnover was decent, Everton could also pick out years where they were a rich club, they even had a millionaire chairman when lots of others were run by the local butcher etc... You're also a great one for going on about your present owner, well Everton have had some of the worst since the days of Moores and Carter ended, they even had a local GP in the 90's.

I believe Everton are a big club. as to who they're bigger than is open to opinion. There are many factors to consider, trophies being the biggest one, imo. In that respect alone, Spurs and Villa are bigger than Everton and yourselves.

You work it out Ste. It was you that said they compare themselves to you, they don't at all. Why would they when they play in a city that has seen so much success?

Evertons history is better than yours on quite a few levels as I've already pointed out. You said they've only won one trophy in 25 years, why would you point that out when your own club have only won one in nearly 60 years?

West Ham play in a city that has a lot of football teams, Everton play in a city that has only two teams, and if they made comparisons at all it would be against their rivals.

I pointed it out because it shows they're not a big club. I've never said we are a big club, but they definitely aren't. The difference between us and them was highlighted by SAF comments the other day when he said Newcastle would be a world giant if their achievements matched their support.

Their history on many levels is better than yours.

The media interest? FFS, since when have the media seen past Man U and any other top 4 side in any large proportion?

You go on about finance and then pick out a few years where your turnover was decent, Everton could also pick out years where they were a rich club, they even had a millionaire chairman when lots of others were run by the local butcher etc... You're also a great one for going on about your present owner, well Everton have had some of the worst since the days of Moores and Carter ended, they even had a local GP in the 90's.

I believe Everton are a big club. as to who they're bigger than is open to opinion. There are many factors to consider, trophies being the biggest one, imo. In that respect alone, Spurs and Villa are bigger than Everton and yourselves.

They have 15 trophies we have 11, it's hardly "better on a lot of levels". Pick out a few years when our turnover was decent? Our turnover in all of the Premiership years has been far better than theirs, even when we've been utter shit on the pitch, they don't have a proper infrastructure to compete. Trophies is the biggest one for you because it paints Liverpool in the best possible light. In terms of trophies till Man Utd win 5 CL's you'll even have that over them. You believe Everton are a big club, that's fine. I don't. It's irrelevant anyway. I remember Souness saying Everton fans were everywhere in the late 70s early 80s and were better supported on Merseyside than Liverpool, I've read loads of places its definitely not the same now and this will be an even bigger handicap as the years go by. The biggest overachievers in England presently, and England historically by a mile, where on both those points we're the biggest underachievers.

Gemmill, I put it to you that my father is considerably larger in stature than yours. What say you?

Are we talking simply height or the volume of water displaced when they enter a body of water? You can't judge size on height alone, chum.

Are we talking simply height or the volume of water displaced when they enter a body of water? You can't judge size on height alone, chum.

I am unable to comment if your male parent is more rotund than mine, however I am confident that the displacement of water test would still result in my favour.

And I've been saying this for years.

They have 15 trophies we have 11, it's hardly "better on a lot of levels". Pick out a few years when our turnover was decent? Our turnover in all of the Premiership years has been far better than theirs, even when we've been utter shit on the pitch, they don't have a proper infrastructure to compete. Trophies is the biggest one for you because it paints Liverpool in the best possible light. In terms of trophies till Man Utd win 5 CL's you'll even have that over them. You believe Everton are a big club, that's fine. I don't. It's irrelevant anyway. I remember Souness saying Everton fans were everywhere in the late 70s early 80s and were better supported on Merseyside than Liverpool, I've read loads of places its definitely not the same now and this will be an even bigger handicap as the years go by. The biggest overachievers in England presently, and England historically by a mile, where on both those points we're the biggest underachievers.

You are seriously deluded. Historically Everton are better than you on, trophies won, top 3 finishes, time spent in the top tier, more years in Europe, Newcastle are better than them on, attendances, but all time only by a few thousand. Turnover, yes. Can't think of anything else, I'm sure you'll enlighten me.

Are you calling yourself a Premier League fan rather than a football fan? Football history didn't start with the PL and as you appear to want to use history as a benchmark then at least have the gumption to use it all, not just the parts that please your deluded over inflated view of Newcastle. Quoting turnover is ridiculous because no matter how big or small it is if you fail to win a trophy with it, it means nothing whatsoever. Fans using turnover is a recent thing, personally I've spent most of my football following life not knowing or caring what the club s turnover was. I just wanted to see great players on the pitch, not become a selling club, and win trophies. You appear to get your pride from seeing your clubs name in the money league.

I don't have a problem with Man U and have no need to paint Liverpool in a better light; our history does that for itself. Man U capitalised on their success far more than Liverpool ever did,which then allowed them to buy the best players at a time when English football was moving in to the big money league, good luck to them, I only wish we'd have been more commercial when we had the chance. It's become the only way to compete.

Souness may have said anything, doesn't make it true.

I believe Everton are a big club most certainly, but as I pointed out before, trophy wise, Villa and Spurs are bigger than both you and Everton.

Edited by Pacinofan

I pointed it out because it shows they're not a big club. I've never said we are a big club, but they definitely aren't. The difference between us and them was highlighted by SAF comments the other day when he said Newcastle would be a world giant if their achievements matched their support.

PMSL, you've never said that you're a big club?

Have you not learned that if the old soak speaks well of you it means you're shite, and he couldn't care less where you are in football? I cringe any time he has anything decent to say about us, because it means he doesn't see us as any threat whatsoever, even in our games against each other. I'm much more comfortable with his hate. I bet Wenger would rather have his hate than the smirking praise he's received the last few years. Since Arsenal ceased to become real contenders in fact.

PMSL, you've never said that you're a big club?

Have you not learned that if the old soak speaks well of you it means you're shite, and he couldn't care less where you are in football? I cringe any time he has anything decent to say about us, because it means he doesn't see us as any threat whatsoever, even in our games against each other. I'm much more comfortable with his hate. I bet Wenger would rather have his hate than the smirking praise he's received the last few years. Since Arsenal ceased to become real contenders in fact.

Have you not drowned in your own fathers cum yet? Were you that incessantly bullied that you must come on another clubs board just to show how big you are? Is your life so without meaning that your only pride is in the under achievement of people who do not know you exist?

I am sure there are sadder more pathetic people in the world than you but I don't know any. And we had LBT on here.

Have you not drowned in your own fathers cum yet? Were you that incessantly bullied that you must come on another clubs board just to show how big you are? Is your life so without meaning that your only pride is in the under achievement of people who do not know you exist?

I am sure there are sadder more pathetic people in the world than you but I don't know any. And we had LBT on here.

Of course there are, look in the mirror.

Your resident bigot throws factless shite around at any club and fans that aren't Newcastle, I just try to redress the balance.

Your words, though thoroughly meaningless, show that my comments irk you.

Why don't you post on a Man United board? Have Liverpool become that irrelevant that you have to post on here?

The modern interpretation of 'big club' that the game cares about is which Sheik has bought whom. Even pundits buy it these days, sad but true.

I didn't get much of a 'big club' feeling when I visited Goodison Park mind - perhaps a historic one - as it was a complete shithole - as was the surrounding area.

I post on a few other forums Tom (Man U included) usually for friendly chat though. There's loads of links on RAWK. Tbh, Man U fans are ok when you're not there to shout the odds at them, underneath it all there's a certain amount of respect for each others club.

I only really post on here for football - I don't really see the point in going elsewhere. Although I did frequent a Leeds forum before an away friendly at Elland Road and I found them to be spiteful, bitter and twisted.

I am unable to comment if your male parent is more rotund than mine, however I am confident that the displacement of water test would still result in my favour.

And I've been saying this for years.

Just clocked your avatar :nufc:

Wyning!

Well we can all, as fans, be deluded Tom, and sometimes it's good to read what other fans think of your club, players and team. It can certainly bring you down to earth. :blush2:

Sadly some clubs can do that for you FAR too easily. I'm looking at a fat entrepreneur...

I post on a few other forums Tom (Man U included) usually for friendly chat though. There's loads of links on RAWK. Tbh, Man U fans are ok when you're not there to shout the odds at them, underneath it all there's a certain amount of respect for each others club.

I know you have a thing with Stevie, (McFaul), but you give me the impression sometimes that underneath your placid seeming persona, you're quite disrespecting of us at times in your quest to answer every single thing Stevie says about Liverpool, Everton and Merseyside in general. You may respect your rivals down the East Lancs Road but in your rush to counter Stevie you don't do the same with us. That's ok, I'm not here to tell you who to like etc but what I will say that your idea that Aston Villa are a bigger club than ours is a bit much personally to take. My first away game was at Goodison Park. Everton were a big club and recent champs, I still think they're a big club but they're no bigger than us, I've seen different aspects to Everton, the good and the mediocre, similar to my club really. Anyway, it might suit my needs as a Newcastle Utd fan, but I'll simply give my take on this 'big club' shite. A club, when all is said and done, can only be as big as it's membership, as it's income. That is true of any club, whether it's a football club or a working mans club. By any measure we are a big club. If you take a calculation of recent trophy success to attendance then this can only enhance that theory. Forest and Villa both had a European cup or two in the late seventies and Eighties. Are you seriously telling me they are bigger clubs than us? Leeds fans think they're a bigger club too for a certain period of success which they never really had before or since. It just isn't true.

I respect your club's achievements, I admire how you gained success and were shrewd enough to sustain it but I certainly don't think we should ever bow down in this media obsessed World and suck up all the spin and hyperbole that SKY etc ram down our throats. How you think Stevie is a SKY fan just baffles the shit out of me by the way, for any of his faults, (which he has, like us all), he is no no soccer AM fan boy and knows his club and it's history. Shanks gave KK some advice when he was about to sign for us as a player, he praised us to the hilt as a club and said if we took off there'd be fewer bigger clubs in this country. A bit of toffee for us, maybe? Could well be, but it wasn't put out in the public domain in those days, it was a piece of fatherly advice for a young man Shanks had great respect for, (obviously reciprocated), and him alone.

I've quite a bit of time for Scousers as most I've met have been sound enough. Unfortunately I've come across a few OOT Liverpool fans who are complete sadsack, gloryhunting arseholes with no idea at all of anything that has ever happened outside of Anfield, a club they have no real connection with other than a need to bask in another city's glory. You're getting dangerously close to being in that group, mate.