Yoann Lachor

Scottish Mag

Newcastle are believed to have offered a trial to French defender Yoann Lachor.

The Lens ace is expected to spend a few days training with the Newcastle squad this week so that Magpies boss Graeme Souness can cast an eye over him.

Souness is keen to add new faces to his squad as his options have been decimated by a crippling injury list this term.

The Magpies have struggled defensively this term and Souness has made defensive reinforcements his top priority in this month's transfer window.

Lachor is thought to be keen on a move away from Lens after dropping down the pecking order at Stade Felix-Bollaert.

The 29-year-old has been linked with a move to England before with Lachor claiming in November that he had held talks with Birmingham.

However, Newcastle could be set to steal a march on their rivals and bring the defender to St James' Park if he impresses during his trial period.

Hmm, according to .cock he is there on a three day trial.

Looking at his stats from L'Equipe he hasn't been a first team regular for the last two seasons, playing just three times in the league and three times in the UEFA-Cup this year.

Now, that is really getting me excited...

Looking at his stats from L'Equipe he hasn't been a first team regular for the last two seasons, playing just three times in the league and three times in the UEFA-Cup this year.

76433[/snapback]

lens ace huh?

76433[/snapback]

lens ace huh?

76502[/snapback]

Photography's his hobby?

This move is as puzzling as the trial for this Jorman bloke (Wiblishauser) in the summer. A guy who probably would struggle playing in my pub team.

Ok, that is a bit of an exaggeration. He would fit in very well, that is if he is as good at drinking as Craig Moore.

76433[/snapback]

He fractured his leg at the start of last season, i'm not sure how long that kept him out...