Brighton V Newcastle

Christmas Tree

I for one am absolutely fucking disgusted watching this shit. Williamson is dire, sammy ameobi inventive but effectively useless, obertan pacey but lacks ANY footballing brain, shola the most immobile striker known to football, makes easy touches look difficult and tough ones easy. A fucking disgraceful performance by several players who shouldn't be playing championship football let alone a higher level.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good god... just got in to see the second half, thinking to myself we'd be putting a decent team out for the win to help with morale and chuff me, we've put the kids and reserves out, not only that but we're 1-0 down. I hate to say it but I'm starting to question Pard's judgement and after defending him in previous months that makes me feel pretty bad. Seriously, what the hell? Just as I thought we'd managed to ditch the 'laughing stock' title we're heading back again to the joke shop.

Always a pleasure seeing an opposition player with the time and space to backheel it in your own area.

This is so dire I'm past caring, seems like we've gone out without wanting to progress any further in the cup.

Even though I hate him, Ranger's at least trying. Lot more than can be said from the rest of the team.

Why mention Birmingham and the cup then? We might just pick up form, regain players and get a decent draw and things look a lot different. I've never bought the idea of not bothering with the cup, it doesn't have to be one or the other, it really doesn't.

Howay man Howmanheyman, look at the context it was used in! I mentioned Birmingham, because they won a cup and went down, their fans were over the moon with winning a cup. I've talked to some complete fuckin airheads that've said they'd be happy to go down if we won some silverware, given we havent won anything in their lifetime (and mine!) To me this is beyond idiotic, and i would think anyone who agrees that it is a stupid viewpoint would happily extrapolate it further and see the sense in focusing on the league and not worrying about the cup too much.

Hope this clears it up for you!

Here is my question: If players we've signed recently like Bigi and Anita to name a few are not capable of controlling a midfield (which I don't believe), why are we signing such players? It's the style of play then isn't it? Then if we're going to just boot the ball to our CF's, then why not sign different types of midfielders? Bigger, stronger on the ball -stay back and hoof the ball? Every bit of it seems silly to me.