Brighton V Newcastle

Christmas Tree

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We needed more but if we had signed Debuchy and a Centre Back in the summer and removed any potential criticism, the squad still wouldnt have coped.

They'd not have performed up to last years overachieving standard, however we'd not be where we are on the table contemplating a relegation battle. It should have been Debuchy, a centre back and a striker at the least. Injuries are a part of football and we're not set up to cope with them when they're affecting key personell.

If you extend CTs logic to our playing staff we should sack everyone and get in better players. I don't know who they are, but they're out there somewhere.

Hard to look at all this on an iPhone, particularly with Tom and Gemmil upto there usual tired routine.

At the start of this evening the argument against my position was that a better manager than Pardew will not come here for various reasons Tom listed.

That is quite frankly bollocks as I have quite clearly pointed out tonight.

Whether we can find one (if they want one) is a different manner, however they way they have got to grips with player recruitment suggests a similar more professional approach would be taken choosing a new manager.

As for being able to maintain a top 8 position, I think that once again they will have learnt from last summer and improve.

The one undeniable fact for me is that we should be doing a lot better than we are. I was saying all of this about the team after 10 games or less. So was Stevie and a few others. Pardew has brought a lot of this situation on himself.

Good night peeps.

That is quite frankly bollocks as I have quite clearly pointed out tonight.

:spit:

(Oh and it was Tooj who suggested that Carr might be in on the recruitment of a manager - you just ripped him off)

(Oh and it was Tooj who suggested that Carr might be in on the recruitment of a manager - you just ripped him off)

You who saying managers won't come because of our recruitment policy. We've recruited some great players over the last few years. Your talking bollocks as usual.

I've listed many factors as to why we can't attract good managers - or find good managers - you've yet to contradict any oif them - or even approach contradicting any of them. You've ignored a lot and picked your battles.

Our recruitment policy has left Pardew screwed - like it did at times last season - when we were screaming out for a centre half - we still are & have been for two seasons. The squad is threadbare & this is evidence of a good recruitment policy?

If they signed Debuchy & a centre half in August you might have an argument. It took them a year to replace Carroll for fucks sake!

And another thing numb nuts. It was me who suggested a Carr type person to help them recruit a manager at 18.41 TWO HOURS before Toojs post.

You are just constantly wrong :)

I've listed many factors as to why we can't attract good managers - or find good managers - you've yet to contradict any oif them - or even approach contradicting any of them. You've ignored a lot and picked your battles.

Our recruitment policy has left Pardew screwed - like it did at times last season - when we were screaming out for a centre half - we still are & have been for two seasons. The squad is threadbare & this is evidence of a good recruitment policy?

If they signed Debuchy & a centre half in August you might have an argument. It took them a year to replace Carroll for fucks sake!

Dim chops, there recruitment policy nearly got us in the Champions league, instead finishing 5th and in Europe.

The point is not whether it is perfect it is whether it would deter a better manager than Pardew from joining us.

I say it wouldn't, you say it would. You are wrong.

I would like to see who could do better, given the crisis that has developed this season.

I am no real Pardew fan but we have practically a first team out injured, away or banned since the first weekend, we have invested in youth but they are not there yet, (or may never be), and we have a regime that gambles on being slightly less poor than the bottom three.

Like it or not we have all had our expectations lowered rather successfully by Mr Ashley. He has turned us into Wigan.

At least the PR seems a bit better these days.

Dim chops, there recruitment policy nearly got us in the Champions league, instead finishing 5th and in Europe.

The point is not whether it is perfect it is whether it would deter a better manager than Pardew from joining us.

It's their ... Dim chops

Truth be told we needed another striker before Carroll was sold, so technically he was never replaced sincerely.

You're trying to simplify an argument so it looks like you might be winning. I give up - like you did a few pages back when multiple posters put you in your place and made you look like a fool and just as PUGATRON1000 said you come crawling back to move to the goal posts. You've made yourself look like a fool - why can't you just say when you're wrong?

You're either an idiot or a wind up merchant and whichever it is it's to an extreme.

You're trying to simplify an argument so it looks like you might be winning. I give up - like you did a few pages back when multiple posters put you in your place and made you look like a fool and just as PUGATRON1000 said you come crawling back to move to the goal posts. You've made yourself look like a fool - why can't you just say when you're wrong?

You're either an idiot or a wind up merchant and it is it's to an extreme.

He's probably both. But he's also a lovable clown sometimes. Best to just ignore him when he's in obnoxious mode.

With regard to budget, over the last few years we have brought in....

Ben Arfa, Tiote, Debuchy, Santon, Cabaye, Marveaux, Cisse, Ba, Anita and various development players.

And sold Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Enrique, ba, routledge, Guthrie, Smith, Lovenkrands, Best, Butt...

We've bought in some better players, but the experience available in the squad is thinner than it was following promotion.

Aint got a scooby doo but I know he's out there.

Eh?

Edit: Doesn't matter I hadnt read the rest of the thread yet. You got enough fires to fight. :lol:

Edited by RobH

You're trying to simplify an argument so it looks like you might be winning

It's not simplifying an argument it's breaking through the bluster to get at the points.

You think our transfer policy will deter a better manager than Pardew. I explained why I think your wrong.

You say I copied something off Tooj. I point out how you are wrong.

I think you are more interested in the idea of an argument than the individual points.

I'm sure rather than commenting on the two points above you will now slink off. ;)

And sold Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Enrique, ba, routledge, Guthrie, Smith, Lovenkrands, Best, Butt...

We've bought in some better players, but the experience available in the squad is thinner than it was following promotion.

I appreciate we are running a tighter ship with funds. Fair enough. But so long as they insist we have a strong first team but no depth we are gambling with injuries. If we have a luckyish season with injuries and are in good form (those strong players) then we could do well like last season. But if we are hit by injuries or form to key players then we'd be mid table. If we are hiy by both we're fucked, like this season so far. We need either form to change or injuries to stop to stay up (assuming depth wont change).

Seems like all of our problems and limitations for yesterday's match have been discussed in depth. I still think it was an embarrassing performance though. Too many players not looking to get back and defend after losing the ball. Sammy's just not ready, and Im not sure if he'll ever be good enough. Dont know why we even bothered with Ranger.

Anyway it was quite clear from the team and the attitude we didnt give a shite about the cup. Shame that because it seems to be happening every year. When was the last time we had a decent cup run?

From the way we played like yesterday those 3 winnable league games in January are suddenly looking a lot more formidable. Shame what this season has come down to after the heights of last season and the wonderful opportunity we had to kick on from there. Well done to Ashley & co again!

Ranger at least looked like he gave a fuck. Shola just seemed to be in a bad mood.

Santon has been poor recently, but as with Jonas, he has to play every game and has nobody pushing for his place.

Edited by Barney

There's a few Pardew Out bandwagon jumpers like, when David Blunkett could see where the true blame lies and always will lie as long as he's here. Even a good mate of mine Contrary Craig, from a pro-Ashley stance admits he was at cataclysmic fault in the summer I think only an idiot could even deny that Ashley is the fundamental problem at NUFC. Managers don't go from Manager of The Season to 6/7 months later being completely clueless. It's a pathetic assertion. He'll get things wrong like even SAF does, but he's a good manager, it's just his boss (the bloke who chose him for Pardew Out fuckwits) is the worst man in the history of Newcastle United Football Club. I would take League One football if it meant he would sell the club, that's how much I hate him. I'd love to think he reads toontastic.

There's a few Pardew Out bandwagon jumpers like, when David Blunkett could see where the true blame lies and always will lie as long as he's here. Even a good mate of mine Contrary Craig, from a pro-Ashley stance admits he was at cataclysmic fault in the summer I think only an idiot could even deny that Ashley is the fundamental problem at NUFC. Managers don't go from Manager of The Season to 6/7 months later being completely clueless. It's a pathetic assertion. He'll get things wrong like even SAF does, but he's a good manager, it's just his boss (the bloke who chose him for Pardew Out fuckwits) is the worst man in the history of Newcastle United Football Club. I would take League One football if it meant he would sell the club, that's how much I hate him. I'd love to think he reads toontastic.

Two different problems as much as some want to tie everything into just Ashley.

Ashley has his problems, gets lots wrong and didnt do enough in the summer. No argument.

However had a couple of extra players arrived to add to the excellent quality we already had (and refused to sell), then most on here would have thought that continued progress. It didnt and thats where we are with Ashley.

Pardew however very early in the season had tactics that only involved hoofing the ball to Ba or expecting miracles from Ben Arfa. He used Jonas in his defensive role regardless of the opposition and ignored Marveaux for most of the season. His substitutions are dog shit. He had no answers when all wasnt working early season.

Letting him off the hook simply because you hate Ashley more is daft.