Brighton V Newcastle

Christmas Tree

Peoples thoughts on this given our current position, Europe etc.

Sounds as though Pardew is only going to make a few changes and I think has also said Sammy Ameobi will definitely start.

Not as important as avoiding the drop, but an FA cup final is still more important than reaching the latter stages of Europe (to me).

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see Pardew play a strong team for this. Maybe include a couple of the youngsters such as Tavernier at right-back.

Don't think he'll have much of a choice? I mean, he could field the likes of

Elliot

Tavernier Colo Perch Santon

Anita Bigi Abeid

Obertan ---------------- Amalfitano

Ameobi

But I can't think of a centre half that's fit that we can play instead of Colo, or a central midfielder instead of Anita, or a left back instead of Santon?

Newcastle United 8

D Simpson Broken Toe 19th Jan 13

J Gutierrez Knee Injury 12th Jan 13

S Taylor Hamstring Injury 12th Jan 13

Y Cabaye Groin/Pelvis Injury 12th Jan 13

H Ben Arfa Hamstring Injury 2nd Feb 13

D Gosling Knee Injury no return date

H Vučkić ACL Knee Injury May 13

R Taylor ACL Knee Injury Mar 13

FML

Edited by The Fish

We need a win for morale more than anything....Tav in at right back is the only change I'd make at the back, Perch into the centre of the park for Tiote...after that its tricky....if we're going 433 theres not much choice but to pick Shola tbh. Thing is Marveux offers little defensively, and Obertan not a lot more...its bare bones time atm.

We need a win for morale more than anything....Tav in at right back is the only change I'd make at the back, Perch into the centre of the park for Tiote...after that its tricky....if we're going 433 theres not much choice but to pick Shola tbh. Thing is Marveux offers little defensively, and Obertan not a lot more...its bare bones time atm.

Agreed. We need to halt the run of defeats as soon as possible!

Elliot

Anita Bigi Abeid

Ameobi

But I can't think of a centre half that's fit that we can play instead of Colo, or a central midfielder instead of Anita, or a left back instead of Santon?

Newcastle United 8

FML

Elliot

Anita Bigi Abeid

Ameobi

Newcastle United 8

FML

I'd put Cisse in instead of shola, good prep in that middle position now that hes back to being our focal point and perhaps gives him the chance to get another goal to get a run going.

I have a sense of dread about this since Poyet always seems to take us up the arse. Having said that I hope we have a decent go at them notwithstanding our perilous league position.

Young players all the way where possible, give the rest a break so that hopefully win some additional players it can be a fresh starting point.

Young players all the way where possible, give the rest a break so that hopefully win some additional players it can be a fresh starting point.

Fuck that. I'm going and was there last season, don't want to walk out of the ground again feeling fuckin humiliated. No midweek games, play as near to full strength as we can. If we play the youth team we'll get beat.

Fuck that. I'm going and was there last season, don't want to walk out of the ground again feeling fuckin humiliated. No midweek games, play as near to full strength as we can. If we play the youth team we'll get beat.

If I was going I'd feel the same (as you). That said, playing a 'full strength' side with the players we have available at the moment is no guarantee of anything.

If I was going I'd feel the same (as you). That said, playing a 'full strength' side with the players we have available at the moment is no guarantee of anything.

I said earlier we really are down to the bare bones like....not a player on the bench the other night over 21, two senior strikers, fuck me if Cisse gets a bad injury we're turbo screwed. A year ago yesterday we twatted manu 3 nil :(

Definitely wouldn't risk Cisse in this one. It's effectively a moot game for us given the precarious nature of our league position.

Will Ray Stubbs be trying to get any of our players retrospectively banned after the game?

if thats right Tav starts and its Willo and Perch in the middle....

silver lining is no embarrassing posts for the best place to park in North London for Wembley on here this season ;)

Edited by PaddockLad