Holiday Plans 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We found a really cheap hotel right on the edge of the market square. It was the first night of the CT european vacation so it was simply just a head down job so cheap was fine. Spent all day sight seeing and meandering so know real expense there but picked the number 1 restaurant on Trip advisor for the evening meal (about £70 for 2 plus 1 kid). Im sure like most cities you can make it as cheap or expensive as you want.

If you do go, find out what night the open air dancing is on in the fish market. Couples mid 30's 40's take picnics and wine and do the most erotic sort of classy dancing. Very hard to describe but quite surreal to witness.

:spit:

Never let the world change you, sir.

:spit:

Never let the world change you, sir.

Dear sir, your mockery has fuelled further investigation and it turns out that it is actually the Tango club of Brugge that meet on warm summer evenings in the quaint surroundings of the fish market. Maybe I should know a Tango when I see one, however when I think of a Tango I think of the dance routine (and music) that we have all seen, rose clenched between teeth etc..

Knowing what I know now, I think classy and erotic are certainly two words you could associate with the Tango!

Add to that the setting was a warm sunny evening outdoors in old Brugge....... need I go on. (ok then)

I suppose it also depends who is dancing. When I saw it there was quite a few beauties on the dance floor.

So all in all not the sort of sight you really come across too often in this country.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Sir,

It was your choice of adjective that brought forth my glee. I'm just pleased you're experiencing things that seem to have hitherto gone unnoticed in your 40 or so years on the planet.

Regards,

The Fish.

Sir,

It was your choice of adjective that brought forth my glee. I'm just pleased you're experiencing things that seem to have hitherto gone unnoticed in your 40 or so years on the planet.

Regards,

The Fish.

Well Ive seen outdoor dancing in the bigg market many a time but somehow its just not quite the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for somewhere cheap(ish) to jet off to over Easter, literally Friday to Monday so even flights to the Spanish coast are already comparatively expensive. Getting some flight and hotel deals in the £240 neck of the woods, which probably isn't too bad at relatively short notice, but the cheapskate in me would love to get below £200 if at all possible. :lol:

Torremolinos is literally what I'm looking at too. Who needs class, there's a few decent restaurants in the town itself and Malaga isn't far away if you want actual tapas culture, so who cares if the rest of it is stereotypical as owt. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the lads are thinking of doing a bit of traveling Europe in August, however we can't decide where to go. My friends have already travelled around Europe but I haven't.

It's between a slow meander through Poland and the Baltic states, with a bit of Russia thrown in as well.

Or an Island hopping adventure around the Aegean?

Has anyone done something similar and if so what would you advise?

Me and the lads are thinking of doing a bit of traveling Europe in August, however we can't decide where to go. My friends have already travelled around Europe but I haven't.

It's between a slow meander through Poland and the Baltic states, with a bit of Russia thrown in as well.

Or an Island hopping adventure around the Aegean?

Has anyone done something similar and if so what would you advise?

I went around Italy and a bit of Spain, up through France, finishing in Amsterdam. Really expensive, I reckon you'd be better off going further afield. You might spend more on the flights initially, but the living costs are significantly cheaper.

Can certainly recommend the Baltics, especially Vilnius in Lithuania, cheap and cheerful and great for beer and food. Friends say good things about Tallinn and Gdansk (the latter isn't the most obvious place to visit but apparently it's really nice, and very much as per Vilnius on the beer/grub front).

The Aegean in August could be very warm.

Can certainly recommend the Baltics, especially Vilnius in Lithuania, cheap and cheerful and great for beer and food. Friends say good things about Tallinn and Gdansk (the latter isn't the most obvious place to visit but apparently it's really nice, and very much as per Vilnius on the beer/grub front).

The Aegean in August could be very warm.

Really great club scene there apparently. And with your moves, well....

I bet you'd look good on Gdansk floor...

:D A matter of two seconds on Google.

Formatting the post, on the other hand... :unsure:

I applaud your effort.

I'm bored at work and a bloke I work with just turned up after a leaving do.

It's quite funny watching a man trying to look reasonably sober.