Norwich - Newcastle

Aeris

My simple comment is so simply simplistic, simple, simple something....

Go and read what I posted before - again we're back to the point whether you're a wum, ignorant or simply daft. We'd have lost if we'd played Ferguson instead of Jonas. Like Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham & Stoke lost at Norwich.

I've never seen much evidence that Cisse can head the ball anyway. Besides - they'd have kicked the fuck out of Ferguson & he'd have gone missing.

Yawn

Goodnight.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont doubt that for a minute, but it will just be a minority at that point.

The thing is,how are 52000 of us going to react if we get beat at home by the mackems which could conceiveably relegate us?....you do understand that reaction will be a lot worse dont you?...the point I made is if the mackems were coming here in the next month and they beat us that would give Ashley the perfect chance to sack Pardew, just as us twatting them 5-1 gave Hughton a stay of execution until the next time we lost a game. Derby games are piivitol in manager's careers'. The next time the mackems roll into town though there are only 5 league games after that.

Sick to the stomach at the thought of still being in this much shit when we play them. :(

The "games" he's talking about is actually West Ham at home. That's the last time Cabaye and Ben Arfa played together for us. And until then the only teams that beat us were Man U and Chelsea.

Also no Coloccini, Cissé playing shite and Ferguson started. Cabaye was carrying his knock too.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Nice comeback. So Ferguson was the answer this week because he didn't play, Marveaux was the answer last week when he didn't feature. Ferguson has only had an impact from the bench, when starting he's been anonymous in attack and positonally poor defensively. Noone expects much more from a young inexperienced player, except you that is. Nevermind that anyway as your record indicates that the higher the praise today the sharper your cat claws will be tomorrow when the wind changes.

But congratulations on getting the attention that you so crave.

I'm sure Ashley is as bewildered as everyone else at the stark contrast between last year and this. And yes it would have been better if we had started the season with Anita, Debuchy and another CB to cover Colo and Taylor but those bollocks dropped are not solely responsible for the relegation battle.

Teams like Swansea, Stoke and Sunderland are ahead of us with as poor or poorer players. Let's also remember that had it not been for Cisses arse or horrific refereeing at Everton we would already be in the bottom 3.

Nobody knew that Pardew was going to rely on hoofball with two strikers who couldn't play together. Nobody knew that even though Pardew says Jonas is way out of form, he would refuse to drop him, or that Pardew would cave into Ba's demands at the expense of the team.

I hope Ashley is trying to source a better manager. But I also know that's not the easiest thing to get right at any time, never mind in January facing the drop so I understand if he's hoping that we can somehow scrape home.

I dont think anyone expected the relegation battle we find ourselves in but lots of us were predicting a much tougher season if we didn't add numbers to the squad. The lack of depth was there for all to see. Last season we barely had an injury. The same 11 played week in week out and the players clicked. This season the sub-standard second string has been exposed. Pardew's style of football hasn't changed that much; it's effectiveness has.

We're not getting a new manager by the way. I'd just accept that by the way and instead direct your criticism where it's really deserved - the boardroom.

Also no Coloccini, Cissé playing shite and Ferguson started. Cabaye was carrying his knock too.

The point is that simply having players returning wont solve out problems.

What you seem to be suggesting is the first choice team out which very rarely happens just as it didn't last year when we had Leon Best and Ryan Taylor starting games.

The tactics we have employed for most of the season..... No threat from the left, no shape, no chances created for Cisse, hoping that Ben Arfa works a miracle.....haven't worked so far.

They won't work for the run in either.

We need to be more adventurous like we were against Man U and Arsenal against the lesser teams and go for wins.

The point is that simply having players returning wont solve out problems.

What you seem to be suggesting is the first choice team out which very rarely happens just as it didn't last year when we had Leon Best and Ryan Taylor starting games.

The tactics we have employed for most of the season..... No threat from the left, no shape, no chances created for Cisse, hoping that Ben Arfa works a miracle.....haven't worked so far.

They won't work for the run in either.

We need to be more adventurous like we were against Man U and Arsenal against the lesser teams and go for wins.

While that's true surely we need adequate players to achieve it? Tactics alone won't help us, the same as players alone. We need a better first team and deeper squad, but at the same time Pardew needs to pull his finger out now and stop with the shitty tactics we've been employing this season - it's almost like Ashley's told him to calm down and leave the winning tactics we had last season out during the summer break.

I can't see a better team that we could of put out yesterday, having watched the full game I thought Jonas did well and created a few good chances. Marveaux didn't feature for large parts but its the way the game was set up. Cisse never stood a chance with crosses against their back line so I think if we're to get anything the right players were on.

You could see the difference when Cabaye came on and that is a big boost for the next game. Best chance of the game was at 50 seconds IMO.

While that's true surely we need adequate players to achieve it? Tactics alone won't help us, the same as players alone. We need a better first team and deeper squad, but at the same time Pardew needs to pull his finger out now and stop with the shitty tactics we've been employing this season - it's almost like Ashley's told him to calm down and leave the winning tactics we had last season out during the summer break.

Yup agree with all that.

In both your worlds it seems tactics are binary, either 'go for it' or 'defend'. The fact that CT thinks we should go to Norwich and set ourselves up the same way we did at Old Trafford shows very little comprehension of the different propositions these clubs and grounds present. At OT, if we sit back and defend do you think Man U will have come up against that before? What? A team going to OT and sitting back and defending? That would have Fergie scratching his head! You go to OT there's a good chance you will lose, if you sit back there's a good chance you'll lose, if you have a severely weakened first team that doesn't play together the chances of maintaining 90 minutes of organisation are slim. Therefore, the manager's decision to send out an inexperienced side to attack Man U was an excellent decision that nearly paid off. We could have just as easily lost that game 5-0.

So why not do the same against Norwich? Well it pains me to have to even point this out but Norwich, funnily enough, are set up to beat teams who come at them because, surprise sur-fucking-prise, that's what 99% of teams do to them, given their stature and players. This tactic can lead easily to defeat for visiting teams as witnessed by their impressive results.

The subtleties of management don't end there but maybe that will give you something to think about. ;)

All I want to think about is where we pick up enough points to stay up.

Norwich looked shit yesterday and were there for the taking. We could have had 3 points instead of 1

My last word (hopefully) on this, but simply repeating the mistakes of the first half of the season will see us relegated.

All I want to think about is where we pick up enough points to stay up.

Norwich looked shit yesterday and were there for the taking. We could have had 3 points instead of 1

My last word (hopefully) on this, but simply repeating the mistakes of the first half of the season will see us relegated.

Did you think we looked better once cabaye came on?

In both your worlds it seems tactics are binary, either 'go for it' or 'defend'. The fact that CT thinks we should go to Norwich and set ourselves up the same way we did at Old Trafford shows very little comprehension of the different propositions these clubs and grounds present. At OT, if we sit back and defend do you think Man U will have come up against that before? What? A team going to OT and sitting back and defending? That would have Fergie scratching his head! You go to OT there's a good chance you will lose, if you sit back there's a good chance you'll lose, if you have a severely weakened first team that doesn't play together the chances of maintaining 90 minutes of organisation are slim. Therefore, the manager's decision to send out an inexperienced side to attack Man U was an excellent decision that nearly paid off. We could have just as easily lost that game 5-0.

So why not do the same against Norwich? Well it pains me to have to even point this out but Norwich, funnily enough, are set up to beat teams who come at them because, surprise sur-fucking-prise, that's what 99% of teams do to them, given their stature and players. This tactic can lead easily to defeat for visiting teams as witnessed by their impressive results.

The subtleties of management don't end there but maybe that will give you something to think about. ;)

what an excellent post

Genuine question for you hear CT - you've come up with your usual that it's Jonas' fault that we lacked any creativity and Ferguson would've resolved that for us. Yet when you got your answer and he has started for us he's shown that he's nowhere near ready enough for the time being, and one thing I've been disappointed with him has been his work-rate as I always thought he ran his socks off and was quite tenacious, yet this doesn't seem to be the case. So what has changed for him to be ready in the mean time?

Also you're having a go at Jonas for not creating things for us, yet Marveaux was the one playing the number 10 role yesterday before Cabaye came on so there was far more onus than him rather than Jonas to be our playmaker. Yet apart from making a few neat and tidy passes he never really done anything of note, whilst we needed him to drive things forward, pull the strings and he was leaving a huge gap between he and Cisse that left Cisse quite isolated. Yet for some reason you're not criticising Marveaux for his performance yesterday. So why is this?

Genuine question for you hear CT - you've come up with your usual that it's Jonas' fault that we lacked any creativity and Ferguson would've resolved that for us. Yet when you got your answer and he has started for us he's shown that he's nowhere near ready enough for the time being, and one thing I've been disappointed with him has been his work-rate as I always thought he ran his socks off and was quite tenacious, yet this doesn't seem to be the case. So what has changed for him to be ready in the mean time?

Also you're having a go at Jonas for not creating things for us, yet Marveaux was the one playing the number 10 role yesterday before Cabaye came on so there was far more onus than him rather than Jonas to be our playmaker. Yet apart from making a few neat and tidy passes he never really done anything of note, whilst we needed him to drive things forward, pull the strings and he was leaving a huge gap between he and Cisse that left Cisse quite isolated. Yet for some reason you're not criticising Marveaux for his performance yesterday. So why is this?

Totally agree with the Marveaux point, although it was a hard game for him the way Norwich played. I feel Ben Arfa would of offered more in that role but he is a league above Marveaux.

Good analysis.

Totally agree with the Marveaux point, although it was a hard game for him the way Norwich played. I feel Ben Arfa would of offered more in that role but he is a league above Marveaux.

Given the options we had it was hard for everyone the way Norwich played.

It's difficult for anyone to go to Carrow Road this season & attack let alone a team relying on one striker.

CT cementing his place as the thickest fucker on here when it comes to football.

When Ferguson starts and plays shit it's Pardews fault. When Jonas doesnt play, we attack for 90 minutes (Which CT says we should do every game) and get beat, it's Pardews fault. Obertan played yesterday who he said should start, yet he played shit and we don't hear a peep out of him about Obertan and only about Jonas. Marveaux started yesterday, didnt have the best of games and we still don't hear a peep out of CT about his performace either.

He advocates Pardew should be sacked, but can't answer who to replace him with and replies "HE'S FUCKING OUT THERE LADS, DIVN'T WORRY, CT'S GOT THIS SHIT LOCKED DOWN"

Not only that but all he goes on about is getting crosses into the box. IF IT WAS THAT FUCKING SIMPLE CT, EVERY FUCKING TEAM WOULD DO IT. Stop trying to simplify football when you know nothing about it.

FUCK!

What puzzles me - apart from all the rest -obviously - is that he's firmly against long ball football - but wants us to continually pump balls in the box.

The principle is remarkably similar, percentages...

Aye, been very unimpressed with Shane when Ive seen him play.Will give him the benefit of the doubt of course until he gets a good run in the team but he is far far away from deserving anything of the sort at the moment. And somebody ought to feed him a bit more.