Colo Gogo

Banshee

He'd have a lot to buy out! I can't see us just letting him go, so it probably won't be resolved any time soon. Not a nice distraction to have when we're fighting to stay up...

He knew what he was doing when he signed though didn't he?!

I don't know if he's got the money to do it but that's not our fault.

Such a good player too. Fuck our luck sometimes, why couldn't it have been Williamson!

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He knew what he was doing when he signed though didn't he?!

I don't know if he's got the money to do it but that's not our fault.

Such a good player too. Fuck our luck sometimes, why couldn't it have been Williamson!

That would've been perfect.

Fucking hell what a shambles. Like what others have said earlier I hope we hold firm on this, hold onto his registration and fine his wages until he returns (if he does). Very disappointing that we finally get a good centre back pairing and the second the 2nd comes in the 1st does a runner :lol:

If the club can't see any way of enticing him back, I think the same will happen.

It'll turn into all-out animosity and a complete turn around from where the situation was a little under a month ago ...

Mike's gonna want some compensation.

If what I've read elsewhere is true, then his wife is genuinely unwell and he's just trying to do the right thing by his family. What I find absolutely bizarre is that the club haven't made a statement to clarify the situation - they don't even need to give specifics. The only thing I can think is that they don't want a situation where public opinion falls in the player's favour, until they've exhausted attempts to convince him to stay.

If what I've read elsewhere is true, then his wife is genuinely unwell and he's just trying to do the right thing by his family. What I find absolutely bizarre is that the club haven't made a statement to clarify the situation - they don't even need to give specifics. The only thing I can think is that they don't want a situation where public opinion falls in the player's favour, until they've exhausted attempts to convince him to stay.

Scott, you able to post some links for what you've read?

If his wife is unwell he should have been given a brief period of leave for that, and then to continue to play through to the conclusion of the season. If it's terminal and he absolutely has to go now then he can't expect to be able to walk out of a multimillion dollar contract with no repercussions and with the club poised to potentially lose many many many more million pounds if things aren't improved. Shit situation if that's the case but he'd already have collected well in excess of 10 million pounds (closer to 15) during his time here for playing football and so some degree of loyalty is owed particularly given the extension that the club offered and he agreed to.

Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

Had an inkling this would happen with Coloccini. Nothing like Tevez situation, the guy has actual problems to deal with bigger than football

Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

yes media have agreed not to report it as the details not relevant RT @PutItInTheMixer: @eaamalyon does anyone know what these problems are?

john storey john storey ‏@johnstoreys

@eaamalyon aye bucking other women.

Ed Malyon Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

@johnstoreys no.

Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

I completely appreciate Newcastle's point of view but the guy's head is completely gone.

Josh Tulip ‏@joshtulip5

@eaamalyon I do get collo's situation, but to a fan it still looks like our captain just abandoned us half way through a relegation fight.

Ed Malyon Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

@joshtulip5 I understand that. It's a tough situation. This *could* work for best if he goes home, gets head right and comes back in a month

Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

@joshtulip5 obviously that's pure speculation on my part, but a leave of absence is obviously needed, whether authorised or not.

Elizabeth ‏@legsidelizzy

@eaamalyon you can expect players to be injured or have personal problems. Their lack of contingency is their fault

Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

@legsidelizzy yeah, fair enough, but not often that a player completely outright feels he can't play the game any more.

Malyon Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

@legsidelizzy usually you'd arm-round-shoulder and try to guide them through. I feel this is a fairly extreme situation to deal with.

Malyon Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

@legsidelizzy god knows how the club can deal with it now though.

If it is because his wife's ill then I wonder if we'd be prepared to just let him go and stop paying him (provided he didn't try and play elsewhere). As has been said, he's earned enough to never have to work again unless he's a flash get.

But, If he wants to leave but still carry on playing somewhere else (even if his wife IS ill) then as sad as that is, it's not for NUFC to pay the price is it?

Tough one this.

If his wife is actually seriously ill, then a compassionate leave is really the only option. The club should retain his registration, and if he returns once everything is sorted , then happy days. If he wants to stay and play over there, some financial compensation can be arranged later between clubs before we release his registration.

If its the other rumour, then tough titty. Club must play hardball.

I'm surprised nothing has come out about San Lorenzo tapping up our player? Personally I'm disapointed with Colo as you would of thought ok no fee so lets get on with this relegation scrap, Instead reports are suggesting he will walk out. If he just got his head down and told his father and advisors to keep their mouths shut for a few months then maybe we could sort something in the summer and he could keep some face with the club and fans.

You can tell his head hasn't been right, he's been shit for months.

When he's shit there's no-one to carry Williamson, hence the schoolboy like defensive displays.

Mbiwa will shore it up with Taylor, still a big blow to the club though. He's been a rock for the club in recent seasons.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

We don't know the full details yet so too soon to be saying fuck him. Sometimes family life is more important than work. Compassionate leave would be the best idea if it is something really sensitive making him want to return home.

If he has just been trying to engineer a move though he can do one.

We don't know the full details yet so too soon to be saying fuck him. Sometimes family life is more important than work. Compassionate leave would be the best idea if it is something really sensitive making him want to return home.

Couple of weeks off to go and sort his head out.

If his wife was seriously ill then surely the first thing you would do would be to ask for compassionate leave and sort out a transfer at a later date? The fact that he's went straight for a move leads me to believe that something strange is going on.

I would understand if she were ill, but I don't believe Pardew and the club would turn down compassionate leave if she was.

With reports suggesting he's returned home without permission, I'd let him stay there, fine him each week he is absent and not release him. If he wants to play silly buggers, then hit him financially. These guys are supposed to be professionals and I'm really disappointed with him. Remember when Lovenkrands lost his father? He went home and came back especially for the very next game against West Brom and actually scored too. Can't really compare the two levels of professionalism.