Colo Gogo

Banshee

If this is real he's certainly not doing himself any favours and he should be saying something to us too. But more than anything San Lorenzo come out of this looking like complete twats. Im sure we won't be the only club that thinks twice about ever dealing with them.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Why haven't San Lorenzo been busted by FIFA? 2) Colo's going to a lovely send off when he goes if doesn't come out with statement soon 3) If he goes are we lining up another central defender to replace him?

If true, then our captain is writing love letters to other clubs basically saying he's a hostage here. Captaincy needs to be stripped like, think too many people letting their heart rule their head with Colo like. Starting to take the piss out of us a bit now like.

I wonder if Jonas is becoming unsettled, given him and Colo are good mates?

Seeing the team bring in so many french players and your mate and captain wanting to fuck off, can't be good for morale. Given he's struggled for form and fitness this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jonas on the way out in the summer.

Colo can go and fuck himself btw. Can't see why he'd want to suddenly jump ship when he's just signed a bumper final contract. Give the captain's armband to someone who will actively try and turn the season around - Cabaye or Ben Arfa? Either way, Colo's obviously not 100% committed so shouldn't be leading the team.

We also need to file a complaint against SL. Doesn't matter who the club is, you can't try and recruit him by openly talking about it through the media. Liverpool were charged for tapping up Dempsey and they were far less brazen than these twats have been. :lol: Wouldn't surprise me if they started leaking news stories about hiring Redknapp to aid in their future recruitment of players.

I agree, but if he's allowed to take the piss out of the club then what sort of example does that set to the rest of the squad?

Colo's only fuck up is with the club he wanted to join....we would have broken his contract for him if the deal was right.

He's basically thrown a transfer request in so he's not entitled to get his contract paid up; so a club willing to pay 5-7 million say for a 31 year old would have had their hands taken off in NUFC's efforts to get him off their books. Players adjitating for a move are quite common tbh but the finances involved with SL always meant it was a non starter.

We don't know what the "personal issues" are. The fact that there's no concrete story come out from anyone at the club suggests it's perhaps a little bit more serious than simply getting a lass pregnant.

It's disappointing, but none of us know the reason for all of this. It could be severe depression or threats of violence on his family. We don't know the facts.

We don't know what the "personal issues" are. The fact that there's no concrete story come out from anyone at the club suggests it's perhaps a little bit more serious than simply getting a lass pregnant.

It's disappointing, but none of us know the reason for all of this. It could be severe depression or threats of violence on his family. We don't know the facts.

Spot on

I think if it was something people would have sympathy for then he'd have made a statement to the fans (he wouldn't even have to say what the issue was if it was something like you suggest) IMO. The absence of such a statement (and the letter to SL fans) makes me extremely reluctant to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As SLP says he's taking the piss until there's strong evidence to the contrary, and if it were a viable option I wouldn't want him to play for the club again.

The letter to SL doesn't lend itself to any of the above though

no need for it whatsoever, he's either got football far from his mind or he doesn't it doesn't swing itself both ways like

How do we know the letter was written by him? It could have been written by his dad to appease his employers. South American football isn't the most ethical and violence and corruption are quite common.

Definitely can't be captain anymore. I would have thought Cabaye or even Krul would be a good tactical option.

Don't agree with keepers being captain. It needs to be someone in the thick of things. Cabaye is the obvious choice.

Whilst I still think we don't know what half the truth is, if this letter was really from him and we hear nothing from him then I agree he's not the man to lead the team any more and I would doubt whether taking it off him would bother him in the slightest as it would certainly look like his mind is made up to be on his bike in the summer regardless.

You have leaders on the pitch regardless of who is captain. The reason I mention Krul is that he speaks excellent English, is a great player and I would like to see us try to keep him here.

A defender who doesn't do interviews is far worse than a keeper who does IMO.

You have leaders on the pitch regardless of who is captain. The reason I mention Krul is that he speaks excellent English, is a great player and I would like to see us try to keep him here.

A defender who doesn't do interviews is far worse than a keeper who does IMO.

I agree with this and they really do need to stand up and be counted now.

I'm not sure that just because Krul speaks excellent English, that's enough of a reason to give him the job but I take your point. Particularly the bit about the interviews. The captain (along with the manager) should really be the face of the club to the press and public and I don't really think Colo has done much in that respect. The likes of Krul, Jonas and Ba have always done much more in that respect. But I do think Cabaye would be well suited to that. I think he speaks enough English now and of course after last week his speaking his native tongue is just as important!

No point in begging him to stay (or suggesting he'd be financially better off if he moved in the summer) then kicking him in the bollocks by stripping him of the captaincy. That would be self defeating after getting him to stay. As I said, he's hardly the first player to try to force a move through at this time of year.

Edited by PaddockLad

Cabaye is prettier for sho' :wub:

It's amazing how little visibility our captains have had recently. I think Nolan was probably the last decent leader/figure head that I can think of.

Was Nolan not our last captain before Colo? It's not that much of stretch to remember that surely :D