Colo Gogo

Banshee

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene, given you're both an eclectic and esoteric fellow could you please include more patent indications for when your posts are tongue in cheek as not all of us are privy to the Rosetta stone.

A paper links us to player and it's immediately dismissed as bullshit. A paper mentions one of our lot out of the door and it's a reliable source.

This is a rehash of a 5 day old story, with quotes from his Dad, that were later rubbished by his agent.

Exactly. I can't see this happening.

Exactly. I can't see this happening.

The piece says his advisors are here talking to the club now...thats about the only new claim tbh.

Assuming its true....I can't see many clubs in Argentina being able to afford to do the deal..

If he puts an official transfer request in he won't need his contract paying up, but I'd demand a hefty compensation/transfer fee for the fact that comitted to being here for 4 years only last year.But that runs the risk of having a very unhappy player on the books. Then we've got to replace him.

What's more to the point is whats made two of our most senior players want to leave when we're in a very percarious posisition in the league. Theres a whole world of shit behind the scenes that we don't have much clue about this season iyam.

The piece says his advisors are here talking to the club now...thats about the only new claim tbh.

Assuming its true....I can't see many clubs in Argentina being able to afford to do the deal..

If he puts an official transfer request in he won't need his contract paying up, but I'd demand a hefty compensation/transfer fee for the fact that comitted to being here for 4 years only last year.But that runs the risk of having a very unhappy player on the books. Then we've got to replace him.

What's more to the point is whats made two of our most senior players want to leave when we're in a very percarious posisition in the league. Theres a whole world of shit behind the scenes that we don't have much clue about this season iyam.

Pardews lost the dressing room ;)

His agent denied the story a few days ago. It's not like an agent to dampen transfer speculation if there's a chance that he can make a few quid on a deal.

Pretty respectable journalist stating the transfer request was put in yesterday. I'm sure the local rags will eventually catch up by this afternoon.

If he's not in the squad for tomorrow then that might tell us something is going on....if he does want to go home they'll likely try to persuade him to stay till the end of the season.

All depends what the "personal" reason is ie marital or family etc.

I remember Peacock (I think) doing similar sharp exit as his kid had a deformity or something like that.

I think his current mission on slagging off the players, particularly the younger ones, at every opportunity is very mis-guided.

It fuckin well is when you may have to ask them to keep you in the division and in so doing your own job.

Pardew has said that both Colo and Cisse are fit and will play. If there's a magical injury that happens between now and then we'll have something to worry about. If he plays and is clearly uninterested that could be the case too. Time will tell.

A paper links us to player and it's immediately dismissed as bullshit. A paper mentions one of our lot out of the door and it's a reliable source.

This is a rehash of a 5 day old story, with quotes from his Dad, that were later rubbished by his agent.

It's not just 'a mention' though, it's a main article saying he told the club he wants to leave yesterday, not 5 days ago.

Unless the player denies it I'll take it as true.

Wonder if he'll be captain at Norwich although there's very little option tbh.

I just had Colo's name put on my grandsons shirt as well :angry2:

Edited by Banshee

Gene, given you're both an eclectic and esoteric fellow could you please include more patent indications for when your posts are tongue in cheek as not all of us are privy to the Rosetta stone.

Basically, if Colo plays tomorrow, it's a rehash of a non-story; his dad is youth team coach at San Lorenzo & is trying to big up his importance by hinting he could broker a deal.

http://www.diariopopular.com.ar/notas/139413-tinelli-es-muy-dificil-que-llegue-coloccini

The Dad is quoted as saying he loves the club.... however the family are from Cordoba not Buenos Aires. Coloccini played there briefly but his original club was Boca. Seems like the old quote from anyone who goes to Liverpool ..... 'I've always been a LIverpool fan...' It should also be noted that San Lorenzo are a one of the big five in Argentina and doing quite poorly in the league. In many ways this move is a morale boosting exercise, thus why there's a lot of posturing their end without any firm bid. Obviously getting his Dad (who works for the club and played for them) to add to the storm is another thing.

They've been linked with Mauro Cetto to help them out defensively. Lacking the curls of Colo I sense they're more likely to end up with him.

I love how San Lorenzo state they don't have a ton of money to spend on him so it needs to be a realistic price. He's the best defender we've had in decades FFS!

This is the thing...Ashley will tell them to fuck off money wise. Unless its a real family issue and its on compassionate grounds. Not a lot you can do about that one. We'll see.

ITheres a whole world of shit behind the scenes that we don't have much clue about this season iyam.

Has to be . Probably goes right up to the 'top' with Laurel & Hardy's efforts since summer . I know Coloccini doesn't do massive amounts of press but he could've put this to bed weeks ago . Like CT said Gavin Peacock was very open about needing to move for his kid's treatment snd to be nearer family .

I just hope he's not 'doing a Dowie' and turns up at Arsenal or some such .