Siem De Jong

Barney

pardew will love him because he's a worker, he's not really strong, he's not fast at all, he's not got the passing ability or the technique, but he's got an engine and will do a bit of organising.

He's basically the jonas engine of the #10 shirt.

Pretty much describes his brother. Kuyt was a bit like that, so it may not be the worst signing we've made.

Anything is an improvement in shola.

Grenier is the one I'm hoping for.

Good news & well done. We need more like it though. I hope its just a concidence that it follows hard on the heels of amalfitano and tavernier going.....I would hate to think that our recruitment of players like this is utterly dependent on the fringe players leaving.

Poor mans Christian Eriksen for me. Its a sign of peoples dampened expectations for nufc that this signing is met with such joy. Ashley playing a blinder here mind. Welcome to acceptable mediocrity

I really can't call how this one will turn out success wise so I'm not going to.

He's a decent player anyway - I can see him behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 or perhaps centre forward in a 4-3-3. He seems fairly versatile anyway & I imagine he would have been at the World Cup if not for injury last season.

Poor mans Christian Eriksen for me. Its a sign of peoples dampened expectations for nufc that this signing is met with such joy. Ashley playing a blinder here mind. Welcome to acceptable mediocrity

:lol: Most attacking midfielders are.

Can't say I'm excited about any signing we make like this. Not because I don't necessarily think he isn't a good player, but more because after a couple of months he'll be another one that Pardew makes look mediocre. Although it's not Pardew's fault is it according to some on here?

Pardew stifles players, but the capitulation after Cabaye left shows the difference a bit of quality makes. He may not be used as he should, be asked to play on the wing or to sit deep and allow Anita to get forward or some other mad shit Pardew comes up with, but just that quality of being able to take a free kick, to hit a ball on target from long range as opposed to letting Tiote kick a dozen balls into L7 will be worth more points than we had hope of yesterday.

Whether that's a good or a bad thing is debatable as once again, it's new signings that will dig Pardew out of his morass rather than tactical guile, so mid table will unfortunately ensure his survival.

If he can find a balanced team & circumstances offer him no excuses we might actually perform but it's hard when the man spends more time thinking about excuses than how to overcome any issues presented.