Siem De Jong

Barney

Couldn't we find a way to accommodate them both in the middle? Just play sissoko a bit deeper.

Sissoko's been playing well so we could just sell him. Problem solved.

to have sissoko as the most forward thinking of our 3 in midfield and De Jong playing as well we'd lose a lot of width which has done well for us allowing us to counter quickly with a speedy front 3.

How is De Jong as a striker? Could be interesting as he'd provide a different sort of option to Perez and Cisse

Sissoko has been playing in the centre of a middle 3. De Jong will be playing in the front 3. Bed wetters ;)

he's been playing int he more advanced role of those three though right? with colback and abeid holding behind him. that's the role i'd see de jong playing in too. behind the front man with two out wide. might have to play de jong up front to keep them both in the middle, unless we change the system.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Nothing special but he's been an important part of our little rejuvenation imo with the pressing and high energy game we've taken to.

Still tempting to put Sissoko in his place and De Jong further up and see how that works out.

Would sissoko be suited to sitting deep and holding? Has played that role before? Looks at his best when he's given the license to go on marauding forward runs, just centrally instead of from a wide position.

Would sissoko be suited to sitting deep and holding? Has played that role before? Looks at his best when he's given the license to go on marauding forward runs, just centrally instead of from a wide position.

It would be a waste having Sissoko in Colback's position, completely nullifying his attacking capabilities.

Still don't see what Colback offers ahead of others like.

I think the most important thing he offers is consistency. I don't think he's ever going to dominate a game but he keeps things moving along and seems to be a 7/10 performer pretty much every game. He's not exciting but we can rely on him to keep doing his thing. I doubt we'll see him having many bad games.

Yeah I think there's a temptation to look at his size and strength and think he should be decent there, but I think sometimes he isn't the best when pressed in tight spaces. His best thing like you say is when he has space to run in to and not having to worry about leaving a massive gap if he's our dm.

• 2 months later...