Siem De Jong

Barney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Siem de Jong: Newcastle player faces further two months out

Newcastle midfielder Siem de Jong says he will be sidelined for another "couple of months" through injury.

The 25-year-old Netherlands international joined the Magpies for £6m from Ajax in July.

He played only three times for the club before injuring his knee during training last month.

"Just saw the surgeon in London and all looks good. Still a couple of months to go but I'm sure I will get back stronger," De Jong wrote on Facebook.

"I can slowly start building up strength again and start walking without crutches."

De Jong, who scored 57 goals in 168 league games for Ajax, missed much of last season through injury and sat out a significant proportion of the Magpies' pre-season campaign with a foot problem.

Newcastle are 18th in the Premier League, with seven points from eight matches.

After securing their first league victory of the season against Leicester on Saturday, they face Tottenham and Liverpool in their next two league games.

Club Season League National Cup[a] League Cup Continental Other Total

Division Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals

Ajax 2007–08 Eredivisie 22 2 3 0 — 0 0 2[c] 0 27 2

2008–09 Eredivisie 10 1 2 0 — 4[d] 0 0 0 16 1

2009–10 Eredivisie 22 10 6 6 — 7[e] 1 0 0 35 17

2010–11 Eredivisie 32 12 6 3 — 13[f] 1 1[g] 0 52 16

2011–12 Eredivisie 29 13 3 3 — 6[h] 1 1[g] 0 39 17

2012–13 Eredivisie 34 12 4 1 — 8 3 1[g] 0 47 16

2013–14 Eredivisie 19 7 2 1 — 6[j] 0 1[g] 1 28 9

Total 168 57 26 14 — 44 6 6 1 244 78

I don't really see how those stats (if you can read them, appologies for the lack of formating) point to a crock. Especially when we know he missed a lot of last season with a punctured lung.

Edited by David Kelly

Always due an injury more like. We boight a crock by the looks of his record.

Their manager said he wasn't a key player for them anymore. Looking at his last season at that club tells you everything...Another cheapish punt on a semi-crock. Annoying thing is that with Cisse getting back to his best a loose forward/attacking midfielder like Siem fits the bill now.

Edited by Park Life

Their manager said he wasn't a key player for them anymore. Looking at his last season at that club tells you everything...Another cheapish punt on a semi-crock. Annoying thing is that with Cisse getting back to his best a loose forward/attacking midfielder like Siem fits the bill now.

Or a one like Cabella? ;)

I don't really see how those stats (if you can read them, appologies for the lack of formating) point to a crock. Especially when we know he missed a lot of last season with a punctured lung.

I can't read the stats but I only had in mind he missed most of last season through injury. If that was unconnected with a footballing injury then fair play and I take it back

I can't read the stats but I only had in mind he missed most of last season through injury. If that was unconnected with a footballing injury then fair play and I take it back

I think he did struggle with footballing injuries las season too but in seven seasons with Ajax he manged 35 games or more 4 times so he's hardly Marcelino.

• 1 month later...