FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Craig

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some cracking optimism on N-O I might add...

"That'll do nicely!"

"amazing!! 5th round here we come"

"might be our year after all"

"coulden't ask for any better really"

I still remember Bournemouth in 1992.....:rolleyes:

76553[/snapback]

Brighton 3rd Round. Cant remember when. 1985/6?

We must be able to do either of thos two tho, shirley?! :lol:

76556[/snapback]

1983 - Trelford fucking Mills - don't remind me! :(

76564[/snapback]

1983????????

You're having a tin bath??!! I'm never usually that far off in my year estimates!!

Jesus wept, still remember it-first memory of us in the FA Cup.

76571[/snapback]

I think we played them again in 1985/86 (and lost again)...

But 1983 is the one which boils my fucking piss!

Yet another cup run to paper over the cracks??

Can't ask for more really. If we can't beat either of these two then Souness should be shot, never mind sacked.

76583[/snapback]

Put in a sack and shot.

Then drowned.

"That'll do nicely!"

I still remember Bournemouth in 1992.....:lol:

76553[/snapback]

We must be able to do either of thos two tho, shirley?! :(

76556[/snapback]

76564[/snapback]

1983????????

You're having a tin bath??!! I'm never usually that far off in my year estimates!!

76571[/snapback]

76585[/snapback]

They had a good team back then like, Brighton. :rolleyes:

Glad to say I'm not, though obviously I love the fact that I get to study the archive footage every-fucking-year!

Someone should infiltrate the beeb and burn that reel. bet they've only got one fucking copy. They'd be fucked for stuff to put on FA Cup Match of the Day end credits footage then!

76573[/snapback]

More Newcastle-bashing by the beeb tbh. I remember Coventry as cup holders getting knocked out against non-league Sutton United back in 1988 but how often do we get to see that? :rolleyes:

"That'll do nicely!"

76553[/snapback]

We must be able to do either of thos two tho, shirley?! :(

76556[/snapback]

76564[/snapback]

1983????????

76571[/snapback]

76585[/snapback]

They had a good team back then like, Brighton. :rolleyes:

76587[/snapback]

The dodgiest of all dodgy refs tbh!

Yet another cup run to paper over the cracks??

Can't ask for more really. If we can't beat either of these two then Souness should be shot, never mind sacked.

76583[/snapback]

Put in a sack and shot.

Then drowned.

76586[/snapback]

Then put in a car crusher.

aww i really wanted newcastle v Torquay/Brummies  :lol:

76579[/snapback]

Aye, I think we were all rooting for Premiership opposition after we trounced Mansfield.

76584[/snapback]

i know youve written that to make me bite :rolleyes: In all truth torquay have beaten the brummies once (and they know it) who says we cant again? only this time hopefully, we wont be cheated out of it!

Anyway, i was speaking from a purely selfish point of view.

Besides if we (toon) have serious aspirations to this cup, then we'd have to knock out far better than Birmingham!!

Edited by Toonraider

Glad to say I'm not, though obviously I love the fact that I get to study the archive footage every-fucking-year!

Someone should infiltrate the beeb and burn that reel. bet they've only got one fucking copy. They'd be fucked for stuff to put on FA Cup Match of the Day end credits footage then!

76573[/snapback]

More Newcastle-bashing by the beeb tbh. I remember Coventry as cup holders getting knocked out against non-league Sutton United back in 1988 but how often do we get to see that? :rolleyes:

76589[/snapback]

True like. Think we suffer cos Radfords goal was such a rocket though-unlike the Sutton one which was just a header from a corner so not as spectacular. Though having said that Radford's goal wasnt even the winner anyway.

aww i really wanted newcastle v Torquay/Brummies  :(

76579[/snapback]

Aye, I think we were all rooting for Premiership opposition after we trounced Mansfield.

76584[/snapback]

i know youve written that to make me bite :( In all truth torquay have beaten the brummies once (and they know it) who says we cant again? only this time we wont be cheated out of it!

Besides if we (toon) have serious aspirations to this cup, then we'd have to knock out far better than Birmingham!!

76593[/snapback]

Chomp! :rolleyes:

:lol:

76573[/snapback]

76589[/snapback]

True like. Think we suffer cos Radfords goal was such a rocket though-unlike the Sutton one which was just a header from a corner so not as spectacular. Though having said that Radford's goal wasnt even the winner anyway.

76594[/snapback]

Unluckily for us, the goal has become iconic in FA Cup history. Non league team, pitch a fuckin mess, rocket of a goal etc. The only saving grace is that we have our away strip on.

aww i really wanted newcastle v Torquay/Brummies  :(

76579[/snapback]

76584[/snapback]

i know youve written that to make me bite :( In all truth torquay have beaten the brummies once (and they know it) who says we cant again? only this time we wont be cheated out of it!

76593[/snapback]

Chomp! :rolleyes:

:lol:

76595[/snapback]

yeah ok :(

76573[/snapback]

76589[/snapback]

Yeah, but the H*****d game was 'Motty's' first MOTD live broadcast (or summit like that) I believe, and, as we all know, 'Motty' just has to fart and the rest of the BBC *spit* has a wank, so it's inevitable that they show the clip as often as possible to remind us all of his great start in outside broadcasting :(

Oh, and the shot of 'Motty' in the snow at City Ground wearing that sheepskin coat - I'm sure you all know the one I'm talking about.

Christ, I fuckin' HATE that man!! :lol::(

"That'll do nicely!"

I still remember Bournemouth in 1992.....:rolleyes:

76553[/snapback]

the coldest game ever! FACT

120 minutes followed by penalties stood in -10 temperatures just to watch us go out. :lol:

76573[/snapback]

76589[/snapback]

76594[/snapback]

And there's Mickey Thomas' free-kick for Wrexham when the beat Arsenal - hardly ever see that one. Also when Woking kicked West Brom's arse and Grazioli got a hat-trick - never see that one neither...

Nope, but the fuckers still remind us every year that Stevenage took us to a reply in 1998! :lol:

"That'll do nicely!"

76553[/snapback]

120 minutes followed by penalties stood in -10 temperatures just to watch us go out. :(

76605[/snapback]

Yep, I remember stood behind the leazes goal and it being so fucking cold waiting for them to get on with the penalties. It only warmed up when a line of blokes took a piss at the front and the warmth of drifted backwards....

Them were the days! :rolleyes:

"That'll do nicely!"

76553[/snapback]

120 minutes followed by penalties stood in -10 temperatures just to watch us go out. :(

76605[/snapback]

Yep, I remember stood behind the leazes goal and it being so fucking cold waiting for them to get on with the penalties. It only warmed up when a line of blokes took a piss at the front and the warmth of drifted backwards....

76619[/snapback]

Unless my mind is playing tricks (again!) a certain K.Bond (in the news again today) was playing for Bournemouth??

76573[/snapback]

One of my serious life ambitions is to buy the rights to Radford's goal for the pleasure of turning down anyone who wants to show it ever again.

On today I'm with SpongeBob - "my blood ran cold" is a perfect description.

76573[/snapback]

76589[/snapback]

76594[/snapback]

And there's Mickey Thomas' free-kick for Wrexham when the beat Arsenal - hardly ever see that one. Also when Woking kicked West Brom's arse and Grazioli got a hat-trick - never see that one neither...

Nope, but the fuckers still remind us every year that Stevenage took us to a reply in 1998! :lol:

76612[/snapback]

Coventry and West Brom aren't big clubs now though, Wrexham I believe were a league outfit were they not?

Anyway, that Hereford footage doesn't bother me; too before my time.

"That'll do nicely!"

76553[/snapback]

76605[/snapback]

76619[/snapback]

Unless my mind is playing tricks (again!) a certain K.Bond (in the news again today) was playing for Bournemouth??

76622[/snapback]

I can't remember - what I do remember is we were shit and had we won on pens, it would have been an injustice....

76573[/snapback]

76589[/snapback]

76594[/snapback]

Nope, but the fuckers still remind us every year that Stevenage took us to a reply in 1998! :(

76612[/snapback]

Coventry and West Brom aren't big clubs now though, Wrexham I believe were a league outfit were they not?

Anyway, that Hereford footage doesn't bother me; too before my time.

76625[/snapback]

Renton man, stop fucking splitting hairs - Coventry were the cup holders at the time and West Brom were riding high in the old division 2. Wrexham were in the 4th division but they beat the League Champions for fuck's sake! :lol: