Important to finish above the makems ?

essembeeofsunderland

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never ever care about them. They can do what they want. Success for Newcastle is coming in the top 5 or 6, if they come first I couldn't care less. They're an insignificance who have come in the top ten THREE times in 64 years, why should we notice them. Don't get me wrong people from Newcastle massively and arrogantly look down their nose at them, but I feel people from Gateshead, Durham, South Tyneside, Boldon, Washington etc... care a lot more about them than we do.

I'll say it again because it never sinks in, Sunderland have come in the top 10, THREE times in SIXTY FOUR years. Even if they had one fluke season, history dictates that they'll be shite again soon enough. At least when we have our moments we're generally fuckin very good.

I know the `Top Dog's ' title/award was starting by the smb and they take this `award' extremely serious,if they finish or look like finishing as `Top Dogs'.They have been known ( when they don't finish above us ) to distance themselves from this `award' and even accuse us of starting this `award'. I like finshing above the unwashed but it doesn't make or break my season.

Is that hope or expectation?...do you think if we stay up Pardew will get the bullet anyway?...

Hope.

You never know what goes on behind closed doors so its hard to say, but these days the role of the manager at Newcastle is to coach.

The transfer side of things is set up to work independently so any change in manager should change that brief.

So the call they have to make is whether he is a good coach. Set pieces, sloppy defending, poor attacking, persisting with tactics that don't work, rubbish substitutions (mostly), all don't bode well for him.

It really depends how interested they are in really progressing.

Let's not forget, it was Pardew telling everyone who would listen last April that he wanted a smaller squad.

Hope.

You never know what goes on behind closed doors so its hard to say, but these days the role of the manager at Newcastle is to coach.

The transfer side of things is set up to work independently so any change in manager should change that brief.

So the call they have to make is whether he is a good coach. Set pieces, sloppy defending, poor attacking, persisting with tactics that don't work, rubbish substitutions (mostly), all don't bode well for him.

It really depends how interested they are in really progressing.

Let's not forget, it was Pardew telling everyone who would listen last April that he wanted a smaller squad.

Why would they change that?....Ashley keeps control of finances that way. Fernandes at QPR is the polar opposite if we look at the events of this week.

Sunderland fans care about finishing above us and little else. Theyre defined by their hatred for us rather than anything actually posistive about their own club. Fuckin peasants.

Edited by PaddockLad

You have to work in Sunderland for a few years to understand the mentality of mackems. Imagine if there was a place in Mexico where people haven't really been found by the outside world for 20,000 years, they evolve differently according to their environment, eating habits etc...and can't fully integrate in to the outside world, well that's exactly how I found mackems. They haven't evolved and they have to be seen to be believed. Their attitudes are more 1960's than 1980's even, I refuse to believe there's a more insular group of people anywhere in Europe where there city has more than 200,000 people. Amazing they're 11 miles away and they're completely nothing like us.

Just passing on my views and the views of some smb.They ARE different to us.Gabbiadini,on Radio Newcastle was talking about the Bolton game and said that the makems had 3 of their `big' players missing in Larsson,O'She and Fletcher,hence the poor performance/result.John Anderson pointed out that Bolton had 6 missing.Gabbiadini replied `But we're not talking about the opposition'.Like i said,they are not like us.If you don't know this,you don't know any or have never heard their nonesense.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

You have to work in Sunderland for a few years to understand the mentality of mackems. Imagine if there was a place in Mexico where people haven't really been found by the outside world for 20,000 years, they evolve differently according to their environment, eating habits etc...and can't fully integrate in to the outside world, well that's exactly how I found mackems. They haven't evolved and they have to be seen to be believed. Their attitudes are more 1960's than 1980's even, I refuse to believe there's a more insular group of people anywhere in Europe where there city has more than 200,000 people. Amazing they're 11 miles away and they're completely nothing like us.

Don't forget to mention their weight, Stevie. :good:

;)

I'm more interested in finishing above West Ham/Villa at the moment. They're our competition who I currently dislike above all others...and for reasons to do with what they have recently done to NUFC.

SAFC have not done anything noteworthy to annoy a Newcastle fan since 1990.

I'm more interested in finishing above West Ham/Villa at the moment. They're our competition who I currently dislike above all others...and for reasons to do with what they have recently done to NUFC.

SAFC have not done anything noteworthy to annoy a Newcastle fan since 1990.

Working in Sunderland when they beat us 2-1 both times at SJP, I beg to differ. Truthfully I refuse to believe VE day in London in 1945, was celebrated with more vigour than when they beat us. People cuddling each other at work and everything.

I think anyone who says they don't care if we finish above them or not is lying to themselves tbh.

I'm not even from Newcastle but I'd rather finish above the tramps if I had the choice (and more so than the likes of Villa/West Ham etc).

Obviously it's not a priority though, I'd much rather finish 14th below them than 16th above them, for example.

Working in Sunderland when they beat us 2-1 both times at SJP, I beg to differ. Truthfully I refuse to believe VE day in London in 1945, was celebrated with more vigour than when they beat us. People cuddling each other at work and everything.

:lol:

Every dog has their day.

I think anyone who says they don't care if we finish above them or not is lying to themselves tbh.

I'm not even from Newcastle but I'd rather finish above the tramps if I had the choice (and more so than the likes of Villa/West Ham etc).

There's no animosity whatsoever between me and the odd mackem I know well enough to go for a pint with. We'll chat reasonably about how each team is getting on with the occasional dig just for a laugh.

There are other lads I know though who have a mackem circle of friends and they are constantly on the wind up with each other, straight on their phones, piss taking back and forth when the results come in.

I couldn't be arsed with the effort of that sort of "banter". I'm sure finishing above the mackems means more to them than it does me.

I think when you've been brought up listening to mackem twangs it's easier. As soon as I hear a mackem accent though I want to pour concrete in my ears. It's awful. If I was an employer and I interviewed a Sunderland common "tewny", I'd be saying we'll be in touch after 10 minutes.