Important to finish above the makems ?

essembeeofsunderland

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finishing above them is only ever a real concern if they finish third bottom as it means we can't be relegated or if they finish second as it means we win the league.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to finish above them but I spend less time thinking about it than I do considering whether there is life on another planet somewhere. I wouldn't get more than a momentary feeling of satisfaction that I would forget about in a minute. To them it's a reason to party!

They are definitely different to us in how insular they are and how obsessed they are with us but tbh I've found (from working in both Sunderland and Boro and marrying a makem) that smoggies are much more different to us than makems. They are a breed all to themselves. I couldn't work them out at all and every geordie and makem that I worked with said exactly the same.

You find the odd makem who is reasonable with his views on his club but then he joins a few of his makem mates and logic goes out the window.Every signing they make is a good one.The two they have just signed have met their approval yet not one makem will have seen them play.if they have a good debut ,they are then classes as being good players.Remember how they rejoiced when Brucey became their manager.This was down to the fact they thought he had chosen them over us.His management record suggested mediocrity at best,yet he was the new makem messiah.The last messiah ( Stokoe) had a statue erected in his honour ,and rightly so,because his last major acheivement was taken them down to the old 3rd division. Kevin Ball is another hero and he took them down as well.And as for St Niall Quinn,the makem drink-drive chairman,who regularly suggested he was the biggest makem supporter ever, hasn't been seen anywhere near the sos since he got the push.After 6 years as a makem player,he decided to accept a testimonial so the fans could cough up money for a childrens ward at a makem hospital .He put nowt in but it is his name that is on the building.Chosing the Republic of Ireland as the opposition did his chances no harm with reference to his inclusion in the 2002 world cup squad ( he went to the world cup as a 35 year old has-been ,so his plan worked because the game was used as a warm-up for the competition ).Like i said,they are not like us.

More worried about keeping our own house in check this year - though I do get annoyed at how lucky they get - especially when teams don't seem to turn up against them & I'll be desperate for three points/not to lose come derby day.

The sad thing is they are doing a lot better in this window so far...Putting in ''bids'' & signing players they need. Strange...

You have to work in Sunderland for a few years to understand the mentality of mackems. Imagine if there was a place in Mexico where people haven't really been found by the outside world for 20,000 years, they evolve differently according to their environment, eating habits etc...and can't fully integrate in to the outside world, well that's exactly how I found mackems. They haven't evolved and they have to be seen to be believed. Their attitudes are more 1960's than 1980's even, I refuse to believe there's a more insular group of people anywhere in Europe where 'there city' has more than 200,000 people. Amazing they're 11 miles away and they're completely nothing like us.

No doubt they can't spell either ................

Edited by Banshee

If we're being pedantic here then there's nothing wrong with the spelling of that word.

It's nice to finish above then, I'm not gonna lie. I'm more worried that we're finishing below a squad as bad as theirs. But teams like Fulham, Wigan, Southampton, West Ham, Stoke etc. also come in the same bracket.

Working in Sunderland when they beat us 2-1 both times at SJP, I beg to differ. Truthfully I refuse to believe VE day in London in 1945, was celebrated with more vigour than when they beat us. People cuddling each other at work and everything.

Reminds me of that infamous image of them celebrating after we went down in 09, grown men crying and hugging each other. Couldn't find it though.

So I'll post this instead.

article-1188028-0513DA6D000005DC-253_468x319.jpg

Reminds me of that infamous image of them celebrating after we went down in 09, grown men crying and hugging each other. Couldn't find it though.

So I'll post this instead.

article-1188028-0513DA6D000005DC-253_468x319.jpg

Well there you have it. Proof at long last as to the reason why Robbie Savage hates us.

I'd rather finish 15th and place or two below the makems after a season where we have played in europe,than above them having not played in europe.

I'd rather finish as high as possible, it that means we're lower than them, sobeit. I'm not obsessed about how we compare to them unlike those scruffy scaggs....

You have to work in Sunderland for a few years to understand the mentality of mackems. Imagine if there was a place in Mexico where people haven't really been found by the outside world for 20,000 years, they evolve differently according to their environment, eating habits etc...and can't fully integrate in to the outside world, well that's exactly how I found mackems. They haven't evolved and they have to be seen to be believed. Their attitudes are more 1960's than 1980's even, I refuse to believe there's a more insular group of people anywhere in Europe where there city has more than 200,000 people. Amazing they're 11 miles away and they're completely nothing like us.

I'm a Mackem who has worked in Newcastle for over 5 years and have encountered this kind of bullshit opinion from Geordies over the years, it is regularly pushed as legitimate yet in reality has no real foundation. I do not know Newcastle well but have been asked for my trainers whilst meeting a friend in "Cow Gate" (yes, somebody in an undecipherable accent asked to have my trainers, or trainazz as he said).

Your accents are deploreable; with special emphasis on your double vowel sounds "ee" and "oo" which are unique to England (however can be found in Scotland), you almost pronounce them as an "i" and "u" respectively. If you look across other northern cities; Manchester, Leeds, Hull, Middlesbrough and yes Sunderland the vowels are lengthened (hence the two vowels) as they should be. Your pronunciation of words ending in "-ers" become the hilarious "-azz", you even throw a "y" sound into the word "here" = "hyerr". My personal favourite however is placing your guttural "u" sound where it doesn't belong, for example; The letters "Ur" together make the sound we can all make in words such as "Burn", "Hurt", "Work", "World" etc, however you decide to substitute this for a caveman grunt when it comes to; "Hurry", "Worry" and "Durham".

For clarity I supervise over a floor of more than 50 people, when i joined I'd estimate 80-90% of the floor were Geordies, over the years I've managed to get this down to around 50-60%.

:thumbup:

Edited by Beda

great post on the smb about this thread

Is this the same set of fans who scream messiah at every person to go that revolving managerial door? Ignoring that 2 of their messiahs were in charge in the season they went down?

Or the same of fans who got Bobby Robson sacked, and then jumped on his death like he was some kind of Geordie saint, ignoring that they hounded him out of the club?

Or the same fans who hounded Sam Allardyce out of the club, claiming he didn't know what he was doing? And then Keegan and Shearer came along and showed exactly what they could do.

Or the same fans who held up banners, badly spelt bed sheets and screamed about the cockney mafia, just a few months after singing, dancing, cuddling and getting their oversized guts out with Mike Ashley in the stands? And then claiming him as some kind of adopted Geordie son when he necked a pint at Arsenal?

Or the same fans who take the piss out of our attendances, ignoring that they got only 15000 for a game at the Wongadome just a few year ago?

Or the same fans who bang on and on and on about their great European adventures this season, and then took 47 to Greece?

Or the same set of fans that smashed up their own city after losing a cup final. Two years in a row I might add.

Or the same set of fans who sing about Pardew being their king?

Or the same set of fans that held a funeral for the name of their ground? They even had a coffin for fucks sake!

Or the same set of fans who get their players to hold up witty little signs, mocking us poor little 'Makems/Makums/Mackums/Macams/Makams?

Or the same set of fans that mock accents, ignoring the fact that some of dialect is the most embarrassing shite ever, and gets national viewing on Geordie Shore?

Or the same set of fans that think cheesy chips and blue pop are some kind of insult, despite them being sold in every city and town around the country?

Or the same set of fans that take the piss out of places like Pennywell, ignoring that they have Benwell and Bykaaaaaa in their postcode?

Or the same fans that the whole country laughs at when they get their tits out on national telly every game, dancing about like Jabba in jeans, waving their free black and white scarf above their heads, leaving their gravy stained 1992 home shirt on the deck, whilst shouting 'toon toon'?

Nah, can't be. Can it?

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=756472&page=6#ixzz2IWBMpqyb

I wish my life was so empty that I could draw emotional fulfillment from deliberately signing up to a message board for my team's rivals and trying pitifully to wind them up.

You find the odd makem who is reasonable with his views on his club but then he joins a few of his makem mates and logic goes out the window.Every signing they make is a good one.The two they have just signed have met their approval yet not one makem will have seen them play.if they have a good debut ,they are then classes as being good players.Remember how they rejoiced when Brucey became their manager.This was down to the fact they thought he had chosen them over us.His management record suggested mediocrity at best,yet he was the new makem messiah.The last messiah ( Stokoe) had a statue erected in his honour ,and rightly so,because his last major acheivement was taken them down to the old 3rd division. Kevin Ball is another hero and he took them down as well.And as for St Niall Quinn,the makem drink-drive chairman,who regularly suggested he was the biggest makem supporter ever, hasn't been seen anywhere near the sos since he got the push.After 6 years as a makem player,he decided to accept a testimonial so the fans could cough up money for a childrens ward at a makem hospital .He put nowt in but it is his name that is on the building.Chosing the Republic of Ireland as the opposition did his chances no harm with reference to his inclusion in the 2002 world cup squad ( he went to the world cup as a 35 year old has-been ,so his plan worked because the game was used as a warm-up for the competition ).Like i said,they are not like us.

Your post about Niall Quinn is utter drivel. Saved the club by bringing in first Drumaville then Ellis Short and left the club in good hands. has been over to the sol numerous times since he left but stays out of club business. Had a good world cup in 2002 and set up Irelands goal against Germany but never mind the facts eh. His donation from his testimonial was an excellent gesture and indicative of the man.