Important to finish above the makems ?

essembeeofsunderland

look - i never intended getting into who has the best houses debate - all im saying is you cant generalise and say people from sunderland are all inbred, on the dole and all that shit. My dad was born a Geordie and moved to Sunderland hence i support SAFC and follow newcastle as well in a funny sort of way. I myself have never been on the dole, none of my mates have and all have decent jobs, earn decent money and live in decent houses in Sunderland. I also have good friends who follow newcastle in fact one of my mates is an editor of one of your Fanzines - its all good banter. Come derby day its business as usual but without the banter and rivalry it would be a dull day in North east football. Surely we agree on that

If you feel like that, why the wind up user name?.....not that I'm remotely offended, but ffs, come on :lol:

Are all mackems a bit confused?...oops! another generalisation, you dont like them do you?.....

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look - i never intended getting into who has the best houses debate - all im saying is you cant generalise and say people from sunderland are all inbred, on the dole and all that shit. My dad was born a Geordie and moved to Sunderland hence i support SAFC and follow newcastle as well in a funny sort of way. I myself have never been on the dole, none of my mates have and all have decent jobs, earn decent money and live in decent houses in Sunderland. I also have good friends who follow newcastle in fact one of my mates is an editor of one of your Fanzines - its all good banter. Come derby day its business as usual but without the banter and rivalry it would be a dull day in North east football. Surely we agree on that

i agree with everything you say. i don't think many on here share stevie's broadbrush view of opposition towns and the people that populate them. he's unique in that respect.

sunderland city centre is a fairly depressing place but there are nice enough places to live outside the city. i'm probably in the minority here but i actually like to see sunderland do well. it's good for the north east. i lived in washington for a bit, where there were as many mackems as geordies, and i've got a few mates that are sunderland fans. i enjoy the deby match day banter but generally would prefer sunderland to stay in the top flight. i'd rather we finished above you, obviously, but i won't lose sleep if we don't, unless we were going head to head for the title or a european spot ... like that's ever going to happen.

i think the most important thing as far as most people on this board is concerned though is we don't go down, where few of us are really thinking about whether we finish above your lot or not. i wouldn't say that was the case among sunderland fans. let's face it, you're midtable at best and have spent more years than not in newcastle's shadow. finishing above us is one of the main goals for sunderland fans most seasons in a way that doesn't apply to us.

Hang on, so you're saying we can't say you're inbred and thick, live in shitholes, eat cheesey chips, having nothing famous about you other than your association with us, but there has to be banter?

which is it? "Banter", or no?

So on which million pound estate do you live on Mr Fish - come on tell me you are a 50% tax payer and thats the norm where you live

So on which million pound estate do you live on Mr Fish - come on tell me you are a 50% tax payer and thats the norm where you live

Not sure I follow your logic?

You say we shouldn't generalise, yet say there should be banter, I question this (how can there be banter without generalisations) and then you demand I tell you where I live?

fwiw I moved to London where the roads are paved with gold, the people wear these things called "jackets" and the sinks have three taps, hot water, cold water and Moet; chilled to perfection

Edited by The Fish

i agree with everything you say. i don't think many on here share stevie's broadbrush view of opposition towns and the people that populate them. he's unique in that respect.

sunderland city centre is a fairly depressing place but there are nice enough places to live outside the city. i'm probably in the minority here but i actually like to see sunderland do well. it's good for the north east. i lived in washington for a bit, where there were as many mackems as geordies, and i've got a few mates that are sunderland fans. i enjoy the deby match day banter but generally would prefer sunderland to stay in the top flight. i'd rather we finished above you, obviously, but i won't lose sleep if we don't, unless we were going head to head for the title or a european spot ... like that's ever going to happen.

i think the most important thing as far as most people on this board is concerned though is we don't go down, where few of us are really thinking about whether we finish above your lot or not. i wouldn't say that was the case among sunderland fans. let's face it, you're midtable at best and have spent more years than not in newcastle's shadow. finishing above us is one of the main goals for sunderland fans most seasons in a way that doesn't apply to us.

I agree with some of your comments Dr Gloom although not all. I would never generalise and say all Geordies were inbred or all the other shit just because ive seen the odd one being interviewed making a tit of himself. That was my point amd for what its worth i hope you dont go down nor us for that matter as we are not safe either. I do business with Geordies, I have no beef with them - its just banter adn i certainly wouldnt insult them by saying they were all this or that. Im a fair bloke

Not sure I follow your logic?

You say we shouldn't generalise, yet say there should be banter, I question this (how can there be banter without generalisations) and then you demand I tell you where I live?

fwiw I moved to London where the roads are paved with gold, the people wear these things called "jackets" and the sinks have three taps, hot water, cold water and Moet; chilled to perfection

Just curious as to whether you fit into the Economic group that 'you' clearly beleive all Geordies do and Mackems dont thats all. How much tax do you pay, what do you drive - all legitimate questions seeing as you started it

Just curious as to whether you fit into the Economic group that 'you' clearly beleive all Geordies do and Mackems dont thats all. How much tax do you pay, what do you drive - all legitimate questions seeing as you started it

:lol:

Where have I said this? Of have you become a little confused?

McFaul stated you'd struggle to find properties in sunderland for over £350k & you said otherwise (citing a few locations), I did a quick search and found the evidence supported him and not you.

I'm not going to tell you what I earn, I don't own a car; It's wasteful in London when I can get everywhere in Hackney Cabs or on the Tube...

If you feel like that, why the wind up user name?.....not that I'm remotely offended, but ffs, come on :lol:

Are all mackems a bit confused?...oops! another generalisation, you dont like them do you?.....

no offence taken you overweight pasty eating, husband of a dog, geordie shore wanabee - all good banter

:lol:

Where have I said this? Of have you become a little confused?

McFaul stated you'd struggle to find properties in sunderland for over £350k & you said otherwise (citing a few locations), I did a quick search and found the evidence supported him and not you.

I'm not going to tell you what I earn, I don't own a car; It's wasteful in London when I can get everywhere in Hackney Cabs or on the Tube...

ahh the truths coming out now - you dont even live here - nice one

ahh the truths coming out now - you dont even live here - nice one

:lol: again, I'm not sure of the relevance? I think you've confused yourself quite a bit today.

You've signed up to an opposition message board with a wum username calling for a cessation of generalistions, yet suggesting that it's all banter anyway. Then when a member of this board suggests sunderland doesn't have as many higher-end properties as Newcastle, you state otherwise. I refute this and suddenly you're demanding to know my income and car?

Basically, sunderland fans care far more about Newcastle than we do about them, generally speaking.

:lol: again, I'm not sure of the relevance? I think you've confused yourself quite a bit today.

You've signed up to an opposition message board with a wum username calling for a cessation of generalistions, yet suggesting that it's all banter anyway. Then when a member of this board suggests sunderland doesn't have as many higher-end properties as Newcastle, you state otherwise. I refute this and suddenly you're demanding to know my income and car?

Basically, sunderland fans care far more about Newcastle than we do about them, generally speaking.

Thats your opinion my friend - My request as to your financial status was merely to establish the credebilty of your argument and "generalisation" and for no other reason. If my dad had not left Newcastle in the 1960's i could easily have been brought up in West Denton where he lived. I now have a better life but i dont subscribe to the "all geordies are scruffy, thick etc etc". Surely you see where im coming from.

Thats your opinion my friend - My request as to your financial status was merely to establish the credebilty of your argument and "generalisation" and for no other reason. If my dad had not left Newcastle in the 1960's i could easily have been brought up in West Denton where he lived. I now have a better life but i dont subscribe to the "all geordies are scruffy, thick etc etc". Surely you see where im coming from.

Which argument is that then? That generalisations are part and parcel of "banter" and that will forever be the case? don't you see that you calling for there to be no generalistaions is in direct opposition for your support of "banter"?

Which argument is that then? That generalisations are part and parcel of "banter" and that will forever be the case? don't you see that you calling for there to be no generalistaions is in direct opposition for your support of "banter"?

If i called your mother a sl*g would it be a disrespectful insult or just banter. There is a difference.

If i called your mother a sl*g would it be a disrespectful insult or just banter. There is a difference.

Well, it wouldn't be a generalisation, for a start.

If 2000 mackems said to 50,000 Geordies that all their mothers were slags, that would be "banter".

I can't believe you're struggling with this.

I call you thick, because so far I've yet to see evidence to the contrary and plenty to support it. That, sir, is an insult.

I call mackems thick because they're rivals.

You call my mam a slag to insult me

You call all Geordie women slags because they're rivals.

I don't know how to make it simpler....

Incredible people. They've done a thread about toontastic on their board, one of the blokes is actually trying to abuse OUR accent :lol: :lol:

Without question, not even banter, there are about what? 700m people worldwide who would class English as their first language. There's accents everywhere from Melbourne to Texas to Derry to Durban. I'm telling you this straight, not one is harder to listen to than mackem. I accept it might be partly bigoted but you hear a mackem accent, and you just pity them. You do, this isn't banter it's stating a fact. There's hardly one word they pronounce that is easy to listen to without you concentrating more on how they've said than the message they're trying to communicate. They are generally just common as fuck, they refuse to pronounce h's followed by vowels, they're desperate to be noticed but never will.

How many times have Sunderland been mentioned on here recently? They're never mentioned generally apart from two big threads which are over a year old. A quick look on RTG shows there are 9 Newcastle topics on their front page, that's before you even get to the one about this board. They try to console themselves with "we-uh bo-ath as bad as eych uthur reyley" we're just not though. We don't care. If Sunderland won the FA Cup, I'd say fair play to the tramps. I remember when Boro and Sunderland went down on the same day, we celebrated Champions League qualification, we were so happy with the CL didn't bat an eye lid about the mackems. Shoe on the other foot, and the CL would be a foot note for them. They are the most downtrodden small minded people on these islands, and I think their major problem is lack of identity, which manifests itself in a hatred of geordies and NUFC. We're aware of who we are, so is the rest of the country, Sunderland if known at all, is known as a shithole near Newcastle, it's no wonder they are the way they are collectively, and have little or no self-esteem as a group.

Edited by McFaul

There's the bait. Any lurking mackems going to bite?

It's not bait though, it's what I think. You have no real place trying to gauge popular opinion, seeing as though you've been away 20 years and couldn't see yourself living anywhere but London. You're the only toon fan I know with any time for Everton or Sunderland for example. Out of touch with reality, although I wouldn't worry about it. When was the last time you went to say 3 home games in a season? 20 years, understandable, but don't make out to these people that you're some sort of voice of the people. Most of my mates are more scornful of mackems than I am.

A recent highlight of this forum, is the mackem defending Sunderland by using somewhere on South Tyneside in its' defence. :lol: pmsl

You really could not make that up. "Eet ees Soolun een eet? Cleydon?!?! Soonlun man! Bewtuful anarrl"

From that thread you mention is this pearler...

http://www.readytogo...1&postcount=130

I have inflitrated one of the major mag boards and I have managed to wing myself into a position of some authority - and let me tell you that their obsession is unhealthy.

Now, I'm not sure if this Sir Ricky character is an undercover mag, but if not, there's some major Irony right there.

As far as the obsessed argument goes, as much as I call them it enough, I'm probably not the best one to question it, given the Twitter account. However, I would argue that I'm one person who has managed to find, literally hundreds, nay, Thousands of posts showing Mackems discussing/obsessing about NUFC - yet they simply throw back the fact I have that account as some sort of justification.

Its getting fun at the moment like, with them being higher up the table. All crawling out of their shells now, like.

Edited by MackemLogic

Re: Accent

The Wearside accent is a kick in arse off a Teesside accent which is in turn a kick in the arse from a York/North Yorks accent. It's generally accepted that most accents are a continuum, one interpretation of the Wearside accent could be a blend of Tyneside and Teesside, which would suggest to me if you can't understand a Sunderland accent you wouldn't have a snowball in hells chance of understanding anything further away.

Think of this though, although most accents are a continuum, I'd say Newcastle/Tyneside/Northumberland is a bit unusual in that it borders Scotland. External pressures that cause accents to change in Scottish and Northumberland accents historically have essentially been polar opposites; whilst Geordies have become more and more English sounding (non-rhotic among other features) the Scottish accents in the Borders are absorbing more and more features associated with Central Scotland.

In short, Geordies have by far the more non-standard or unique accent when compared to Sunderland or any other place south of the Tyne.

TORKY BORGAZZ!!