Massadio Haïdara signs for Newcastle on 5.5 year deal

Tooj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on about your post on Debuchy.

Well discuss Debuchy then!

Have you seen a vast improvement in his first two games over Simpson?

His crossings been poor and defensively I cant say theres a big wow from Simpson.

Thats not to say he wont settle in and get better, but so far hasnt wowed me :lol:

(I would say however that I watched the last game on a fairly shit stream) ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree

[/size]

Well discuss Debuchy then!

Have you seen a vast improvement in his first two games over Simpson?

His crossings being poor and defensively I cant say theres a big wow from Simpson.

Thats not to say he wont settle in and get better, but so far hasnt wowed me :lol:

(I would say however that I watched the last game on a fairly shit stream) ;)

At Norwich the whole team's remit was to defend. In the last game I thought some of his runs and crosses put Simpson to shame.

Its early days but to me Debuchy has shown signs of being a canny player. Looks quick enough, comfortable on the ball, brave and importantly seems to instinctively look for the positive option. Simpson is a trier but hopelessly out of position so often its not true, and I've got to try hard to remember anyone who looked less able with the ball at his feet apart from Williamson! Something about his performances at fullback put me in mind of his almost namesake Mark Stimpson, what a donkey he was!

No, but you are ignoring the conversation. The posts before mine described him as class and that we should have back up for him. My opinion, (like yours it seems), is that he is not class, he has potential, he is good going forward at times, but defensively he, to use Toms word is lack lustre.

All the above being the case, it is no great contrary statement to say I would prefer a finished article with him as the you pretender to the throne. Nowt wrong with that statement at all.

That is what we should be aiming for.

Sure, a striker is more of a priority etc but that still doesnt make my point stupid.

Assists don't show the full picture; if for example Debuchy drives down the wing, skips past a couple of tackles, whips in an amazing cross, Shola goes for the header, but succeeds in nodding the ball down to Cabaye who buries it. Shola gets the assist.

Not a pop at you CT, just aiming for balance

Edited by The Fish