Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's looked a lot better in more difficult games. He's a funny character, a bit jittery as he was described to me when we signed him. Could see that side of him tonight, thought he looked very poor. Better that he has that sort of game tonight than in the league.

I would much rather give him a consistsnt run in the team to try and build a better understansing with / learn on the job with Colo. while I think Taylor will be Colo's main partner this season, he shouldn't be allowed to walk straight back in after Fulham, he needs to understand he can't put the team in such stupid positions time and time again and no learn anything from it

Edited by scotty84

I'm putting it down to being low in confidence because of the numpties playing in front of him. He showed signs of ability when he first joined.

Debuchy is the one that concerns me. He's never really looked like the player that played so well for France at the last Euros.

I'm putting it down to being low in confidence because of the numpties playing in front of him. He showed signs of ability when he first joined.

All our new signings had twice the skillset before they got to know the way Pardew was playing. The talent in our club has been knocked down to bullshit level because we ain't got any proper wits or halfwits to give the lads some real coaching.

Really liking Colo and Mbiwa at centre back and I hope Pardew has the courage to stick with the two that're working well and doesn't immediately let Taylor back in the 1st team.

They've had a nice run of games with Maiga, Morcambe and Berbatov(uninterested) as opposition. Benteke with test them.

True, but I think with Benteke it's imperative you stifle the supply. Big game for Sissoko/Anita/Cabaye as if they can boss the inexperienced central midfielders that Villa field and stop the ball getting to the big man we should be ok. I know it's away so it's likely Pardew will field a 451, but I think we can stymie their threat without coming under a lot of pressure from Benteke.