Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mbiwa was shit at fulback and shit in his prefered position in central defence.When it was clear he was shit in the centre,posters on here wanted him chosen as fulback.I questioned the reasoning why there should be a place for him at fulback but none came.When he was then shit at fulback,posters jumped to his defence and said he is not playing in his best positiion.In his best position he was shit,and as shit as i have ever seen in a black and white shirt.He couldn't win a header,he couldn't tackle,he was weak as piss when the game became physical,he couldn't read the game.He was total shit.

Watch him be Roma's best defender this season. The guy was simply not given time to settle into the side and as a result he's been labelled 'shit'. Now we've lost Colo's long term replacement and have to settle for starting the confirmed shit that is Mike Williamson in the meantime.

46 appearances in a black and white shirt to impress at fulback and central defence.I never saw anything in his game. Totally unsuitable for the Premier League.We have a stronger squad wirth him out of it.Williamson is a better central defender than Mbiwa.So were Glen Keeley and Kenny Mitchell.Scott and Bird.Burton and McNamee.Dabizas and Peacock.Barton and Howard.Marceleno and ........err maybe not Marceleno.

If Pardew gets all the blame when a player comes from a different league and does shit, does he get all the praise when they do well? Debuchy, Cabaye, Cisse, Sissoko, Haidara, etc. Does that mean Pardew is an absolute genius when it comes to developing foreign talent?

My feeling is that a lot of it depends on the player, and blaming Pardew for a Ligue 1 player not living up to the hype in the Premier League is a bit ridiculous. He played at CB and he was terrible (Everton game comes to mind).

Loaning him out was stupid, but Pardew is not the lone reason he wasn't a good player for us.

I would say that the players with true class (and I'd not say Haidara, Sissoko or Cisse deserve to be in the same bracket as Cabaye & Debuchy) have shown that despite Pardew's tactics they're quality players. It helps that he played through Cabaye but my point is that they were so obviously better than us even Pardew couldn't ruin them.

Sissoko & Mbiwa, both came with good reputations and haven't kicked on under Pardew at all, it'd be reasonable to say that they've at best stagnated.

Look at the players that have done well; Williamson, Perch, Colback ... They're limited players. Those that have stagnated are just better footballers than Pardew ever was.

Keegan was able to get the best out of average players because he worked damned hard, he was that damned good.

Pardew gets credit where it's due, but it's not due here.

Too many players these days couldn't give a toss.One big contract and they are set for life.We are giving players there first big-ish contract which will set them up for a comfortable life after football,even if they retire after their 5 year contract at £20,000 a week ends.Do our players really `hurt' after a defeat or simply get a shower and head on down to Osborne Road.Where are the players who are busting a gut for NUFC.Where are the crunching tackles to get the crowd worked up.Where is the chasing down of back passes to the opposition keeper.Where is the 90 mins of hustle and bustle.Where is the fuckin pride in wearing the black and white stripes of Newcastle United Footbal Club.Too many couldn't give a flying fuck about us,the team or the club.

Too many players these days couldn't give a toss.One big contract and they are set for life.We are giving players there first big-ish contract which will set them up for a comfortable life after football,even if they retire after their 5 year contract at £20,000 a week ends.Do our players really `hurt' after a defeat or simply get a shower and head on down to Osborne Road.Where are the players who are busting a gut for NUFC.Where are the crunching tackles to get the crowd worked up.Where is the chasing down of back passes to the opposition keeper.Where is the 90 mins of hustle and bustle.Where is the fuckin pride in wearing the black and white stripes of Newcastle United Footbal Club.Too many couldn't give a flying fuck about us,the team or the club.

What's any of that got to do with Mbiwa not being good enough?

• 2 weeks later...

Looked good playing for a team ten times our calibre against a team a hundred times better than us in a competitive match the importance of which our lot can only imagine at. Not as good as Willo though ffs.

Were none of those complaining about Mbiwa not watching the Spurs game he bossed? He was unfairly dropped out of the team after a good run of games at that time because Colo was fit, and then told to play wherever he was needed across the back. The fault is with the manager not the player for destroying his confidence.

If Pardew had had Philippe Albert, he would have made him stay back and kick the ball long. The man simply has no concept of matching individual ability to his imagined system. Never has had - hence Mascherano and Tevez being on the bench at West Ham.

Couldn't we wait till the end of the season? I can't see his value dropping massively, more than likely it'd get higher.

Good times for the guy himself though, couldn't have worked out much better given the circumstances. Playing in a good league, for a great Champions League club, with a manager who knows what he can do. Given his choices were stay with us or play for decent but not spectacular French clubs for much of the window, I'd say he's done alright for himself.

Sounds like we've agreed a £4m fee from Roma.

Madness

That'll be on top of the loan fee, so we wont have lost too much.

I thought the option to buy was included in the initial loan, so dont think we have done anything recently.

Edited by Phil

Couldn't we wait till the end of the season? I can't see his value dropping massively, more than likely it'd get higher.

Good times for the guy himself though, couldn't have worked out much better given the circumstances. Playing in a good league, for a great Champions League club, with a manager who knows what he can do. Given his choices were stay with us or play for decent but not spectacular French clubs for much of the window, I'd say he's done alright for himself.

He could get injured - ACL etc...

That'll be on top of the loan fee, so we wont have lost too much.

I thought the option to buy was included in the initial loan, so dont think we have done anything recently.

The loan fee was £1m and we're paying 80% of his wages. I'd say we've made a fair loss on him.