Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

I'm sure after the last week with the Remy affair we won't be getting our hopes up with this but this guy is a real quality player and if we manage to sign him up I'd be very happy. This would take the edge of Colo going in my opinion.

23 years old and can play all along the back but prefers the central role.

Sources on twitter claim that Sky Sports news reckon we've agreed a fee.

Edited by 2bias

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New thread Jinx. :unsure2:

I don't usually make threads so hopefully not!

8 million euros for someone who captained their side to the title last season. Very hard to not your hopes with this.

Nah.

I posted on Newcastle-Online a couple of days ago when people were mentioning his name that I really don't think it is realistic as he will have far better options than us. Not to mention he's mentioned he wants to play for either AC Milan or Man Utd.

Hope I'm wrong like but can't see it happening at all.

A bit more for you as well Christmas Tree. He's really fast, very good on the ball so comfortable bringing it out from defence. He's also really good in the air quite strong too and also a very good leader. So basically he has all of the attributes to be one of the best central defenders around.

As I've said I do not think for one moment we will sign him but if we did to me this would be our best signing since Ben Arfa.

The guy is quality, 23 years old and already a top defender.

I said in another thread we have no chance if this was made public, lets hope this guy has good people around him ( Not Willie Mckay ) and he wants to come for the right reasons.

Edited by 2bias

Get him tied up and then spend the rest of the window getting that striker in. Being able to fully concentrate on one position would help us.

In a way I'm more worried about the striker situation. I've got this vision of Cisse getting injured and us not bringing anyone in. We could likely do better than Remy really, guy has a lot of flaws.

BBC reporting that a fee is agreed, but it's the contracts that will fuck us in the arse I reckon.

"Our offer is half of what Harry will offer tomorrow, now go home and have a think about it."