Anyone suffer from insomnia?

Dr Gloom

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's all these insomniacs then? Talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Nearly ten past two in the morning and not a sign of them! No doubt in bed sleeping like babies. Fucking lightweights.

;)

Morning btw.

White noise always gets me to sleep. If I was ever struggling to sleep when I was younger I would listen to radio interference and would be out for the count. I downloaded an app called Simply Noise which allows you to listen to White, Pink, and Brown noise. I know this sounds a bit random, but it's a great way to get babies off to sleep as well. Don't know why, but always found it comforting and a great way to send me to sleep.

White noise always gets me to sleep. If I was ever struggling to sleep when I was younger I would listen to radio interference and would be out for the count. I downloaded an app called Simply Noise which allows you to listen to White, Pink, and Brown noise. I know this sounds a bit random, but it's a great way to get babies off to sleep as well. Don't know why, but always found it comforting and a great way to send me to sleep.

Brown noise :lol:

How very unusual. I've never heard of that type of sound sending people to sleep :o Or of it being relaxing or comforting in any way! It sounds like my idea of hell, I've got really good hearing, I often hear high pitch noises from monitors and such like that no one else seems to hear, and it drives me mad.

I'd only put the computer on if I'd given up and just got up. Then again, sleeping isn't the problem, it's waking up and not getting back to sleep but that's the nature of coming off night shift sometimes.

:(

Brown noise :lol:

:lol:

I often wake in the night and agonise over the choice - Pink or Brown?

:lol:

I often wake in the night and agonise over the choice - Pink or Brown?

And then you hear the brown noise and shoot for pink.

For Newcastle this would be madness but here as it's generally hotter I always have a fan running.

Similar thought to white noise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've not slept properly in 5 days... proper climbing the walls!

Go through spells of this and then fine for ages before falling back in to the same pattern.

Since the clocks went forward? Me too. I think it's because I'm an hour away from my usual tired but then worried as its late and I'm not sleeping. Having to get up early at the same time has left me a bit knackered this week.

Since the clocks went forward? Me too. I think it's because I'm an hour away from my usual tired but then worried as its late and I'm not sleeping. Having to get up early at the same time has left me a bit knackered this week.

yeah it is actually... could be part of the reason. I've worked about 90 hours over the last 9 days without a day off too so think that's not helping. My mind is too active and I need to find a way to shut off before bed but no idea how?