History of NUFC forums

sammynb

THe linuxdriven board is only recent news. Some of us on there posted on the nufc.co.uk boards before that. The linuxdriven board was advertised for a shortwhile on .com - which put the userbase through the roof. The banner was taken down a little while later as Niall / Biffa were receiving compaints and messages about the contents of "Their" forum.

Most of the users that posted on the .co.uk boards and migrated to linuxdriven died out sometime while linuxdriven was still going I think, or changed persona. I remember a thread on there discussing the implications of the millenium bug... jesus. We are going back a little while now. :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started using the original toontastic what must be more than a decade ago, which is scary. I used to post a lot as I worked for the local authority and farting about was much easier to do. I did try NO and do still have an account on there, but I found I don't really identify with a lot of the posters on there. Comes across as a young uns place. That's no criticism of it by the way, horses for courses, I just find it the forum equivalent of me walking into a nightclub.

I signed up for NO and TT at around the same time in 2005 I think, so wasn't involved with the earlier boards. I didn't post on TT in those days, I thought the place was a private members' club.... I used to spend a lot of time on NO at work and at one point Parky, Chez, Alex, Geordie Messiah and I even contributed articles to the site for a while. However iirc NO became dominated by Keegan haters and after I moved to NZ it got to the point when I couldn't bear to go on there to read the ignorant shit they came out with. Parky suggested the craic would be better on here and I've been posting here ever since. I rarely go on NO these days, but that's not because of the place, I just don't have the time ttt.

I got in trouble a few years ago (maybe 2007/8), can't remember which form of the site it was but it was flagged at work as the most viewed website in our company. Out of about 150 people, Google was 2nd. :lol:

I got in trouble a few years ago (maybe 2007/8), can't remember which form of the site it was but it was flagged at work as the most viewed website in our company. Out of about 150 people, Google was 2nd. :lol:

:lol:

Class. Any personal site I use at work mysteriously becomes blocked after a while if I overuse it, including this one. Pain in the arse being forced to use a phone.

I signed up for NO and TT at around the same time in 2005 I think, so wasn't involved with the earlier boards. I didn't post on TT in those days, I thought the place was a private members' club.... I used to spend a lot of time on NO at work and at one point Parky, Chez, Alex, Geordie Messiah and I even contributed articles to the site for a while. However iirc NO became dominated by Keegan haters and after I moved to NZ it got to the point when I couldn't bear to go on there to read the ignorant shit they came out with. Parky suggested the craic would be better on here and I've been posting here ever since. I rarely go on NO these days, but that's not because of the place, I just don't have the time ttt.

The things we used to cook up for those articles. :lol:

If anyone's interested, step into my time machine to November 2002...

http://web.archive.o...2f41195618323c0

I can clearly remember Blackadder's nonsensical "Shearer out" thread like it were yesteday. Need to fill my brain with more important data : ))

i can see a thread started by me :lol:

and loads of old names you don't see about anymore

how the fuck did blaydon make moderator?

Fuck me I didn't think I'd been on that long but I remember that board and so many names of posters on there (remember you as Dan when I first started Gloomy).

Was that the one linked on .com? I think that was when I started. I remember when I left my job at that time my boss said to me when I handed my notice in that she knew I'd do well in my new job as long as I stayed off Toon Chat and Championship Manager which I spent roughly two weeks per month on!

Fuck me I didn't think I'd been on that long but I remember that board and so many names of posters on there (remember you as Dan when I first started Gloomy).

Was that the one linked on .com? I think that was when I started. I remember when I left my job at that time my boss said to me when I handed my notice in that she knew I'd do well in my new job as long as I stayed off Toon Chat and Championship Manager which I spent roughly two weeks per month on!

Aye, pretty sure that was the original one linked from nufc.com - the good old days of 'is viana a defensive midfielder?' debates with Blaydon

Aye, pretty sure that was the original one linked from nufc.com - the good old days of 'is viana a defensive midfielder?' debates with Blaydon

Those were the days. Was it Blaydon who had multiple id's? He was actually a canny poster most of the time if memory serves.