Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks to the 2nd half. We were playing a team who's manager is about to be sacked and that was a fucking massive 3points.

Another week closer to HBA coming back, the new boys bedding in and Cabaye getting fitter.

I didn't disagree hugely with the subs. Mapou made some great blocks, Jonas did the same(being kept on), Gouffran was out of ideas and Sissoko was fucked(so was Yohan). Shola in theory(hold the ball up/block Benteke at set pieces) was good in theory. Shola was pants in their half. Good in ours.

Hope Karma comes back to haunt Villa this season for taking the piss out of us when we got relegated. God knows how we made it through that Jekyll & Hyde performance but hopefully it's our turning point of the season, I still have the feeling Pardew has slipped in to cluelessness though - he doesn't seem to have any idea of what's needed at any given time.

How on earth can you go from total domination to fucking hanging on for dear life?

Too many games like that under Pardew - before the signings I said his instinct to back pedal would cost us and it still might.

How on earth can you go from total domination to fucking hanging on for dear life?

Like Reading, opposition change their tactics and we don't have a clue how to adapt.

Brutal 2nd half, Krul definitely MoM, kept us in it

I think it's natural arses got twitchy in that second half but some way OTT negative reactions to our first away win of the season.

Our first half was inspired by Sissoko and Gouffran. They disappeared second half. there was no way they were gonna keep up the pace they had set, even if Villa hadn't taken it up a notch. As it was,Villa went up 3 gears. Sissoko was dropped deeper at the expense of Perch, but he still wasn't getting involved.

The subs? No surprise either of the new 2 went off, or that the other new lad came on. So the complaints are Perch came off or Shola/Anita came on.

There was no-one else on the bench I particularly fancied coming on.

Villa were always going to come out firing in the second half, they made 2 good subs and scored a goal early on.. No surprise nerves kicked in and they became the better side.

They've still got some quality going forward as they showed against West Brom the other night (and Bradford too).

That penalty (which was never a penalty) knocked the stuffing out of us and filled their sails. That doesn't excuse our complete inability to get, use or hold onto the ball.

Subs were baffling, Jonas should have gone off for Haidara or a pacy wing player, If Perch was tiring bring on Anita not Shola, Baffling.

Pardew cannot rely on winning games this way, it will happen only against a team where half the squad came directly from the u18's and we will still struggle.... he has lost the whole plot if he ever had it.

If anyone expected a 2nd half performance to match the first, they're deluded.

Agbonlahor took the piss out of Debuchy and they didn't let Santon carry the ball out like they had given him free reign to do first half. Cabaye & Sissoko tired and they scored one dodgy peno.

Delighted with that win.

I think it's natural arses got twitchy in that second half but some way OTT negative reactions to our first away with of the season.

Our first half was inspired by Sissoko and Gouffran. They disappeared second half. there was no way they were gonna keep up the pace they had set, even if Villa hadn't taken it up a notch. As it was,Villa went up 3 gears. Sissoko was dropped deeper at the expense of Perch, but he still wasn't getting involved.

The subs? No surprise either of the new 2 went off, or that the other new lad came on. So the complaints are Perch came off or Shola/Anita came on.

There was no-one else on the bench I particularly fancied coming on.

Spot on. Don't think some realise the pressure both sets of players and managers were operating under.

Subs were baffling, Jonas should have gone off for Haidara or a pacy wing player, If Perch was tiring bring on Anita not Shola, Baffling.

Haidara wasn't even on the bench for some strange reason...