Yoan Gouffran

Tooj

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/341268/bordeaux-gouffran-tout-proche-de-newcastle/

Newcastle has found common ground with Yoan Gouffran , striker Bordeaux , on the basis of a contract of 5 years. According to a source close to the English training, an agreement was also found between the Girondins and the Magpies for a transfer of 1, 5 million. The 26-year-old is expected in the next few hours across the Channel. Except ultimate rebound, Gouffran sign his contract in stride.

I thought that this was now thread worthy. :up:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this guy is in addition to a replacement for Ba rather than being his actual replacement. Our shit form appears to have Ashley shitting himself at missing out in the TV money next season

Agree. Considering we had 8 mil on the table for Remy and Gouffran will be around 1 mil mark I'd hope there would be more available for another striker. But with this management's track record and Pardew's comments about "1 or 2" players in before the end of the month then I wouldn't be suprised if this was it.

Saw him against PSG on ESPN playing the number 9 central role and looked ok although was quiet. (Was playing PSG though) He seems to read the play well and get into pockets of space.

We need a ball holder/upper if that's what Stevie meant - very underestimated part of Ba's game.

I'm counting this bloke as a better version of Obertan going by his YouTube thing.

We don't need a tall striker at all.

Someone else said this to me today as well. Course we need a tall striker, who do we have that can hold the ball up adequately in the entire club? No one. Not one player, we need a big striker at least as strong as Ba, especially with rapeys lust for direct football.

We need a ball holder/upper if that's what Stevie meant - very underestimated part of Ba's game.

I'm counting this bloke as a better version of Obertan going by his YouTube thing.

Pretty obvious what I meant, people trying to be clever shites though. I'd say obviously they need to hold it up, but a bit of height needed too.

Someone else said this to me today as well. Course we need a tall striker, who do we have that can hold the ball up adequately in the entire club? No one. Not one player, we need a big striker at least as strong as Ba, especially with rapeys lust for direct football.

Maybe we will try and play a different style? We didn't need one last season when we played 4-3-3 so I wouldn't advocate signing one now. Simply because it will encourage Pardew to play a more direct style. We've been desperate for pace to get in behind the opposition and it looks like this signing is addressing that.

Maybe we will try and play a different style? We didn't need one last season when we played 4-3-3 so I wouldn't advocate signing one now. Simply because it will encourage Pardew to play a more direct style. We've been desperate for pace to get in behind the opposition and it looks like this signing is addressing that.

Where's the evidence during Pardew's reign that we'll play a sophisticated style of football though? Say we sign this Gouffran, the only 6ft+ striker is Shola, and he doesn't count. Someone in the Ricky Lambert mold but better would be ideal. Obviously we need pace, Cisse isn't slow, someone to actually hold it up and bring people in to play is more important in my view, as NJS said, a very underrated part of Ba's game. We're not Barcelona, we never will be, we're an English football team, with a manager with very anglicised beliefs in how the game should be played.

What about what I posted about the 4-3-3 last season? We never needed one then. So what if Pardew goes 4-3-3 for the rest of the season, are we still going to need one?

It's an archaic view that you need a big lad to hold up the ball IMO. Yes maybe as an option off the bench but it's not something I want to see this club looking for as our main striker.

Time to let Cisse strut his stuff and build the attack around him like we did in our successful spell last season.

What about what I posted about the 4-3-3 last season? We never needed one then. So what if Pardew goes 4-3-3 for the rest of the season, are we still going to need one?

It's an archaic view that you need a big lad to hold up the ball IMO. Yes maybe as an option off the bench but it's not something I want to see this club looking for as our main striker.

Time to let Cisse strut his stuff and build the attack around him like we did in our successful spell last season.

Ba was still winning the aerial battles and the one competing in the air despite being on the right. It wasn't Ajax 1974 by any stretch of the imagination. You have one point of view, mine is the polar opposite, I think it's imperative we sign a striker in the Didier Drogba mould.

The same bloke on Talksport has just said that he plays like Remy, right-foot, left-foot with pace and would be an excellent singing for us if it goes through. :up:

Dont get too hung up on the fee like. I couldnt care if he was £10M or £1M he is the same player and Ill reserve judgement till I see him in our side.