Yoan Gouffran

Tooj

Cisse played a superb pass in the build up to Sissoko's first as well.

Gouffran as a wide forward is clearly working as it gives us a pacey outlet and a player who can actually create chances. Cisse has something like 3 in the last 6, which isn't a bad return at all. Bit unfair to compare him to the goal machine of last season when we're in a completely different scenario.

Let's face it, one in two is an excellent return for any striker.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The French Journo iirc David Crossan, who has been tweeting solid information about all our French imports said "he's like Obertan, but better".

I'd say there's a few in France that would overrate Obertan based on his time in France and the youthful potential that saw Manchester United buy him.

Fast and French, that's where the comparison ends.

Yeah, pretty sure I am 'allergic' to grass. When I was young and would lay on grass in shorts/maybe no top I would get a slight itch. Not exactly debilitating.

Snap. Never bothered me once in a decade of playing football though. It means fuck all and it's just Mackems trying to be funny

Heard him compared to Obertan at one point during the first half. Can't think of anything further from the truth.

I seriously doubt he's ever going to be able to replace Ba (don't really think that was ever the intention from the move) but I think he'll be a good addition to the squad. He's already looked a bit better than I was expecting tbh.

I almost don't mind that he's not a like for like replacement for Ba as he fits the new system better. We have options in the attacking positions behind the lone front striker now so Cisse can play through the middle. We still need a better option than shola as number two centre forward but we might not need to break the bank to get one.

Weren't you saying you wouldn't be happy unless we bought a direct replacement for Ba? ;)

I said that if we signed a replacement for Ba it would have been a near perfect window. We're still a Cisse injury away from Shola as our number 1 striker but we might just get away with it if everyone stays fit because the players now fit the system.

I almost don't mind that he's not a like for like replacement for Ba as he fits the new system better. We have options in the attacking positions behind the lone front striker now so Cisse can play through the middle. We still need a better option than shola as number two centre forward but we might not need to break the bank to get one.

Yup

After Shola, Best, Ba, Ranger and Cisse who all have certain similarities to their game, it's nice to have someone a bit different in the team. He can play anywhere across the front 3 as well which is a bonus as Ba, Cisse and Shola were shite out wide

Pisstake that Ranger gets on the bench ahead of him

His time will come, it seems to me that Pardew has been reluctant to put him in at the deep end as things haven't been ideal for the young lad to deal with this season. I agree that he should be ahead of Ranger though, he shouldn't even be at the club.

Not sure if he was a target man but he played as a central striker and since doing so started banging them in. I wouldn't describe Cisse as a target man though.

This isn't first hand knowledge btw, just what various people/journos have said.

Edited by Gejon