Yoan Gouffran

Tooj

Agreed, I think he's really making a difference for us. Does this mean that it was a lot better than all of the fuss made it look, and that he'll be back shortly? I didn't think I saw a return date. Unless he's just ok after all?

Probably just severe bruising of the shin bone so I'd imagine he'd be out for a couple of weeks. He'd have missed the Europe league games anyway.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle forward Yoan Gouffran could be fit to play in Newcastle's next Premier League game, after scans revealed the shin injury he suffered against Tottenham on Saturday is not as serious as first feared.

Gouffran was taken to hospital after an accidental clash with Spurs full-back Kyle Walker, leading to concerns that he may have suffered a broken leg in the incident, which occured in the second half of Newcastle's 2-1 defeat.

Yet Pardew has confirmed his January transfer window signing is merely nursing a 'heavy blow' to the shin after positive news from X-rays conducted at a London hospital on Saturday.

"It's not as serious as it could be, so that is positive news," Pardew said. "Yoan was fantastic for us at Tottenham and his exit changed the course of the game, but hopefully he will not be our for long."

Meanwhile, Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote has conceded he may face a wait to get back into Pardew's starting XI, after returning to the North East following his stint at the African Nations Cup with Ivory Coast.

The stunning form of Moussa Sissoko since his arrival in January means Tiote may not be an automatic pick for Pardew in the coming months, but the combative midfielder seems content to wait for his chance.

"The squad has changed since I have been away and it was good for us to sign some new players because now we have much more strength in the squad and more balance as well," Tiote told Newcastle's official website.

"I cannot just come straight back in. The team have been doing well while I was away and got a couple of really good wins. All that matters is the team, not who is playing. If we are winning games then you cannot expect to just come back and play from the start."

Pardew is expected to make changes to his line-up for Thursday night's Europa League game against Metalist Kharkiv, even though his side do not have a game this weekend following their early exit from the FA Cup.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/192648.html#B4kjpsfHj1it70oZ.99

:)

still looking forward to seeing the midfield three of cabaye, sissoko and tiote.

good news about gouffran too. i knew fuck all about him before he signed but i've been very impressed with him so far.

I thought Perch did alright to be honest but I agree Tiote is by far the better option in the long term.

Great news about Gouffran because has certainly added a new dimension to our attack, a much needed one too.

You spelled Perch wrong

:D

Tiote, Cisse and Jonas have suffered because of what we've gone through as a team this season. They are all still key figures for us imo, though Jonas does seem to be getting on a bit.

I reckon Perch put in a good account of himself on the weekend. Tiote needs to calm down, I wouldn't grumble if we shipped him (for a replacement) in the summer. I can't see his smacked arse look doing team morale any good either if he carries that attitude around the dressing room / training ground.

When he's at his best he's a brilliant DMF , but I can't help but think hes already past his prime at the toon, for reasons unknown.

He can't get a decent run of games because of his discipline (and ACON). He needs to sort his act out discipline-wise first and foremost which would go a long way to getting some sort of consistency back into his game. Don't think he is 'past his prime' mind! But he NEEDS to be told to calm the fuck down. I know that people say 'well take that out of his game and you are taking his game away from him', but if he wants to be as good a footballer as he appears that he could be, he has to adapt his game beyond the meaty challenges, the stray boot bull in a china shop routine, simply because no team wants to depend on someone in the middle of the park, in that break up play DMF position, who is undependable and misses games due to being mental and getting sent off. Often.

Tiote will be a better player if he is capable of understanding what you can and can't do on the pitch. Until the light goes on, he'll just be a good player who can all too often turn into a liability. Question is whether he is smart enough to get it.

Surprised that some people can't see that.

Now that he has some better players around him and won't feel like he has to do everything himself, he could settle back in to being the midfield enforcer he was last season.

Cracking player, but I'd like it if he cut out the histrionics - it's embarrassing.

I hope so as well. He needs to get back to winning the ball and doing the simple thing in laying it off. He may well have been trying to do too much.

I'd also think about giving him a valium or ativan before the game.