Yoan Gouffran

Tooj

Now that he has some better players around him and won't feel like he has to do everything himself, he could settle back in to being the midfield enforcer he was last season.

Cracking player, but I'd like it if he cut out the histrionics - it's embarrassing.

I hope that's the case, would make sense. Sissoko should help him somewhat but I'll expect him to get his customary yellow card in every other game. Hopefully he'll just protect the back 4 from here on out, offensively he's woeful half the time and he appears to have to shoot on cue when the crowd shout the word.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more about that last bit. Being a Newcastle fan is a series of frustrations one after the other, but few as frustrating as watching Tiote shoot from ludicrous positions on command from the crowd. Some fucker has got to tell him to cut that out. Don't we have coaches who can have a word with him?

He can't get a decent run of games because of his discipline (and ACON). He needs to sort his act out discipline-wise first and foremost..

Then stop being African?

I'm pretending to be black today. And I am outraged, etc.

Safety ;)

Edited by toonotl

Past his prime? He's 26!

Past his prime for the toon I said. He was magnificent when he arrived, but I reckon we've seen his attitude drop (perhaps due to Pardew trying to play him as box to box) .

I'm sure he'll go on to do good things with a more discipline based manager. You wouldn't see him picking up endless needless yellows under Fergie.

He does try though, bless him..

I don't get why he doesn't improve, surely the coaches can do something - as he's got the pace and control - he's just an utter numpty when it comes to decisions.

Back on to Gouffran though, isn't it great when we get a new signing and he immediately becomes a must play! I honestly cant remember a time since Bobby that we've had so many people walk straight into the first team and impress.

I still believe the new players have to adapt, but for Gouffran - more of the same!

Edited by scoobos

Past his prime for the toon I said. He was magnificent when he arrived, but I reckon we've seen his attitude drop (perhaps due to Pardew trying to play him as box to box) .

I'm sure he'll go on to do good things with a more discipline based manager. You wouldn't see him picking up endless needless yellows under Fergie.

Vinnie Jones on Crystal meth wouldn't get many yellows under ''Fergie''.

He does try though, bless him..

I don't get why he doesn't improve, surely the coaches can do something - as he's got the pace and control - he's just an utter numpty when it comes to decisions.

Back on to Gouffran though, isn't it great when we get a new signing and he immediately becomes a must play! I honestly cant remember a time since Bobby that we've had so many people walk straight into the first team and impress.

I still believe the new players have to adapt, but for Gouffran - more of the same!

Do you mean Obertan? He's fucking lazy as fuck if you ask me.

Obertain's biggest issue is complete lack of awareness of his team mates. His only real use to us as is a late sub, when he can be stuck on the half way line to allow quick counter attacks against a tired defence.

I can't see the point of him tbh. I'd like to see him moved on in the summer.

Obertan would be better suited to a Wigan or a team like that. Very little pressure.

He seems shit scared to do attempt anything. Confidence is at zero - although to be fair if I had a head like that i'd hide in a darkened room.

That's a bit unfair to Wigan really. Walsall or Wimbledon would be more his standard to be honest.

I think the lack of confidence comes from him really being a gutless twat. He really does have the heart the size of a pea. He needs to go in the summer.

They may have been put off by our valuation and his wage demands, but another 6 months towards the end of his contract and further evidence that he is nowhere near our 1st team, may see the demands shrink and the interest subsequently grow.

Obertan's worst crime is his lack of footballing intelligence. So often he'll have beaten his man and have the option of driving into the box for a shot or a pull back, or he should use the space wide to measure a cross. More often than not he does neither. Ben Arfa is obviously 1st choice on the right, but Obertan shouldn't be 2nd.

Obertan's worst crime is his lack of footballing intelligence. So often he'll have beaten his man and have the option of driving into the box for a shot or a pull back, or he should use the space wide to measure a cross. More often than not he does neither. Ben Arfa is obviously 1st choice on the right, but Obertan shouldn't be 2nd.

Spot on. He obviously has ability, he just makes strange decisions. He's supposed to be a really intelligent bloke as well. Goes to show though, as Rooney comes across thick as fuck but I think he's one of the most intelligent footballers I've seen with decision making/picking a pass etc.

Isn't Woodgate's nickname Village (as in village idiot) but he is quite possibly the most intelligent players I've ever seen play for us.

I think it's Obertan's lack of heart that's more of a problem than his intelligence (although I agree that's a problem too).

Aye, Obertan has a university degree. His lack of awareness of his team mates is shocking the majoirty of the time, but every now and again he'll spot a brilliant pass (whether he pulls it off or not is another matter). This suggests that he's capable of it, but just doesn't give a shit.

Aye, Obertan has a university degree. His lack of awareness of his team mates is shocking the majoirty of the time, but every now and again he'll spot a brilliant pass (whether he pulls it off or not is another matter). This suggests that he's capable of it, but just doesn't give a shit.

Means nothing these days.

Could it be the ability to make a decision quickly is lacking? Players like Rooney are deemed to possess a footballing intelligence, but could it just be that they set themselves on the only course they are aware of at that time?