Yoan Gouffran

Tooj

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with Gouffran. He's pretty much what I expected and a little bit more. Basing my entire opinion on watching him for an hour at SJP earlier this season.

I think it just makes his skin itch tbh, pretty sure Mario Balotelli has the same allergy, I cant see it having any affect on his performances,

Yeah, pretty sure I am 'allergic' to grass. When I was young and would lay on grass in shorts/maybe no top I would get a slight itch. Not exactly debilitating.

Edited by Gejon

Yeah, pretty sure I am 'allergic' to grass. When I was young and would lay on grass in shorts/maybe no top I would get a slight itch. Not exactly debilitating.

Aye I get a similar reaction, it's odd that newspapers and people are discussing it the bloke is 26 and has played footy on grass for at least 20 year I reckon he'll be fine.

people's perceptions of allergy are one of the many banes of my life.

"I'm allergic to anaesthetic"

"so you're allergic to the idea of not feeling something?"

(prolonged careful discussion follows to elicit history suggestive of extremely rare but quite serious reactions to certain anaesthetic drugs)

"well I had an operation and fainted two weeks later so it must have been due to the anaesthetic"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Heard him compared to Obertan at one point during the first half. Can't think of anything further from the truth.

I seriously doubt he's ever going to be able to replace Ba (don't really think that was ever the intention from the move) but I think he'll be a good addition to the squad. He's already looked a bit better than I was expecting tbh.

Heard him compared to Obertan at one point during the first half. Can't think of anything further from the truth.

I seriously doubt he's ever going to be able to replace Ba (don't really think that was ever the intention from the move) but I think he'll be a good addition to the squad. He's already looked a bit better than I was expecting tbh.

Should never be compared with Obertan from what I have seen. Gouffran looks quality. In terms of being Ba's replacement, look at the 2nd half of last season when Ba was playing in that position. Lack of goals aside, I thought he was cumbersome and his control and movement was terrible. I would take Gouffran in that position over Ba any day. Problem is, Cisse needs to step up his game as he is looking a distant shadow of himself from this time last year.

Should never be compared with Obertan from what I have seen. Gouffran looks quality. In terms of being Ba's replacement, look at the 2nd half of last season when Ba was playing in that position. Lack of goals aside, I thought he was cumbersome and his control and movement was terrible. I would take Gouffran in that position over Ba any day. Problem is, Cisse needs to step up his game as he is looking a distant shadow of himself from this time last year.

I agree and it's worrying to be honest. In the last three games he has had a hat full of chances and scored once. I wonder if it's worth putting Goufran through the middle when Ben Arfa is back and dropping Cisse for a couple of games.

The French Journo iirc David Crossan, who has been tweeting solid information about all our French imports said "he's like Obertan, but better".

This is why I was so impressed with his performance as I wasn't quite expecting what I saw. At one point in the second half he literally sprinted half the pitch to get back and help Santon out.

Early days of course for all of them but so far do good with him.

I agree and it's worrying to be honest. In the last three games he has had a hat full of chances and scored once. I wonder if it's worth putting Goufran through the middle when Ben Arfa is back and dropping Cisse for a couple of games.

Tidy finish against Villa and just needed a bit more on some of his efforts against Chelsea to have scored. He'll pick up and get better but he won't do so the bench.

Cisse played a superb pass in the build up to Sissoko's first as well.

Gouffran as a wide forward is clearly working as it gives us a pacey outlet and a player who can actually create chances. Cisse has something like 3 in the last 6, which isn't a bad return at all. Bit unfair to compare him to the goal machine of last season when we're in a completely different scenario.

I seem to remember when we signed Cisse, reading from someone who had seen him a lot (actually it might have been some makem on the smb when I was laughing at their bitterness) that he's the type of player who needs a good few chances to score. It sounded like the way Cole was in his first season with us. If you remember back then, Cole would miss chance after chance but we would create so many that he would inevitably score. When Cisse first arrived everything he hit went in. Some of them, the Chelsea goal being the perfect example, were ones that you thought he could try it a hundred times and never manage to do that again. Obviously if we were expecting him to repeat that again this season we were expecting too much and he is looking more like the player described back then. That player is still getting into positions to score and in recent weeks he's started to hit the back of the net more regularly. When we show him that we can create more chances (something I'm confident of with the new signings and I will be even more confident of when Ben Arfa's back) I think he will get more confident and he will start scoring again more regularly.