Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Just lucky I guess. When I've been having a bath and making toast at the same time, the toaster has never fallen in.

Which bit on contracts do you not agree with? Enlighten me.

See BW's post, nail on head really. Unfortunately that isn't as maudlin as you'd like it to be, is it?

Completely disagree.

The pendulum has swung swell over to the point that the player and his agent dictate virtually all dealings. If a player wants to go,the contract is meaningless. The buying club knows the seller will fold except in very rare circumstances.If a player wants to see out the length of the contract, he stays and bleeds the club dry as the club is tied.

Contracts these days are farcical. Only somebody with their head up their arse would think otherwise.

Completely disagree.

The pendulum has swung swell over to the point that the player and his agent dictate virtually all dealings. If a player wants to go,the contract is meaningless. The buying club knows the seller will fold except in very rare circumstances.If a player wants to see out the length of the contract, he stays and bleeds the club dry as the club is tied.

Contracts these days are farcical. Only somebody with their head up their arse would think otherwise.

:lol:

The contract isn't meaningless it's just not the cast-iron shackles that is once was. You're a melodramatic child if you believe that there are no benefits to a contract for the club. What about relegation release clauses, or minimum fees, or pay as you play, or any number of contractual nuances that mean the club benefits. The biggest issue I see with contracts is the Agent. I'm sure there's a player that only has his contracts drawn up by lawyers and hasn't an Agent to speak of, but I forget his name. I think without Agents looking to profit from the merry-go-round, you'd see less transfers, less mercs and less money flying around. imo.

However, I'm aware that's far too optimistic an outlook, so I'll leave you with this instead.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEbXnWbwjLQ

Completely disagree.

We got £35m for Andy Fucking Carroll recently :lol:

That wouldn't happen if contracts were as useless as you thought, the same can be said for Henderson, Downing, Allen, Zaha etc.. and the amounts we paid for Sissoko and Gouffran also show just how important these contracts are as if they had years left on them we would have been paying a hell of a lot more.

Edited by Gejon

• 1 month later...

Obviously his form has dropped off which is to be expected as it would have been unrealistic to expect him to keep such form up every game until the end of the season.

Anyway I have a concern in the fact our main attacking tactic at the moment seems to be we'll just give him the ball and expect him to burst past a few men and see what happens from there. We've saw this at times this season with Ba and Ben Arfa too.

Shame we haven't seen him alongside Ben Arfa yet. Can see those two linking up well ... if we ever see them on the same pitch

I honestly think when do eventually link....they will be lethal...exciting times ahead hopefully

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we're out of Europe, reckon he'll have some more time to recup from games. He's been doing 180 minutes a week for awhile now so can understand why he looks so knackered.

Having said that, would like to see him release the ball a little sooner at times.

Edited by IndianMag

Awful today, specially first half.

He has played every 4 days for 40 days basically.

Dunno if he's had internationals on top of that anaarl.

For the pace of the game he's come in to that's some fucking effort.

Aye, the guy needs a rest. We've overused him and Pardew doesn't have any plan for him other than to have him knock the ball forward and pelt at full pace after it.

He could well be a monster next season when he has time to properly adjust to English football.

Would like to see him play a bit deeper now like how he did at Toulouse. He's got loads more to his game than just being a flat track bully.

Would like to see him play a bit deeper now like how he did at Toulouse. He's got loads more to his game than just being a flat track bully.

You can tell he's being limited. I worry that Pards can't though.

It reminds me of how earlier on in the season it was a case of give the ball to Ben Arfa and hope that something happens. At the moment that seems to be happening with Sissoko. I do think his composure and decision making needs to improve without a doubt mind.

Came with the rep of an up and down dynamo. Being played like Rooney.

It worked early on and Pardew does deserve credit for that. Yet look at the way Man City deploy Yaya Toure, he starts off the game deeper then if they need a goal they just push him further up front. Games like today we don't need a Tiote type in there. Sissoko and Cabaye (despite his form) in the centre of the park should be more than enough.

Games like today we don't need a Tiote type in there. Sissoko and Cabaye (despite his form) in the centre of the park should be more than enough.

Pardew seems to play players on his reputation, not on logic (as in what you've just said yourself). Like he has to fit Jonas in somewhere, Tiote has to play regardless of the match or his form etc. He doesn't adapt the team a lot.

Only Krul, Colo, Debuchy, a fit Ben Arfa, and Cisse should feel they will start every match. The rest shouldn't be guaranteed a.place in the first 11 at the moment, although that's a bit unfair of me with regards to Yanga-Mbiwa.