Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

AP says Sissoko played wide right for Toulouse and France...erm did he?

If we are to play 4231 which i do think works when players are in form and put more impetus on beating the opposition rather than not being beat, Sissoko behind Cisee worked for a while but i'd be more inclined to have him sit in with Tiote and allow Cabaye that freedom further forward.

AP says Sissoko played wide right for Toulouse and France...erm did he?

If we are to play 4231 which i do think works when players are in form and put more impetus on beating the opposition rather than not being beat, Sissoko behind Cisee worked for a while but i'd be more inclined to have him sit in with Tiote and allow Cabaye that freedom further forward.

Sissoko shouldn't be sitting, he should be given free reign and allowed to go up and down. Same with Cabaye.

Our main problem is a striker to compliment Cisse.. we get one in and all the problems around the rest of the squad will sort itself out.

Imagine having a 25 year old Alan Shearer to play along side him?! That's the style of player we should be going for..

Our main problem is a striker to compliment Cisse.. we get one in and all the problems around the rest of the squad will sort itself out.

Imagine having a 25 year old Alan Shearer to play along side him?! That's the style of player we should be going for..

breaking the record transfer fee for one of the best strikers in the world?

what rock have you been hiding under?

Sure mate, sure.

Not the fact we only have 1 and he doesn't appear to be able to stop running offside ?

Miaow, saucer of milk, table 5.

Edited by scoobos

Well its not his fault admittedly, but he is offside too much. Some of them are silly - like Tiote's redmist challenges.

If cabaye is playing and doing those lovely diagonal attacking passes it works, without him no one else seems to do it, so Cisse just runs offside.

Edited by scoobos

I'm sick of the "Cisse is always offside" quip. His entire game is based around playing on the shoulder of the last man. I'm surprised he isn't ruled offside more often.

Have you watched him play often? Much of the time when he's offside there no legitimate reason for it.

Hard to create chances for him when he's surrounded by 4 defenders for 90minutes

Well that's part of the problem Sherlock ;)

If we had other forward players being creative, getting down the wings, taking full backs on etc then they would have less time to mark Cisse.

He would score for fun in a side that created good chances.

You genuinely think its that simple :lol:

Shane will save the day!

No one mentioned Shane but with no end product on the left and little on the right and lots of long balls, it's hardly giving Cisse decent service.

Not even a debatable point really.

However when you play for Cisse and slip excellent balls through (as Marveaux did) he wi finish.

It is that simple really :)

Just give him the Yaya Toure role for fuck sake. Sit him next to Tiote and let him bring the ball out of defence, instead of having Cabaye pump long balls forward from that position. It'll also let him time his runs unmarked, where if he's behind the striker he's easier for a defender to pick up.

Just give him the Yaya Toure role for fuck sake. Sit him next to Tiote and let him bring the ball out of defence, instead of having Cabaye pump long balls forward from that position. It'll also let him time his runs unmarked, where if he's behind the striker he's easier for a defender to pick up.

I agree with this.

If we did this, we could also give Cabaye a more advanced role where he could actually perhaps provide some useful playmaking rather than the long balls.

Dirty, not suggesting for a second that we'd be in for a world record bid striker, just that we should be looking at a striker with similar attributes to what Shearer had in his younger days. Would compliment Cisse perfectly in my humblest.

Dean Ashton had similar attributes, that's what I meant :)