Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Quote "Or is he going to play on the side where he played for France and Toulouse?”

There's your fucking clue Pardew.

You bought him - did you buy him as a number 10, cos if you did you're totally lost.

He didn't fucking buy him though...he was bought for him. Pardew's comments are frankly bizzarre, but it may be down to modern player power as much as anything. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Pardew is in the habit of asking players what they feel their best position is, and if Pardew got a bit of a shrug from Sissoko as an answer he's likely as much in the dark as the rest of us. He played in behind Cisse and in the right hand channel pretty much due to Ben Arfa being injured, then when he ran out is steam Ben Arfa waddled back in. Let's see where Pardew picks him when he's got a full squad...am sure someone will tell him what to do...

CT's plan is basically "get forward". :lol:

He genuinely believes we just need a manager to come in and shout 'beat your man', 'get a cross in', 'attack!'.

Spoken by a bloke who probably hasn't even put in 30minutes on the Astro at Pitz

Would really like to see him infront of Tiote and Cabaye in a 433, with Ben Arfa on his right and a new bought winger on the left. That new winger needs to be pacy, explosive and creative though, And i have no faith in JFK and co to spend enough dosh on one that is good enough. With Jonas on the left we will rely on Ben Arfa way too much to create again. Marveaux I don't have faith in to last 90 mins. Gouffran I don't really see as creative enough either, but he is the best choice for the left wing/striker spot. We could actually have a very good first 11 if we bought a top notch winger. And I wouldnt mind taking this fellow off for Marveaux for the last 30.

Would really like to see him infront of Tiote and Cabaye in a 433, with Ben Arfa on his right and a new bought winger on the left. That new winger needs to be pacy, explosive and creative though, And i have no faith in JFK and co to spend enough dosh on one that is good enough. With Jonas on the left we will rely on Ben Arfa way too much to create again. Marveaux I don't have faith in to last 90 mins. Gouffran I don't really see as creative enough either, but he is the best choice for the left wing/striker spot. We could actually have a very good first 11 if we bought a top notch winger. And I wouldnt mind taking this fellow off for Marveaux for the last 30.

Someone like Sinclair would be perfect imo. I think it all depends on how you set up the central midfield three. Personally, I'd have a triangle with Tiote ahead of the back four, Cabaye advanced of him a little and Sissoko ostensibly alongside Cabaye. However Sissoko given instructions to pick the ball up from Tiote and the back line and drive forward with it at his feet, or hand it off to YC or one of the wingers as he continues his run.

130713061857.png

Sissoko isn't made for being that sort of player though, that spot is for the likes of Silva/Mata/Hazard/HBA/ or if you want someone who isn't a tricky midget Bergkamp, they need to be technically great with vision who can turn people inside out with little room

Sissoko as mentioned is a yaya toure or an essien, he's a power house who gets moving and needs the room in front of him, he doesn't have the feet to be in behind a striker like that, as we seen last season his goto option is knocking the ball past people and going like a train

I'd agree with that. If we're playing anyone in the hole it has to be Ben Arfa.

He genuinely believes we just need a manager to come in and shout 'beat your man', 'get a cross in', 'attack!'.

Spoken by a bloke who probably hasn't even put in 30minutes on the Astro at Pitz

It's about style of play.

Anyone who thinks our best team couldnt play attractive attacking football if they were coached and set up to play that way is clueless.

Anyone who thinks our best team couldnt play attractive attacking football if they were coached and set up to play that way is clueless.

True. And anyone who can't recognise that to solve this its Ashley who needs to get his arse in gear is equally as clueless.

I like Fish's formation a lot but it looks very offensive for a Pardew side where its mostly safety first. The only difference is Cabaye being pushed further forward which we didn't really play, we played mostly with two lads sitting in. We'll see what happens, no one leaving(?) a full pre season for the players bought in January and Pardew reading this thread should see us top 5 at least :)

:lol:

Sherlock strikes again. MEANWHILE "genius" Mike Ashley has Joe Kinnear waiting in the wings.

"Let's over analyse the fuck out of it and look clever" ;)

http://www.slideshare.net/03akkasi/boas-leaked-report

I'm going to go with the man who impressed Sir Bobby Robson so much as a 16yr old kid, the great man offered him a job in their scouting department. I'm going to go with that man and his analysis, over some oaf who sprays "Let's just score more goals" between chomps of deep fried pie.

What a bizarre few posts :lol:

I'm the one saying we need a better style of play / tactics and people are using managers who use a better style of play / tactics to argue against me :)

Arguing for the sake of it me thinks ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree

'Its a simple game really, Guardiola, Mourinho, Wenger, Heynckes, they all over analyse! Give it to the winger, he runs past a defender, crosses, goal. Simples'

*Camera cuts to Klopp*

He's drawn.... a kitten!

What a bizarre few posts :lol: I'm the one saying we need a better style of play / tactics and people are using managers who use a better style of play / tactics to argue against me :) Arguing for the sake of it me thinks ;)

Then you're not understanding the argument.

You said:

"Let's over analyse the fuck out of it and look clever" ;)

in our efforts to suggest a broad strategy more complex than your " get it down the wing and create more chances" shtick.

Then we mocked your simplicity and provided evidence that the professionals obsess over minutia, backing up our assertions that it's not a simple case of "Wingers=Chances, Chances=Goals" and that there's more to consider than putting blind faith in a tricksy Norn Irish waif, or a gutless Fabergé egg.

Then you're not understanding the argument.

You said:

in our efforts to suggest a broad strategy more complex than your " get it down the wing and create more chances" shtick.

Then we mocked your simplicity and provided evidence that the professionals obsess over minutia, backing up our assertions that it's not a simple case of "Wingers=Chances, Chances=Goals" and that there's more to consider than putting blind faith in a tricksy Norn Irish waif, or a gutless Fabergé egg.

You've confused him now.

And here we are again over analysing :lol:

A better manager could get a lot more out of our current players than Pardew.

His panicky defend first, hump later football doesn't make the best use of the skilful players we have.

If you want to pat yourselves on the back and dress the argument up more complicated then feel free. ;)

And here we are again over analysing :lol:

A better manager could get a lot more out of our current players than Pardew.

His panicky defend first, hump later football doesn't make the best use of the skilful players we have.

If you want to pat yourselves on the back and dress the argument up more complicated then feel free. ;)

Are you actually a mental?

Someone like Sinclair would be perfect imo. I think it all depends on how you set up the central midfield three. Personally, I'd have a triangle with Tiote ahead of the back four, Cabaye advanced of him a little and Sissoko ostensibly alongside Cabaye. However Sissoko given instructions to pick the ball up from Tiote and the back line and drive forward with it at his feet, or hand it off to YC or one of the wingers as he continues his run.

130713061857.png

I'd agree with that. If we're playing anyone in the hole it has to be Ben Arfa.

This is the formation that is in my head since january! play our 3 best midfielders in the midfield together! the rest picks itself!