Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

French, starts for the national team, ticks a box I suppose.

:dunno:

Mind, this way at least he'll go for a pretty penny and we won't have to worry about facing him any time soon :good::cry::suicide:

Isn't Kemen saying he's the new Pogba? In an ideal world we're just selling Sissoko to free up space for Kemen to unfold.

I don't know where to start with this one.

Potential new managers will really be lining up now :lol:

In all seriousness there are about 5 clubs in the world who could stop a player leaving if PSG came knocking, especially if that player is French, and we aren't one of them.

The likes of Tuchel, Garde and the others we've been linked with and actually want aren't getting those jobs any time soon.

We hate our situation but, realistically, we're still a PL club, we aren't going to go down as long as the manager is competent, we're not going into administration anytime soon and, potentially very attractively, our owner has shown with Pardew that he will be loyal to his manager far beyond most others in the elite leagues.

We're a damn sight more attractive than a lot of people make out, even as just a stepping stone.

Stepping stone, exactly what we are these days and are expected to enjoy the players while we have them and expect them to leave as soon as they string some form together.

Siem De Jong, like a new signing....

Needs to have a full season without much injury before a big club comes for Krul now imo, don't think his stock is as high as it has been in the past.

Would actually guess Perez as being next January's big sale if he continues the form he's on over the next year.

I'm not sure why PSG want him to be honest, it doesn't look like they really wanted Cabaye in the end.. just strength in depth I suppose. Can't imagine him being a regular first teamer there.

Aye just think it's ticking that French player box while getting one of the better French players in that position. Shame tbh as he's a good player to watch (like Cabaye was) I hope we've held them to a fucking ransom for him mind but no doubt it'll be a 12m or so fee.

I reckon £15m - £12m would be letting him for for not much more than his actual value...

I've seen £20m floated but that seems highly doubtful.

Yeah I figured his value around 12m which is why I'm worried that's what we let him go for that. I'd hope it's 20m as I don't see the need in selling him for anything but a good amount over his value, then again I'm sure it's part of the agreement of bringing these players in that we'll be reasonable with the fees when a big team comes in. Just yet another player that needs replaced, I really don't want Anita filling his role.

Yeah I figured his value around 12m which is why I'm worried that's what we let him go for that. I'd hope it's 20m as I don't see the need in selling him for anything but a good amount over his value, then again I'm sure it's part of the agreement of bringing these players in that we'll be reasonable with the fees when a big team comes in. Just yet another player that needs replaced, I really don't want Anita filling his role.

I suppose they'll put De Jong in there and change the way we play again. Cue another 10 months of watching the team play like headless chickens until they master the system, before the vital component is sold and the process can repeat.

I suppose they'll put De Jong in there and change the way we play again. Cue another 10 months of watching the team play like headless chickens until they master the system, before the vital component is sold and the process can repeat.

:lol: Sounds about right, unless we can actually put a good head coach in place who can actually create a system that makes players better rather than hoping talented players can improve a weak system.

In all seriousness there are about 5 clubs in the world who could stop a player leaving if PSG came knocking, especially if that player is French, and we aren't one of them.

The likes of Tuchel, Garde and the others we've been linked with and actually want aren't getting those jobs any time soon.

We hate our situation but, realistically, we're still a PL club, we aren't going to go down as long as the manager is competent, we're not going into administration anytime soon and, potentially very attractively, our owner has shown with Pardew that he will be loyal to his manager far beyond most others in the elite leagues.

We're a damn sight more attractive than a lot of people make out, even as just a stepping stone.

I agree with that. The point Fish has been trying to make recently. Most of all in my opinion, for anyone ambitious, the thought of breaking our trophy draught and going down in history should be pretty appealing. If Swansea and Wigan can do it, it should be possible for us even on Ashley's budget.

But thats not what I was going on about, it was more to do with the timing. Pardew gone, and at long last some of the fans are daring to hope someone decent comes in and perhaps we can dare to look ahead in God knows how long. What do we do? Sell (allegedly) our best player, again. So much for daring to hope.

Loyal to managers as in Pardew's case? Yeah, as long as he sucks up to Ashley and plays along with his idea of what we should be doing as a club. The kind of people that'd be willing to do that aren't going to be talented or ambitious so Im not seeing that as a factor in attracting someone decent.