Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

The problem selling him leaves us with is having to play Obertan. Much like the situation with Williamson, any transfer window that ends with us having him in the first team has to be considered a failure.

Other than that I'd be more than happy to get rid of Sissoko.

I'd like to see him play CM for a bit tbh, alongside either Anita or Colback as I think we need more of a physical presence there.

He has all the attributes to be exactly what we need there apart from the mentality.

He has all the attributes to be exactly what we need there apart from the mentality.

And the passing ability. And the tackling ability and any ability that isn't running with the ball. Him in CM with shite like Anita/Colback is a hideous thought. I'm clutching at the idea of Tiote coming into form and Wijnaldum or De Jong being effective as his partner.

And the passing ability. And the tackling ability and any ability that isn't running with the ball. Him in CM with shite like Anita/Colback is a hideous thought. I'm clutching at the idea of Tiote coming into form and Wijnaldum or De Jong being effective as his partner.

Not meaning it's a dream of mine to have him play CM but out of what we have it's probably a better option than having Anita and Colback together, unless like you say Tiote gets into any form but it seems fairly unlikely due to the fact he's a total fucking knacker. I'm just worried that Anita and Colback are too small as a partnership to really control a midfield, one of them with a bigger player is a possibility but together I'm worried they will get pushed out of the game and it's not like either is particularly gifted technically anyway. If Sissoko can get over the fact he's a massive fanny he could be of some use there.

Is De Jong injured again? I think we need to buy an effective midfielder that can play deeper tbh as the two best options (Wijnaldum and De Jong) clearly prefer a more forward role, it can wait mind as I think we need to sort the defence first. I'm just really wanting to see some use out of Sissoko unless we sell him tbh, as he's fairly useless on the wing in all honesty.

Can't get on board with selling Sissoko at all. He is only 25 and as some of you have said he has attributes that none of our other midfielders have, if we are talking about going missing I can think of other more persistent offenders.

Can't get on board with selling Sissoko at all. He is only 25 and as some of you have said he has attributes that none of our other midfielders have, if we are talking about going missing I can think of other more persistent offenders.

I don't want us to sell him either, we are yet to see the best of him. I think playing him in the right position will give him confidence which in turn will allow him to reach his full potential.

Bit harsh on Sissoko I reckon, especially given the shit he's put up with and the lies he's been fed. I'm more surprised when a foreign signing DOESN'T lose his enthusiasm than those that do, given that the club systematically feeds everyone bullshit.

Selling ANY 1st team player is a big mistake imo, if we don't get replacements. Outside of CM we are paper thin. I fucking hate Tiote and think he's fantastically overrated by many fans, but I wouldn't want to see him go at the moment either, too short on DM.

That said, if Mike really has changed (doubt it) and McLaren ends up lasting more than 1.5 seasons (again doubt it) there's plenty of potential for Sissoko to improve both mentally and technically. Say what you like about McLaren, but he's got coaching pedigree.

Edited by scoobos

• 2 weeks later...

At least he remained professional about it.

he has his reasons, needs to play a lot this season to get in the euro squad, needs to display a good attitude etc.

if this were last season (or next I suspect) toys wouldve been well an truly out of the pram

Yeah pretty much, he listed off about half a dozen player who player, cabaye being one, then rounded off his statement by saying players play at bigger clubs.

Aye it may have been twisted like, think he was more angling that Cabaye had played for PSG and then moved for big money to Palace than actually saying Palace are a bigger club. Regardless he should focus on actually playing the game of football better rather than being so worried about who he's playing for, he neglects the fact that all the players he mentioned have been far better than him on a regular basis for the last few year which definitely helps get them games over him at the international level.

Cabaye received nearly half of his international caps while he was at us and Sissoko has had 22 of his 29 while at us, so I don't think either were hampered by playing for us. We'll be the biggest club he plays for if he keeps up the sort of attitude he played large stretches of the last two seasons with.

• 4 weeks later...