Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

11 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Wait does this mean we only get £6m for him? They've stitched us right up

Why do people think this? They're locked into another 4 years of paying for the daft cunt, do people think we'd just let them off for the other £24 million if he was a flop?

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Why do people think this? They're locked into another 4 years of paying for the daft cunt, do people think we'd just let them off for the other £24 million if he was a flop?

Some journo said it at the time but then later admitted he made it up.

I overheard a couple of Spurs fan on the train earlier in the week slighlty moaning that they hadn't signed anyone but them moved on to Sissoko with "what the fuck was he thinking signing that load of shit" - couldn't help bursting out laughing.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting bit in a Martin Hardy piece I was reading.

Newcastle receive £5m each year of the £30m fee they agreed with Spurs, unless the player leaves White Hart Lane, in which case they get everything they are owed.

This must be where Spurs fans got the idea that they owe nothing if they sell him.

It was definitely a journalist but I didn't think it was Hardy. The journo in question later admitted he made it up... slightly concerning that Hardy still thinks it's true.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

It was definitely a journalist but I didn't think it was Hardy. The journo in question later admitted he made it up... slightly concerning that Hardy still thinks it's true.

Hardy's saying (more or less) the opposite.

5 hours ago, adios said:

Hardy's saying (more or less) the opposite.

It was in the London evening standard.  An attempted face saving exercise by Levy when the player he imposed on Pochettiono's squad turned out to be fuckin useless. Who knew? :lol: 

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Ridiculous to have accepted payment over 6 years

Yeah we should have held out for the 50p he was worth upfront.

• 11 months later...