Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/moussa-sissoko/profil/spieler/46001

Sissoko's current valuation is £11.05 million it makes the club's £35 million laughable. A couple of weeks ago I said f we're offered £20 million for him we should snatch their hand off. But tbh the way things are I think £15 million is more realistic a price just to get rid of him.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/moussa-sissoko/profil/spieler/46001

Sissoko's current valuation is £11.05 million it makes the club's £35 million laughable. A couple of weeks ago I said f we're offered £20 million for him we should snatch their hand off. But tbh the way things are I think £15 million is more realistic a price just to get rid of him.

Pogba's valuation on there is £60m. They're miles off now and always have been.

I'd still take £15 million for Sissoko just to get rid of him

I wouldn't. We might not get £35m for him but £15m is well under valuing him in the current market. Bournmouth just spent £15m on Jordan Ibe. It's no use valuing players at the rates of a couple of year ago. It's a different ball game now.

I wouldn't. We might not get £35m for him but £15m is well under valuing him in the current market. Bournmouth just spent £15m on Jordan Ibe. It's no use valuing players at the rates of a couple of year ago. It's a different ball game now.

I get your point but he clearly doesn't want to be here, training by himself etc get rid of him & get somebody in that's willing to do their bit for the team. I'm sure for £15 million we'd be able to get a decent replacement who didn't have a problem being here

I get your point but he clearly doesn't want to be here, training by himself etc get rid of him & get somebody in that's willing to do their bit for the team. I'm sure for £15 million we'd be able to get a decent replacement who didn't have a problem being here

It doesn't benefit the club to let players go on the cheap whether they want to be here or not. The training on his own bit will be because he's not up to pace with everyone else. I'm sure it's a normal thing in the circumstances just being made into something because of his situation.

I think its time that we had an "accident" at his personal training session - quickly bury him and claim on the insurance, only way we're getting more than 10 quid for the useless fuckin mule of a man.

I think we will get £20 million for him, which would be immense given we signed him for £1.8m!!!

Weeeelllll......there's three years left on his contract, which, if we were to sell him, we'd have to pay up unless he makes a written transfer request. At a rumoured 45k a week that's just over 7 million...he's already had over 8 million in wages, plus the almost two million transfer fee as you say. I suppose there's a slight profit but I'd definetly be looking for more tbh.

I'm pretty sure we don't have to pay off his contract just to sell him. Nobody would ever sell anyone if that was the case. We'd have to pay him off to cancel his contract with no buyer in place, ie to put him out of work, but not to sell him.

Otherwise if you sell someone 1 year into a 5 year contract and they sign a 4 year deal with someone else, they effectively get double pay for 4 years.

Ok, all that's fair enough, but length of contract is a factor in most transfers and was even before Bosman. If you sign a fixed term contract and your employer wishes to release you from it for whatever reason other than gross misconduct then that contract is usually paid up, obviously subject to negotiation. That's the general principle I think, but obviously other factors come into play like keeping unhappy players etc. His constant bleating in the press won't be doing in any favours obviously, but employment law is possibly on his side?...that's why fees have been traditionally higher for players mid-contract as far as I'm aware. Obviously Bosman was a game changer but I think this rule of thumb largely still applies.

I wouldn't put anything past footballers in terms of being able to extract money, but I think the higher fees for mid-contract players are in light of the fact that said player can't easily force a move, aren't they? The fear a club has when someone is coming to the end of their contract is that the player might go for nothing by simply holding out on signing a new contract. 2 years into a 5 year deal, they can't do this as the club can force them to stay put - so the club gets to call the shots on the asking price.

That was always my reading of it anyway. The problem is, my reading is informed almost entirely by Football Manager, so I'm not pretending to be any manner of expert!