Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

so he's not joining till the summer? shame as he's probably a replacement for tiote rather than his midfield partner. ditto for the mbiwa and colo

He's a totally different player to Tiote though.

Don't think I've heard you post anything about our new signings without some sort of negative slant fwiw.

:nufc: If the reports are right then this is a top quality signing. Looks like we're finally moving in the right direction. A top quality striker and I'll be a very happy bunny.

The reports coming out today suggest that Gouffran is our replacement for Ba so I don't think that's likely.

This is genuinely a very exciting transfer, especially for £2.5 mil. He's technically a better player than Tiote, much more attack minded and knows where the goal is.

Obviously the situation isn't ideal with him being suspended by his club but that's not our problem.

He's a totally different player to Tiote though.

Don't think I've heard you post anything about our new signings without some sort of negative slant fwiw.

i'll be loving it if this goes through this month. sill not hard to remain sceptical about ashley's approach though. it's good that he's finally acting in the transfer market but i sense he's being forced into it becuase of where we are in the table. maybe this experience will show him you need to keep building a squad to build on success rather than operating a revolving door policy. i'm not confident he won't revert to type int he summer though - are you?

I'm not no but at the end of the day I can take positives out of all of these transfers.

We're you've just went oh well Mbiwa is being bought as Colo is leaving etc.

I think there's an element of Ashley trying to safeguard the transfer fees he can get in for players in the summer as much as anything else. If we go down we will not be able to get as high a fee for the players who will want to leave (Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ben Arfa, etc) so by acting now and spending (not really a massive amount) he might well be able to coin it in come July!

Edited by David Kelly

I think there's an element of Ashley trying to safeguard the transfer fees he can get in for players in the summer as much as anything else. If we go down we will not be able to get as high a fee for the players who will want to leave (Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ben Arfa, etc) so by acting now and spending (not really a massive amount) he might well be able to coin it in come July!

Fucking hell DK, I'm all for hating that cunt Ashley but the though above is just depressing.

I'm not no but at the end of the day I can take positives out of all of these transfers.

We're you've just went oh well Mbiwa is being bought as Colo is leaving etc.

i am positive about him signing but it does look like we won't see him play with colo doesn't it.

i'm equally happy about sissoko, but if he doesn't sign till summer there's every chance he won't end up playing with tiote - a massive shame as those two alognside cabaye would be mouth watering.

we're on the verge of building a squad of very exciting group of players. but i'm still not convinced ashley has learned it's a squad game and we won't see more senior departures to follow in the summer to compensate for money spent in this window. hope i'm wrong. if i am i promise not to be negative.

Fucking hell DK, I'm all for hating that cunt Ashley but the though above is just depressing.

I really can't see all of our top players staying in the summer if we stay up (unless we can prove to them we can be ambitious and we've learned from last summers mistakes) so if we go down it's inevitable that a fair few will leave (we have much better and younger players than we had when we last went down) and any club looking at them will think (just as we have done in the past) that they will be able to get a bargain from a team that's going to lose a shit load of revenue. If you think of Ashely as a businessman (which is all that I think he is. Well he's a cunt as well obviously) then he will do whatever it takes not to lose out!

Gloom, who exactly is looking to sign Tiote? He's been shite for most of the season, clubs won't be falling over each other for his signature.

We might not get what we would have got last summer but I seriously doubt we'd have any trouble selling him. He's had two very good seasons before this one when he's had more than enough excuses of the quality of the players around him to keep the majority of his reputation intact!

We might not get what we would have got last summer but I seriously doubt we'd have any trouble selling him. He's had two very good seasons before this one when he's had more than enough excuses of the quality of the players around him to keep the majority of his reputation intact!

We won't sell for moderate money. It would take a bid of £12m+ to get him IMO and I don't see anyone offering that based on recent form.

We won't sell for moderate money. It would take a bid of £12m+ to get him IMO and I don't see anyone offering that based on recent form.

I'm not so sure. I agree we won't sell cheap but people were talking £20m last summer, I still think there'd be a few takers between £10m & £15m. There's also still time for him to come back from the ACN and play alongside Cabaye and possibly Sissoko and pick his game back up. If he does I'm sure there'd be no shortage of takers!

we'd get £15-20m for him. I could see a big club coming in for him, despite his form not being as good this season.

I think the arrival and competion of an absolute beast like Sissoko can pull the very best out of Tiote to maintain his status as the clubs alpha midfielder. If he can't do that and keeps playing shit and gives up well fuck him and good bye.

I think the arrival and competion of an absolute beast like Sissoko can pull the very best out of Tiote to maintain his status as the clubs alpha midfielder. If he can't do that and keeps playing shit and gives up well fuck him and good bye.

anf if can do that and is snapped up by a 'big' club well fuck him and good bye